PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Think The Browns Can Win The AFC North In 2019?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
First off this is much easier said than done. With the Browns, seeing is believing.

I’m looking at the rest of the AFC North though. I see Pittsburgh’s soap opera continuing, I think Jackson will be exposed this year, and the Bengals are still the Bengals.

The Browns are suddenly a very talented team with great young players scattered throughout their roster. I think they can do it.

I think they will fall off again.

Sure. Pittsburgh is still the hurdle, with a proven QB, but the Brown/Bell/overall diva attitude of that franchise seems to be eating up a lot of energy there.

Baltimore is the best-coached team in the division, so they'll always hang around, but I'm nowhere near sold on Lamar Jackson.

Cincy is...Cincy.

So why not?

Bengals suck & need a rebuild (AJ Green where you at)

Ravens have a low upside offense that lacks receivers & an accurate QB.

I’m skeptical how good the Steelers offense will be without Brown.

Browns can definitely compete for the division.

I am on the record as saying I don't like Mayfield and his antics, but the dude can legit play.

Sure. Pittsburgh is still the hurdle, with a proven QB, but the Brown/Bell/overall diva attitude of that franchise seems to be eating up a lot of energy there.

Baltimore is the best-coached team in the division, so they'll always hang around, but I'm nowhere near sold on Lamar Jackson.

Cincy is...Cincy.

So why not?

For these reasons, I say yes. Pencil me in, but their schedule is brutal.

Home:
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Dolphins
Bills
Seahawks
Rams
Titans

Away:
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Jets
Patriots
Cardinals
49ers
Broncos

9-7 would be successful, and might be enough in that division. 10-6 would be a winnah!

I think they are another year away from winning the North but I wouldn't be surprised to see them be in contention.

Arguably, if they had fired their coach earlier and/or installed Mayfield as the starter in training camp, they would have won the division this past year

They can, for sure, given the dysfunction in PITT & CIN as well as BALT's lack of O.

I've been saying they could since they drafted Mayfield. They were a playoff team this year if not for Hue.

I am on the record as saying I don't like Mayfield and his antics, but the dude can legit play.

For these reasons, I say yes. Pencil me in, but their schedule is brutal.

Home:
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Dolphins
Bills
Seahawks
Rams
Titans

Away:
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Jets
Patriots
Cardinals
49ers
Broncos

9-7 would be successful, and might be enough in that division. 10-6 would be a winnah!
I don’t think that’s super brutal.

First off I don’t see why they can’t go 4-2 in the division by sweeping Cincy, and splitting with the other two.

I don’t think that’s super brutal.

First off I don’t see why they can’t go 4-2 in the division by sweeping Cincy, and splitting with the other two.

Home:
Ravens L
Bengals W
Steelers W
Dolphins W
Bills W
Seahawks L
Rams L
Titans L

Away:
Ravens L
Bengals W
Steelers L
Jets W
Patriots L
Cardinals W
49ers W
Broncos W

The Browns can do it if Pitt doesn’t have A. Brown and J. Brown walks through the Browns brown door!

It's there to be had ... if their coaches don't screw it up.

Initially, I’d have said « yes », but too often, these teams show a little and revert to LoserVille.

New coach, awful ownership, film on sophomore QB... I know both the Ravens and Steelers have their share of issues, but I still view them as « tough teams ». And with two of those in the same division, it’ll not be easy to be 1st.

I think the AFCN is the most interesting 2019 division.

Home:
Ravens L
Bengals W
Steelers W
Dolphins W
Bills W
Seahawks L
Rams L
Titans L

Away:
Ravens L
Bengals W
Steelers L
Jets W
Patriots L
Cardinals W
49ers W
Broncos W
Give them a win vs. Baltimore at home and I can pretty much agree with this.

I think they will because of Baker.

Sometimes QBs come into the league and they won't let you lose. He showed me enough to make me think he's that guy.

nah. that doesn't happen.

It’s possible, but the Steelers have ate their lunch for years now. So once they prove they can beat (not tie) them I’ll take notice

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back