PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doesn't America remember the old OT rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I am noticing a lot of articles where the writers are all upset about the Wonder Boy not getting a chance to have the ball.

I find myself wondering if these are written by really young sports writers or something. OT has always been problematic in football primarily to their is a limit what a human being can go through for 4 plus hours, but I have to say, if you can't stop a team from marching down the filed, converting on three 3rd and longs, and getting a TD than it is what it is. Those are the rules. I think everyone always felt sudden death by a FG felt unfair.

I supposed you could just play a true 5th "quarter", maybe that would work, but it is not like everyone does not know the rules. No one would be complaining about the OT rules if it was Brady who did not get to touch the ball. Which inherently makes their point hypocritical.

There is also a pretty big advantage if you manage to stop them or hold them to 3. In the latter you go on all four downs no matter what on your turn, increasing your odds by 33%. And the former all you need is a FG.

When was the rule changed anyway? I can't remember.

They’d be saying plenty : but just none of it would be negative. « The Chosen One supplants the Devil » or something....
Agreed.

Both teams play under the same rules don't like it? Win in regulation Chiefs were the favorites and @ Home.

Yup, if the Chiefs won the toss and drove down to score the game winner, you wouldn't hear a peep about this.. Just like if ATL had done it in the Superbowl.

But because Brady and Pats did it, oh lord the whole system is broken and must be changed.

As tough as NFL fans like to act, there are no bigger babies in all of sports. Sad but true.

Brady is 3-0 in playoff OT and his opponents have never possessed the ball (Snow Bowl, SB51, and last night).

0xhLWvp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST