PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Divisional round GDT: Browns @ Chiefs

Brownies missed their opportunity. Had the momentum and couldn’t come up with the drive. I knew it was over at that moment.
Yep, they made the int then struggled to a first down and screwed it on the next set. Awful attempt after they took so much off the clock the drive before as well.

should’ve gone for it on 4th n 9 in hindsight. Would’ve sealed the game earlier but even with a backup qb, they only had 1 timeout to stop them anyway. Most qbs can find a way to 1 or 2 first downs, especially with a good coach.

Cleveland won't get a better chance at making the SB for many years.

Much quieter than normal HFA... Opposition starting QB out for nearly half the game and you still can't get it done. Just don't reach for goal line, or stop an old, slow QB running 14 yards... or maybe even just stay alert on the final play of the game? It's in their DNA.

In favour of rodgers? No thanks.

Bills can take it all this year, bring the crown back to the AFC east so it doesn’t have far to come home next year.

Yeah, I don't dislike rodgers as much as most pats fans. People thinking he's great or the GOAT doesn't bother me. I hope Brady wins over every other team though.

Expected nothing less from this guy.

Hey does this mean Mahomes is a system QB? :D What if the Henne Chiefs beat the Bills next week? :eek:

Last edited:
My thoughts on this game and my predictions on it. This game clearly didn't go as I expected in a lot of ways. I did mention the health of KC this year as far as their best players in one of my post. I certainly didn't predict an injury, but it was in the back of my mind that they are due. Mahomes plays a risky style. I found an interesting stat about Mahomes.

He has more first down runs than any other QB i think both this year and coming into the league on 3rd downs. I'm probably wrong about the exact wording. The point is that he runs a lot on 3rd downs. While it's good he doesn't do it so much on other downs, this is a problem for him long term. He doesn't run QB sneaks where he shoots a gap and gets down. It runs to the edge or in the middle of the field a lot of the time. Today that caught up to him. It is something he needs to be a little more selective about IMO going forward. If not, we will see more of this. This is twice in 2 years he has been injured now. While I expect him to play next week. If he keeps playing like this he will continue to get dinged up badly every year. Moving on!

The Browns had a good chance to win this game. Penalties were killers and that touchback really hurt. I don't hate the rule like some. I actually like the rule, as it is nearly impossible for a defender to defend someone close to the endzone who has the ball. You need to both stop their momentum and control their hands. Also i hate the fact that as long as the football counts as forward progress and your spot, while you can also catch a ball while outside of bounds if your feet are in. It seems too much like having your cake and eating it too. The spot of the ball matters for the offense when it is convenient and doesn't when it isn't. While the helmet hit is an unfortunate missed call, coaches should also do a better job of hammering into their players not to be heros in that kind of situation.

In any case that was a big swing of 10 points. Maybe KC would have gotten a FG after anyway, but it will would have kept the Browns more in the game and it was a pity it happened. One other issue I have with the Browns is a lack of urgency. This is bad coaching. You get the ball with 8 minutes left down 4. In 4 minutes you move the ball 20 yards and punt. At this point they knew Mahomes wasn't coming back. They should have tried to maximize their possessions when they had the advantage. Extending the game when you're down in the 4th is always a good idea.

That to me is on the coaching staff and unforgivable incompetence. A total lack of the Moment. The Browns brown'd No coach of the year for you! People will Blame Mahomes being out for making the game closer than it should have been. I disagree. It should have been this close, and it showed again some issues KC had. They were red hot early but got cold in the in 3rd and let the Browns back in. This defense is very vulnerable in a lot of ways and might be the worst D left, though not by much. Not that it is crap, but I don't believe in it holding a lead.

Again today KC plays with fire, and things almost turned around on them, but a few big moments and bounces of the ball went their way and they were able to hold on. I think it might catch up with them next week against a better opponent.

As for the Browns, about what you would expect. I think this loss might be good for them in the long run, but hte coaching staff needs to take a hard look at where the lack. I know it's tempting to run with Chubb when he gets about 5 YPC, but if they want to win, they need to be okay putting the game in Baker's hands and letting him learn to swim, even if he'll sink more often for now.

KC beats Buffalo w Henne.
Very true. KC is a much better team than Bills with or without Mahomes. I also do not see the packers beating KC because their secondary is poor.. I actually think the Buccaneers are the only team left who could stop the chiefs from winning their second in a row

If Rashard ****ing Higgins never happens (and Why THE **** were they in such a ****ing hurry to score at the end of the half anyway?!?), then KC has to score points at the end of the game and not just kill the clock. That ONE play changed EVERYTHING.

If Rashard ****ing Higgins never happens (and Why THE **** were they in such a ****ing hurry to score at the end of the half anyway?!?), then KC has to score points at the end of the game and not just kill the clock. That ONE play changed EVERYTHING.
That was one of the worst missed calls I've seen in a really long time. And it was blatant. Stuff like that makes fans think the league has favorite teams.

Get your act together NFL.

That was one of the worst missed calls I've seen in a really long time. And it was blatant. Stuff like that makes fans think the league has favorite teams.

Get your act together NFL.
What missed call?

What missed call?
The Higgins play was a helmet to helmet shot. I could hear the impact when it happened.

An obvious helmet to helmet shot causes a fumble and a 10 point swing in a game decided by 5 points. Not flagged by the refs and not reviewable.

Absolute horsesht no-call and I don’t want to hear any noise anymore about the refs favoring the Patriots.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back