2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should we be humble

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. Humility is always a good thing.

But saying that you have a hard time seeing how Cleveland beats NE when you base your opinion on real data is not a lack of humility.

Looking at the rest of the season and thinking, "I know that NE has gotten taken by surprise at least once a year, but this team seems like it might be good enough to avoid that. If they can get by Dallas, Indy and Pitt....... Frankly, I would take NE over any one of them right now" is not a lack of humility.

Thinking that we are better fans because the team we happen to follow is playing well? Refusing to admit that NE as a team has faults that a very good team might be able to exploit? Attacking fans of opposing teams just because NE is on a good run? Time to be humbled.

I think we need to be less humble. I'm tired of the crap. Cheating. Poor schedule. Blah blah blah.

We just had the best opening four game IN NFL HISTORY. Why we should have to be defensive or humble about that, I don't know.

...In real life, though, being an arrogant arse is a great way to make friends. Maybe this affects me more than most on this board since I don't live in Pats country, but going around chanting "19-0, byotches!" is going to be the thing to do from now on....

Regards,
Chris

Fixed it for ya!;)

Do we, as fans, need to be more humble

OK, I'll add that to my short list of self improvements.

#97 try to be more humble.

I think everyone here needs to be more humble, except me because I am so terrific, outstanding, wonderful, fantastic, intelligent, handsome, kind and eloquent. :D

OK, let's try that again without the sarcasm filter - I think we all could stand to be more humble, Pats fans or not. Pride cometh before a fall - is that from the Bible?

Hell no. I was a respectful fan before the witch hunt. Now I say "screw them all."

I don't care what anyone else thinks of me or my team. If they are going to hate BB and NE because he won't open up to the media, he broke a rule, and because they're simply petty and/or jealous then I don't need their approval.

I'm the MOST humble person who ever lived. NOBODY comes close. NOBODY.

I don the sack cloth and ashes and flog myself regularly.
As a recovering Red Sox fan,I know I don't deserve this team and expect to be punished.

Don't we all, after having witnessed so many debacles with this franchise during the "growth years", keep waiting for the balloon to pop, tis along with being conditioned by so many RS failures during our life... sometimes I pinch myself to see if this is real or just a dream..

Hell no. I was a respectful fan before the witch hunt. Now I say "screw them all."

I don't care what anyone else thinks of me or my team. If they are going to hate BB and NE because he won't open up to the media, he broke a rule, and because they're simply petty and/or jealous then I don't need their approval.

I totally agree. Everybody for years thought the Pats were a joke and now when the Pats are the powerhouse of the NFL it’s no longer funny to the rest of the league and are full of envy. I think what bothers the NFL owners is that the Pats aren’t too favorable with consumers outside of New England, which has to drive them nuts. I bet behind closed doors (excluding Mr. Kraft) the powers of the NFL can’t wait for our downfall. So the hell with them! Lets shove our pride right into their and the rest of the teams faces.

I totally agree. Everybody for years thought the Pats were a joke and now when the Pats are the powerhouse of the NFL it’s no longer funny to the rest of the league and are full of envy. I think what bothers the NFL owners is that the Pats aren’t too favorable with consumers outside of New England, which has to drive them nuts. I bet behind closed doors (excluding Mr. Kraft) the powers of the NFL can’t wait for our downfall. So the hell with them! Lets shove our pride right into their and the rest of the teams faces.

The hatred is media driven because BB wont play their silly games.

Why do you think the incident has gone on for as long and as mean spirited as it has??

BB & SP are way ahead of all the rest and other than a very small circle of close friends - they are really despised I guess. That comes with the territory. Do you think anyone likes Lombardi, or Brown or Landry ?? I know for a fact how much the NBA hated the Celtics & Red while they were on their tear.

All of that said, the fans around the country will see through all of that and fall in love with this well oiled, genuine humble machine!!

Are we getting carried away with ourselves? Are we getting ahead of ourselves? How do we appear to non-Patriots fans who read out board?

Should we try to be more humble as fans? Or, have we earned the right to be boastful because of the way our team has beeen treated by the media, non-Patriots fans, and the NFL community?

These are all questions to ponder as we move forward. Perhaps a poll would be a guide to how we are viewing ourselves at this time.

I don't now how you can lump all fans into one group like that. I'm a very, very, humble man. VERY humble. I'm also quite handsome, brilliantly smart, and just overall better than everybody else. So, let's not label. Thank you.

I like this team an awful lot. I like our chances against any given opponent. And right now, I like our chances to go 19-0; as in, I think they're small, not non-existent -- which is huge.)

All that said, if you don't want to eventually look like a dork, it's best to temper arrogance with some sliver of "any given sunday" humility. You're never as good as you look, or as bad as you look. Except maybe the Bills, who are worse than their record even at 1-3.

Okay, we're winning by 25 per game. That won't continue. Most likely somebody will smack out down from out of the blue -- or, we could lose to one of the contenders, the Colts, Cowboys, or Steelers.

Or, just maybe, we could go undefeated, but that would be the fluke, not the loss or losses one should expect.

All that said, enjoy the arrogance! History tells us that you only have to eat crow for one week at a time even when it does all go to hell... but realize we're not all we look to be right NOW.

PFnV

Don't we all, after having witnessed so many debacles with this franchise during the "growth years", keep waiting for the balloon to pop, tis along with being conditioned by so many RS failures during our life... sometimes I pinch myself to see if this is real or just a dream..

Didn't even think of that. I'm sure I just assumed BB was going to announce his new job as Coach of the Colorado Buffaloes or HC of the NYJ sometime between the Oakland and Rams games in 2001.:D

I'll be arrogant if the Pats win the Superbowl. Before then is not advisable. Today, the VERY hot favourites in Rugby (New Zealand) were beaten by France, who were thought to have a 20% chance of winning. They tackled their arses off, took their chances (with a little luck) and won. It's one of the biggest sporting shocks I have seen in a long, long time.
England also beat Australia, who were expected to win by 20-30 points. It can happen to the Pats as well.

I don't now how you can lump all fans into one group like that. I'm a very, very, humble man. VERY humble. I'm also quite handsome, brilliantly smart, and just overall better than everybody else. So, let's not label. Thank you.

You too?

Wow, this pole is tied between the "Hell No's!" and the "Dumbest thread/poll".

To the 17 fans that voted "we should be as humble as our team"...You're a bunch of idiots! We're fans, not players. We're on OUR board, not hosting fans around the country! And we're not in any popularity contests.

So I challenge any of you to state your case as to why Patriots fans on their own message board should ACT humble....HUMBLE? "If I was half the man I was 20 years ago, I'd take a FLAME-THROWER to this place!"...Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman:D

Seriously, my guess is that 15 of the 17 people who voted we should be more humble are opposing fan visitors...ya buncha snakes!;)

Last edited:
We gotta at least be kkoky & arrogant with JETS fans:eek: To the point of being sickening I'd suggest. They need to be kicked & beaten while they're down...besides, it feels good.

Last edited:
To the 17 fans that voted "we should be as humble as our team"...You're a bunch of idiots! We're fans, not players. We're on OUR board, not hosting fans around the country! And we're not in any popularity contests.

So I challenge any of you to state your case as to why Patriots fans on their own message board should ACT humble....HUMBLE? "If I was half the man I was 20 years ago, I'd take a FLAME-THROWER to this place!"...Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman:D

Seriously, my guess is that 15 of the 17 people who voted we should be more humble are opposing fan visitors...ya buncha snakes!;)

If you're talking about being arrogant about achievements, then I am with you. If you're talking about being arrogant about what this team COULD or MAY do, then I disagree. Again, I come back to last night's France-New Zealand Rugby world cup game. That shouldn't have been close and, well....
If the Pats win the SB, then I'll rub everyone else's nose in it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand