PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Divisional round GDT: Bucs @ Saints

Godell wants Saints in SB
They turned the ball over on downs before their rapist backup QB threw that "TD". Watching them all rally around him was sickening. Trash organization.

Saints going for it

A couple of things.

- I think Arians and Leftwich are average to above average coaches. I think we have been spoiled here to not realize what bad coaching looks like. Arians will never be confused with Belichick, but he isn't Adam Gase either.
- I am also not sure they called a deep pass on 3rd and one. Did Brady check off his receiver because he thought he could make the big play with one on one coverage or was his first and second read not get open. People always blame the play calling on plays like this and many times it is execution issues.
- Brady's pass was horrible either way.

Hopefully the O puts up a good drive ....

i always believed the big difference between manning and brady was that brady was used well by his coaches and he relied on them a lot for gameplans. Manning on the other hand was all on his own. If brady has to do this now without coaches telling him to just throw a short pass or rush for a 1st down, its going to be harder for the bucs. Right now payton +brees is like Bill + brady. lets see long way to go. This saints offense isnt very good.
The ONLY comparison is that they have been together for a long time. Brady is much more clutch than Brees and Peyton is nowhere near Bill's league as a coach.

TD drive would be great before the half.

New Orleans playing uninspired football considering this is Brees' last home game...

Drew Brees announced he's retiring end of this year. We'll see if the NFL rigs it for Brees.

Drew Brees can't throw the ball more than 3 yards. This is painful to watch him throw.

A couple of things.

- I think Arians and Leftwich are average to above average coaches. I think we have been spoiled here to not realize what bad coaching looks like. Arians will never be confused with Belichick, but he isn't Adam Gase either.
- I am also not sure they called a deep pass on 3rd and one. Did Brady check off his receiver because he thought he could make the big play with one on one coverage or was his first and second read not get open. People always blame the play calling on plays like this and many times it is execution issues.
- Brady's pass was horrible either way.
They need to move the ball consistently and today they killed themselves taking unecessary shot

Jenkins is playing like a man possessed.

Why snap that before the 2 minute warning?

Can’t blame tom for forcing it to Gronk instead of dumping it to stonehands earlier.

Green Bay is probably laughing at both of these teams...

Brady will be recruiting James White for next year.

Tampa need some points before the half here.

Brady didn’t call that play...Arians and leftwich control everything

I am sure Brady is allowed to audible and decide to throw to a different receiver if he sees a match up he likes or doesn't like. I seriously doubt that Arians and Leftwich give him no options other than run the play they call exactly the way they called it. That doesn't mean the play wasn't designed to go deep, but I could see it supposed to be a short passing route and Brady saw the one on one match up and thought he could exploit it.

Brady didn’t call that play...Arians and leftwich control everything

Multiple reciecers went out for a route. Brady decided to throw deep. Yeah Arians decided that :rofl:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back