PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Both Moss and Donte will come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I don't think we will be able to sign both of these guys and Asante........Hope they can find a way to do it.......I still like Donte alot and wish they could have found some way to get the guy more involved in the O......It all comes down to the OC of course......hopefully we either get a new one for next season or ole Joshie does his homework this offseason....

Stallworth's playing time, unfortunately, has dropped off a lot. I don't see any way they both come back. Moss, Welker and then we'll see. Hopefully Gaffney re-signs.

I would not be entirely surprised if Moss does not come back. I think he will be back.

But I wouldn't be shocked.

You guys got alot of guys to re-sign this offseason can't remember them all there is a link on miguels salary cap page as to who the UFA's are.

I know I'm probably in the minority, I'm not sure I want moss back at a long term contract. I just saw and heard some minor things towards the end of the year that threw up some warning flags for me.
That said he had an awesome and memorable year with the Pats.

I doubt there's a chance they both come back. We just saw that WR is not worth investing all that money into. Maybe for one of them, not for both. Use the cap space to replace Asante and some youthful depth at LB.

We don't need Stallworth if we re-sign Moss. We would have Moss and Welker and Gaffney and maybe Chad Jackson will come through. What we do need is some youth and athleticism at linebacker. I love Tedy and I love Junior but their time is past. Oh, and we are going to need at least one corner and maybe two - Hobbs cannot cover the bigger receivers.

I personally think welker did a superb job for you guys and moss is ok but he is probably gonna want big money to stay. His comments about if im a patriot or not the show must go on should be a fair warning. I imagine the pats will actually keep stallworth and let moss go get a big payday somewhere else. The pats have to many UFA's that are some good ones to haggle with moss's im the best reciever and deserve x amount or else. I bet welker is gonna be even better next year plus won't morris be back. You guys would do good with or without moss i think but he will hurt your cap space plus him not getting a ring this year probably makes him take the big pay day.

I personally think welker did a superb job for you guys and moss is ok but he is probably gonna want big money to stay. His comments about if im a patriot or not the show must go on should be a fair warning. I imagine the pats will actually keep stallworth and let moss go get a big payday somewhere else. The pats have to many UFA's that are some good ones to haggle with moss's im the best reciever and deserve x amount or else. I bet welker is gonna be even better next year plus won't morris be back. You guys would do good with or without moss i think but he will hurt your cap space plus him not getting a ring this year probably makes him take the big pay day.

Yeah, but many comments like posts on the messageboard are misconstrued. Often times players have to be careful because they can't just give the home team all of the cards or even take it for granted that they're wanted back. I heard him on the radio say that he loved the Pats, BB, and Krafts. HE said that he owes Mr Kraft for trusting him and that he wont try to break Kraft's bank but if others want him he will try to break their bank. But when push comes to shove who knows to what limits he's talking about.

What about keeping Moss via the Franchise Tag and then working on our targeted free agents? That seems like the most painless way to take care of the situation.

Moss ..... yes
Stallworth ..... no

if we pay our #4 WR an $8m bonus this offseason I'll eat my shoe.

seriously Gaffney was getting more snaps than Stallworth down the stretch

anybody who thinks we could get anything for stallworth in a trade is insane. teams know that he's going to be cut and then they can get him for free.

there is no way we are going to take a gigantic cap hit for a #4 WR and then HOPE to trade him for a 3rd round pick. thats crazy.

anybody who thinks we could get anything for stallworth in a trade is insane. teams know that he's going to be cut and then they can get him for free.

there is no way we are going to take a gigantic cap hit for a #4 WR and then HOPE to trade him for a 3rd round pick. thats crazy.

Well, yeah...

It is almost for sure the Pats are going to let Donte walk...Keep Moss to get Chad up to speed...Everybody forgot about Chad...He is going to be playing alot more...A year to get healthy and nose to the playbook...And yes being understudy of one of the best...

I forced myself to watch the SB and man they rolled coverage to moss and let jabbar in single coverage......except when donte was in. I will never understand why they kept putting jabbar and let the safety up letting the LB to blitz.

very weird.

Looking at Miguels Cap page...

Kyle Eckle is due to make $5,602,500, with 0 penalty to cut him. What were they thinking of giving him a $5,602,500 roster bonus...

I almost think, this was put in place to "disguise" the amount of cap space we really will have.

As it stands right now, we have 5+ million free cap space... plus $5,602,500, were looking at 10.5 million in cap space.

Once Colvin restructres, and perhaps Brady with his 14 million cap figure this year...

We could be looking at ALOT of space to work with this year. I think you can get Asante, and Moss, plus add some FAs with 10+ million. Asante is young enough to give gaurunteed money too, and Moss isn't going anywhere as far as productivity... EVEN if he slows down, he would then become an Average speed, amazing possession reciever.

Oh, and also Stalworth is due a $3,600,000 roster bonus... he wont see that either. We could see QUITE a bit of space to make this team even better.

Last edited:
Matter of fact, Donte is signed through 2012 for a total of 6,573,386... That's a pretty amazing deal if you ask me...

I would like to see him restructure and stick around. I think Brady needs to look at him a little more, and hopefully with another full off season, he will get that confort with all the WRs... I don't think he looked at his other recievers as much as he should have.

We don't need Stallworth if we re-sign Moss. We would have Moss and Welker and Gaffney and maybe Chad Jackson will come through. What we do need is some youth and athleticism at linebacker. I love Tedy and I love Junior but their time is past. Oh, and we are going to need at least one corner and maybe two - Hobbs cannot cover the bigger receivers.

If Kelly Washington plays half as well at WR as he did on Special Teams, he could be a key contributor to the offense next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes