PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want McGowan back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safety is the only position on the team (offense/defense) where there's not currently a question mark outside of who falls where on the depth chart. Why would people want to cut McGowan loose and change that, especially over a comment that may have been misunderstood or just made out of frustration?

Absolutely agree with not wanting to mess with a good quality of position, + I agree that sometimes people make too much of nothing with the supposed statement that was made.

I see no reason to get rid of a player who has shown good potential, is under contract for a good price, contributes on ST, and provides good depth.

He played a great 1st half, and a mediocre 2nd half (IMO), but I don't think that-- or a possible statement taken out of context, should send him out.

For all of the positions/players we could talk about, I really don't see McGowan being too high on the list right now.

:confused:

You're kidding with this, right? I mean, the rest of your post is a joke, I'm assuming, but the bolded part is just insane.

I guess you're really trying....either that or making yourself an example of your own signature

You don't call a player drafted in the second round a bust in his second year just because he didn't beat out an established veteran.

Well, people who understand the NFL don't. You just might.

where did I say dump chung?

I'm sorry.........you're not trying to act like an idiot.....you really are one

Perhaps if you hadn't jumped into a line of conversation that wasn't involving you without bothering to read the posts first, you wouldn't look as ridiculous as you do now. Here's the bolded part that you insulted me for posting about:

So Chung is the last ray of hope. If he can't beat our Sanders for a starting spot at some point next season, I'd label him a bust and look for another safety.

Shockingly, it's about calling Chung a bust and looking elsewhere if he doesn't win a starting spot in year 2, just as I'd noted it was in my response to you.

Last edited:
It's quality enough under the circumstances. Also, why the hell would you want to dump your second best safety when his contract's not an onerous one and you're in an uncapped year anyway? Every other position on the team has some level of turmoil or something unsettled, and you want to screw with the only solid area?

Are you trying for a 1-15 season or something?

Perhaps if you hadn't jumped into a line of conversation that wasn't involving you without bothering to read the posts first, you wouldn't look as ridiculous as you do now. Here's the bolded part that you insulted me for posting about:

Shockingly, it's about calling Chung a bust and looking elsewhere if he doesn't win a starting spot in year 2, just as I'd noted it was in my response to you.

you conveniently left out the remaining posts....perhaps if you weren't such an idiot......but that's asking for too much, I know

you conveniently left out the remaining posts....perhaps if you weren't such an idiot......but that's asking for too much, I know

I didn't leave out anything. You made 2 separate posts and I commented on 1 of them. This is basic message board stuff.

You don't call a player drafted in the second round a bust in his second year just because he didn't beat out an established veteran.

Well, people who understand the NFL don't. You just might.

I've noticed on more than 1 occasion that instead of using logic, facts, and reason to back up your arguments, you prefer to invalidate posters who disagree with you by using personal insults and attempting to prop yourself up as having sort of superior football intellect.

Unfortunately, your repeated chest-beating statements that you know so much about football are failing to convince me. You are entitled to your misinformed opinion about Sanders, the Patriots, football and perhaps even about your own intellectual capabilities.

I've noticed on more than 1 occasion that instead of using logic, facts, and reason to back up your arguments, you prefer to invalidate posters who disagree with you by using personal insults and attempting to prop yourself up as having sort of superior football intellect.

Unfortunately, your repeated chest-beating statements that you know so much about football are failing to convince me. You are entitled to your misinformed opinion about Sanders, the Patriots, football and perhaps even about your own intellectual capabilities.

Nothing I put in that post was a personal attack. People who understand the NFL say that you generally can't evaluate a draft, and players, for at least 3 years. Tanked may feel he can do so after 2, as you apparently seem to, judging from your earlier post. There's no personal attack there.

As for my opinion about Sanders, Belichick seems to share it, so I'm not sure how I'm 'misinformed' on that issue unless you think Belichick's an idiot and Sanders has been fooling him along with myself and many others (Rodney Harrison comes to mind), particularly since I've seen Sanders playing since he was a rookie and have plenty of games to look at for a source of information. You may disagree with my opinion, but my opinion is certainly not misinformed.

Last edited:
Re: Do you want McGowan back ?

I remember that block, and it was awesome. And McGowan's the last person that should be lecturing anyone else about hitting guys 'too hard'. Not going to read a ton into it, except to say that that was a pretty lame showing by McGowan and Butler, and hopefully just some isolated incident.

after reading this thread, I'm gonna hit the bottle hard...

I'm at the point where I really don't care if any of them come back ... let's trade the entire team for draft picks ... well ... at least 45 of them.

now THAT'S one cold hearted Icy Patriot

Nothing I put in that post was a personal attack. People who understand the NFL say that you generally can't evaluate a draft, and players, for at least 3 years. Tanked may feel he can do so after 2, as you apparently seem to, judging from your earlier post. There's no personal attack there.

As for my opinion about Sanders, Belichick seems to share it, so I'm not sure how I'm 'misinformed' on that issue unless you think Belichick's an idiot and Sanders has been fooling him along with myself and many others (Rodney Harrison comes to mind), particularly since I've seen Sanders playing since he was a rookie and have plenty of games to look at for a source of information. You may disagree with my opinion, but my opinion is certainly not misinformed.

you don't have an opinion.......belichick does not share your opinion, you share his.......

as for my opinion of who and when, every situation is different......there have been enough 2nd round picks who made it obvious they don't belong after one year.......chung is not one of them

you misinform yourself every time you read something

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe