• Chiefs

Votes: 91 61.9%
  • Colts

Votes: 56 38.1%

• Total voters

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The fate us hosting an AFC Championship game now (and in my and many other's minds, going to a Super Bowl) rely on the Colts pulling an upset in Kansas City.

Colts open as a 5 point underdog in Vegas, which isn't too shabby.

Positives
-Andrew Luck is a better QB than Jackson/Rivers
-Colts are the 5th ranked (27.1 PPG) offense in the NFL, third in AFC after Chiefs/Pats
-The Colts have "it" right now. Swag/confidence/momentum, whatever you'd like to call it
-Colts have the 10th ranked defense (PPG) in the league, Chiefs have the 24th
-Colts are on a 5 game winning streak (10-1 in last 11) and hottest team in NFL
-Chiefs are 1-2 in their last 3 games
-The Chiefs have not won a home playoff game since 1993 (0-6, 0-2 with Reid)

Negatives
-The Colts have only beat one playoff team on the road this year, the Texans (Twice)

Very happy this is the first game next week (Saturday, 4:35pm), as I want to know what the potential road for the Pats is ASAP.

Last edited:
Desperately need home field advantage or this 2013 all over again

Just replace "Peyton is TRASH this year, we can beat them in Denver" with "The Chiefs defense is TRASH this year, we can beat them in KC" and once again give Brady his most limited set of weapons since 2013 and there you have it

I'm going on a limb and saying Colts. The Chiefs have absolutely no defense they are a siv.
Mahomes is a game changer but he's come up short against elite teams this year, and the Chiefs defense got beat by our less than stellar receiving corps.

Plus the Colts seem to be the Chiefs boogeyman.

Well facing Watson should be great preparation for Mahomes next week for the Colts defense! Not saying Watson is Mahomes or anything. Their styles are pretty similar to each other! As for Luck I'm not too worried about him vs the KC defense! He has all of the arsenal to light that Chiefs secondary up like a Christmas tree! Should be a great shootout!

Colts. Chiefs lay an egg to close out an overhyped season. Reich puts out a game plan that controls the clock and Chiefs only score 16 points.

Never underestimate the Chiefs ability to lose at home in January
If that team had anything close to a respectable defense I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about their chances.

If they hold luck, Mack and TY under 40 it'll be a good day

Last edited:
NFL playoffs are fashioned to favor the top two seeds -- don't dismiss the week rest and not traveling, they are significant advantages. Cheeves have the upper hand.

Am I wrong to root for the Chiefs even if I think it could potentially be a bigger obstacle for the Patriots? Colts are still scum suckers, all the way from Saint Dungy and Polian to present under Irsay. This entire team is built from a crap load of draft picks from multiple pathetic/tanking seasons and lucky draft positions.

That said I think the Colts win that game. I’ll just be rooting for the Chiefs.

The Colts will move the ball and score on this Chiefs defense, it's all on Mahomes.
Hopefully, CB Desir (or anybody else) will secure those INTs that Mahomes will throw.

The reason we beat a lot of these afc teams is because bill can scheme against them since he is familiar with them. We’re familiar with the ravens offense under flacco but not with Jackson. We haven’t seen rivers in a while with the weapons he has now. It’s going to be a tough game.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back