PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone here consider Asante Samuel to be a "Legend"?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you consider Asante Samuel to be a "Patriots Legend"?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No.

Votes: 64 84.2%
  • Who??

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And yet......Assante masterfully occupies considerable space in many PatsFans' frontal lobes.

OIP.rSrbUUJnkZIJg4gR8GVEmAHaFZ
OIP.TTuhzE05h9l5PbF6Z1fbHwHaHa
Be Great The Best GIF by SportsManias

I think you have that mixed up, its clearly Asante that has BB/Pats take up space in his mind... because he constantly brings them up to steal their publicity and have people pay attention to him

When he's not **** talking BB, no one is listening

If Stacey Mickels thinks A$ante is a NEP legend she has pretty low standards.

He was a very good player on 2 SB champions who due to his inability to execute (see do his job) on two critical plays led to the NEP losing SB 42.
Don't even understand why there is even a poll asking... he was a good player for a period of time.. he never was a complete player, but a good player and was a ball hawk.. he largely benefited from our front 7.. having ty Warren, Vince, Seymour, Jarvis green keep heat on QBs made assante's job alot easier.

It's becoming annoying listening to every chance he gets to down talk BB.. let it go dude you made plenty of money in the NFL..

Absolutely a “Legend” - for dropping a “catchable” interception near the end of SB XLIi. Haven’t so much as watched more than 20 seconds of a replay of that game since that night, so yeah I’d say he’s a legend in my house since I still haven’t forgotten him!!

Pariah, Pariah, Asante the Pariah...

I'm not really on Twitter anymore but every time I checked the comments to any post. Pats related or not. People bring up the drops. He can't get away from them lol.

I feel bad for someone like that. You should let all that **** go once you leave that space. It's absolutely real but so much of the NFL life is crazy. Hanging on to **** like that when your kid is a baller in the league is crazy petty.

T-Step king needs to let it go and move on. Far from a legend but he was a very good player / top 10 CB for a short while. SB Champ. Should be proud and not so loud bc he looks terrible considering the drops he had on that stage.

I never understood his Patriots hate, he was able to parlay those very good Pats teams to 3 superbowl appearances with 2 wins and a big contract from Philly.
There's few reasons he has beef with Bill and the Pats. First, he says Bill held him back during his time in NE, especially during his eventual breakout 2006 season. He cites the Bears game as an example as he said he was benched early in favor of Troy Brown, but Samuel was playing on their first drive. The second reason was that he wanted to bail on the Pats after the breakout 2006 season and was under the impression Bill was going to let him walk in FA as they didn't have a good relationship. But to Samuel's surprise, Bill slapped the Franchise Tag on him which really pissed him off. The last thing Samuel was mad about was the "crappy" hotel the Pats put the players' families in for SB42. I don't remember what the exact issues were, but his wife was calling him frantically while he was at practice, so he said he had to pay to put her up somewhere else. There was a player or two that confirmed this, but I can't remember who.

one cannot begin to fathom "batshyt insane"....Ashante is nuttier than 10 Christmas fruitcakes

There's few reasons he has beef with Bill and the Pats. First, he says Bill held him back during his time in NE, especially during his eventual breakout 2006 season. He cites the Bears game as an example as he said he was benched early in favor of Troy Brown, but Samuel was playing on their first drive. The second reason was that he wanted to bail on the Pats after the breakout 2006 season and was under the impression Bill was going to let him walk in FA as they didn't have a good relationship. But to Samuel's surprise, Bill slapped the Franchise Tag on him which really pissed him off. The last thing Samuel was mad about was the "crappy" hotel the Pats put the players' families in for SB42. I don't remember what the exact issues were, but his wife was calling him frantically while he was at practice, so he said he had to pay to put her up somewhere else. There was a player or two that confirmed this, but I can't remember who.
Never understood why the "franchise tag" was considered such a pain. Getting Franchised means you HAVE to get paid the average of the top 5 salaries at your position. Which means you are likely in the top 3 guys in the league. GUARANTEED. WHAT is to hate about that.

BTW- I never understood the players getting bent out of shape because their contracts are NOT guaranteed long term. It makes no sense to do so when fewer and fewer players actually play in all their games. I'd be OK with one year guaranteed deals. Players need to understand the sport they have chosen to play and to understand they get paid EXCEEDINGLY well and have excellent benefits for playing was still amounts to a 17 game season.

It never ceases to amaze me when players get franchised and act like they have had both limbs amputated. It should be considered a privilege and a sign of respect. Maybe that's a little hyperbolic, but its no too far from what I believe.

Absolutely a “Legend” - for dropping a “catchable” interception near the end of SB XLIi. Haven’t so much as watched more than 20 seconds of a replay of that game since that night, so yeah I’d say he’s a legend in my house since I still haven’t forgotten him!!
Well said!! He actually played well that entire season.. however.. great players are supposed to make great plays.. he didn't..that superbowl drop was terrible.. I believe that right there ultimately cost us the game..

I guess anyone who can make the NFL is a legend in a way....when it comes to degrees of being a legend, even JC Jackson was more of a legend for us than this guy was

I guess anyone who can make the NFL is a legend in a way....when it comes to degrees of being a legend, even JC Jackson was more of a legend for us than this guy was
JC was definitely a legend when it came to getting toasted by premiere WRs..

JC was definitely a legend when it came to getting toasted by premiere WRs..
This is simply false. Diggs was the only WR that gave him trouble. The rest he locked down. He went up against many #1's and Diggs was the only WR that went over 100 yards on him. The others had mostly pedestrian stats.

But I think his injury is going to ruin his career.

Never understood why the "franchise tag" was considered such a pain. Getting Franchised means you HAVE to get paid the average of the top 5 salaries at your position. Which means you are likely in the top 3 guys in the league. GUARANTEED. WHAT is to hate about that.

BTW- I never understood the players getting bent out of shape because their contracts are NOT guaranteed long term. It makes no sense to do so when fewer and fewer players actually play in all their games. I'd be OK with one year guaranteed deals. Players need to understand the sport they have chosen to play and to understand they get paid EXCEEDINGLY well and have excellent benefits for playing was still amounts to a 17 game season.

It never ceases to amaze me when players get franchised and act like they have had both limbs amputated. It should be considered a privilege and a sign of respect. Maybe that's a little hyperbolic, but its no too far from what I believe.
The things you learn on this forum! All these years I thought the Coach let him go for bring upset about that dropped interception and wouldn’t you know it was probably just a crappy hotel room that blew up the 19 - 0 season. Oh well, too bad - if Bill had given him his room like he did for Layer Milloy, maybe he would have made the interception and win THE game.. Somehow Shula was behind this…..

This is simply false. Diggs was the only WR that gave him trouble. The rest he locked down. He went up against many #1's and Diggs was the only WR that went over 100 yards on him. The others had mostly pedestrian stats.

But I think his injury is going to ruin his career.
No.. that is simply the truth. JC was never a lockdown CB he was a ballhawk.. I'm not trying to diminish his time here. He was a ball hawk like assante that is what he got paid off.. he never shut down any premier WRs.. to poke holes in your theory.. a True lock down WR shows up against elite WRs.. sauce erases guys.. Revis had his own island.
Gilly was like ty law.. physical and took WRs out mentally.. .. look at his time in LA.. before the injury he was routinely getting beat.. he was a great athlete here and made plays. He gets ultimate credit for that.. he got paid and I'm glad he did.. I always root for the undrafted guys.. however he just wasn't a lockdown CB.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back