PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Moss love NE so much...he will most certinaly come back??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh . . . because he's an athlete.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Are all athletes liars? I'm going to trust his words over your dumbass judgements and prognostications. Now I'm not saying don't pay the man but he is not going to run off if we don't give him a 10 million/yr salary.

When Randy Moss started this year, he had a very respectable TD total -- 101. Good enough to have broken in to the top 10 in receiving TDs and the top 20 in total TDs.

Looking at his last 3 years, he was averaging about 8 per year. 140 to 150 career TDs was an aspiration -- that is, so long as he got out of that situation in Oakland he was probably looking at a very respectable hall of fame career.

Do you realize that, practically overnight, everything has changed. He actually has a legitimate chance to become the second leading receiver in TDs of all time THIS YEAR. He's 13 away from catching Chris Carter. Can you imagine if he were to do that this year? He would have leapfrogged some of the greatest ever to play the game in a single year.

The chance to play with Tom Brady in Brady's prime actually puts the previously unthinkable in range. Randy Moss could conceivably catch Jerry Rice if he stays at a high level for the next 5 years. It's still a long way in the distance and certainly not assured by any means, but possible if he stays with Brady. Virtually unthinkable anywhere else. He could theoretically even catch Emmit Smith for second on the all time TD list.

He's also, this year, made a big jump in total receiving yards -- he's 17th and rising fast. He's going to start passing a guy a week at this rate and should easily break into the top 10 some time next year.

I don't know how much this stuff matters to him. My guess is that right now it doesn't mean as much as a championship would. But once he sits down and looks at the numbers, it would not make any sense for him to go anywhere else.

With Tom Brady and BB, and if he stays healthy, Randy Moss should be able to make a compelling case in just a few years for being the second greatest receiver to play the game, with a not laughable chance to put himself in the debate for greatest of all time before all is said and done. This was, simply, unthinkable 10 weeks ago. How is he going to turn that down?

Last edited:
Moss is only 30. He doesn't turn 31 until sometime around the SuperBowl.

The Pats could go pretty long on a contract with him. Five years, six years....

The only other team where he could post the numbers would be Indy. But, Moss obviously gets along with Brady versus Manning who is probably a prick as a teammate.

No offense...but could you supply some documentation that you are really in Iraq in service of the USA? This being the internet and all where people are known to actually misrepresent themselves.

I disagree with almost everything the guy has to say, but asking that is just out of line, I think. What right do you or anyone have to ask that, and what does it have to do with anything? Should we all confirm where we all are?

LOL . . . good agent I guess. Maybe Brady needs to hire another one since he is about 10th on the QB pay scale. Even Romo's contract is better than Tom's.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92536&page=5
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101224
http://www.patscap.com/brady.gif

Please tell me why you think that Romo's contract is better than Tom's.

Tom got more money in the 1st two years
1st 3 years
1st 4 years
1st 5 years

while being less than two years away from being an UFA while Romo was less
than 6 months.

All I know is I never ever want to see a patriot on the Victims list of http://www.yougotmossed.com. That would be gut wrenching knowing he used to be our hired assassin.

Pats will make him a fair offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back