PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Matt Patricia Intentionally Try To Be a Slob?

It’s definitely not a good look, but this will be a non story in a few days. However, his seat will get really hot if they start off slow next year.

Every coach that plays that “tough guy” act to the media but is losing will get ripped to shreds. I gave Matt about 2 years before he gets fired.

It's pretty funny that you have this vision of yourself as a Rebel Iconoclast when you're basically the same as 90% of posters here.

Generally anyone who makes a thread to announce they've joined the board is telling us all to buckle the fuck up, cause it's gonna be an experience.

Though, other than the weird self-image that comes out, which you've captured, Coolade2 is a fine enough poster.

Yeah, Im losing some respect for him... It is one thing to "do your own thing", dressing casual etc

But when you judge others (he complained about a journalist being "unprofessional") while yourself don't set the example, it just comes out hypocritical and out-of-touch with reality

Will always love the Goddel Clown T-shirt though

And of course media members don't harbor any animus for him calling out one of them as unprofessional. There is no incentive for them to skew his press conference timeliness.

I also find it easily believable that no coach in this journalist's experience has ever regularly arrived late to a press conference.

I've always really liked Matt Patricia. But if he's routinely late for team meetings that he's calling, he'll lose his team quickly. It eventually won't matter what else he does well.

Does it not seem like he essentially just tries to be like Bill? He tries to dress poorly, he tries to be vague to the media, etc.

It feels like Bill does the things he does because it’s who he is, and Matt does it to try and be someone. He’s trying to be Bill Belichick and he ultimately isn’t.
BB is awful but gets away with it because he's a winner. Patricia would do himself a favor by establishing a winner's reputation before throwing his weight around.

Terrible leader/head coach but a good football mind. He’s done in a Detroit after next year.

You can’t just try and uproot everything you did in NE and bring it to another franchise. There has to be adjustments as there are many different variables.

Vrabel and O’Brien used what they learned in NE but adapted to their new environment.

Patricia seems like a by the book coach and is literally trying to replicate BB with another city and franchise. No bueno. Rumor’s are that he’s not a “follow my lead” kinda of person, more “do what I say”.

As an unproven head coach that won’t work.

BB is awful but gets away with it because he's a winner. Patricia would do himself a favor by establishing a winner's reputation before throwing his weight around.
At this point, he should refrain from throwing his weight around altogether or the world may get knocked off its axis.

At this point, he should refrain from throwing his weight around altogether or the world may get knocked off its axis.
He clearly does not take care of himself.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back