PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins and Suh a done deal

Who? Chandler a couple of years ago and then easley last year.

Seymour, Richard
Warren, Ty
Wilfork, Vince

Even before this year's draft, we are looking at two 1st rounders (Easley, Jones) and a second rounder (Branch, if he signs with the Pats) on our D-line.

BTW, Siliga started the last six games of the year next to Wilfork after coming off IR. None of us have any idea how the Pats coaching staff graded the performance of their two staring DTs down the stretch. At age 24, Siliga probably has upside potential. He's signed for 2014 at $660,000, but might be a prime candidate for an early extension offer.

Curious to see if the Lions file tampering charges. All the Dolphins have to do is make a phone call to the Lions owner and apologize and they should be void of all charges. Dolphins might be too dumb to do that.

Seymour, Richard
Warren, Ty
Wilfork, Vince

Even before this year's draft, we are looking at two 1st rounders (Easley, Jones) and a second rounder (Branch, if he signs with the Pats) on our D-line.

BTW, Siliga started the last six games of the year next to Wilfork after coming off IR. None of us have any idea how the Pats coaching staff graded the performance of their two staring DTs down the stretch. At age 24, Siliga probably has upside potential. He's signed for 2014 at $660,000, but might be a prime candidate for an early extension offer.

They do like to lock up the inexpensive backups first.

Guess he's roamin' from town to town to hide his shame...

So what does that mean for Revis market value? I could see the Jets offering him that much.

So what does that mean for Revis market value? I could see the Jets offering him that much.

Absolutely nothing. Revis market was set last year when Peterson and Sherman got deals.

I think he will be great in Miami, but the Dolphins will still only go 8-8. They will also suffer in other areas because of how much money they are giving Suh, which seems very dolphins of them

Absolutely nothing. Revis market was set last year when Peterson and Sherman got deals.
Those were extensions on rookie contracts iirc. I could see the Jets thinking that Revis should be the highest paid defensive player. If so he's gone.

They do like to lock up the inexpensive backups first.

For better or for worse, Siliga solidified himself as a starter at DT for the Pats...and that was with Wilfork. I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't be pencilled in as a starter when camp opens. I think it's likely that an additional budget vet and an draft choice join the party. I'm assuming that Branch returns (if the Pats liked him). At this stage of his career, he's not going to find a better option than the Pats for a season or two.

Year after year, the Dolphins try to figure out who their best player is.

Usually around the same time BBs on roster spot #42.

Those were extensions on rookie contracts iirc. I could see the Jets thinking that Revis should be the highest paid defensive player. If so he's gone.

The hell? So what if they were extensions they were still new contracts.

And if the Pats make Revis the highest paid CB, he stays with NE.

Further dictates the need to upgrade our OL, draft or free-agency...

The hell? So what if they were extensions they were still new contracts.

And if the Pats make Revis the highest paid CB, he stays with NE.
The hell? They were under rookie contracts for one more year. Thus the players had a huge incentive to sign to avoid injury risk. So it's not apples to apples for Revis situation. The Seahawks could have made Sherman play out his rookie deal.

If the Jets make him a higher paid cb than the pats offer ie suh level money which they may, regardless of what Sherman got, then he may go there.

The hell?

For better or for worse, Siliga solidified himself as a starter at DT for the Pats...and that was with Wilfork. I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't be pencilled in as a starter when camp opens. I think it's likely that an additional budget vet and an draft choice join the party. I'm assuming that Branch returns (if the Pats liked him). At this stage of his career, he's not going to find a better option than the Pats for a season or two.

It depends who's next to him. He's a rotation player at best, whether he starts or not. Kyle Love started many games.

The hell? They were under rookie contracts for one more year. Thus the players had a huge incentive to sign to avoid injury risk. So it's not apples to apples for Revis situation. The Seahawks could have made Sherman play out his rookie deal.

If the Jets make him a higher paid cb than the pats offer ie suh level money which they may, regardless of what Sherman got, then he may go there.

The hell?

jests are going to offer whatever amount that they are supposedly gonna regardless of what Suh signed for. Miami overpaying for Suh doesn't have any affect on Revis.

It depends who's next to him. He's a rotation player at best, whether he starts or not. Kyle Love started many games.

When you only have two true d-linemen on the field for the majority of your snaps, they are ALL rotation players! :)

Even Vince F. Wilfork was on the sidelines for 30% of the Patriots defensive snaps last year. That's what I'm kind of getting at with the idea that the hoody is building a different kind of defense. It's hard to accept. Hard for me, anyway. So used to seeing the Pats build around a big, strong front 7 with big fatty DTs and big powerful LBs. But, my lyin' eyes (from watching Belichick's drafts recently) tell me he's thinking along completely different lines.

I don't think he's looking for a bunch of Dwight Freenys, but he's clearly going after faster more athletic front seven players. And, clearly looking to be able to get after the QB from anywhere along the line. I don't think he's there yet. We haven't really seen the full extent of what he has in mind. Last year was still transition (until it was time for Wilfork to retire).

Indeed...

Three teams without a notable QB are designing their teams to beat a team with an elite, but aging and relatively immobile, QB. They're all going big on pass rush and collapsing the pocket. It may not work but since, at the QB position, they're stuck trying to take on a nuke (Brady) with a small caliber pistol (Tannehill) and a pair of 1 inch twigs (Manuel, Smith), they have to try winning in other ways.
Actually, with Brady working on improving his mobility (we saw the results this past year), I expect him to defeat these big, new defensive lines in the AFC East with some astounding, Vick -like moves in 2015.

BB over the years hasnt put as much effort on the d line. More on the secondary and offensive players.

So you just answered your statement: "Idk why we cant put together a decent dline."

when are we ever going to have a chance to compete for a Super Bowl...this team sucks..the DL sucks, no Revis sucks, no big name free agent WR 's sucks, Mankins loss sucks...it all sucks. BB is an OK head coach but he's the worst GM in the league. I would have gotten the Pats in the Super bowl the past ten years if they LISTENED TO ME!

break it all up...time for a new direction. We need to be like Chip Kelly and the Eagles...man, now THAT is modern football! We'll never get anywhere with Bill the moron GM screwing things up.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back