PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division Round Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Divisonal round breakdown: Ravens at Broncos

Holy ****, James Jones.

jawdrop.gif

That's the Peyton we know and love. Pats take care of business tomorrow and we get the ravens at the Razor. I like our chances at home when we only lost by 1 point to them in Baltimore with the rent a ref's

It's a lose-lose. Whatever team wins, you suddenly realize you don't want to face them. Obviously, you'd rather play the team that lost...they look nice and vulnerable.

That's why I root in a vacuum. I just wanted the Manning hype to end.

did the Broncos lay an egg though or were they overrated due to their poor schedule? they lost to pretty much every contendor they faced.

anyways, this loss means nothing if the Patriots dont take care of business tomorrow.

It's a lose-lose. Whatever team wins, you suddenly realize you don't want to face them. Obviously, you'd rather play the team that lost...they look nice and vulnerable.

A chance:

to get payback for the regular season
to have home field advantage
to send Ray Lewis off into the sunset
to watch Manning add an 8th one-and-done to his playoff resume

I have no qualms at all about the Patriots facing the Ravens. Given how the first round went, this is a great outcome.

did the Broncos lay an egg though or were they overrated due to their poor schedule?...

We had a thread on that. It seems to have been moved.

Say what you want about Flacco but I think he is clutch that pass to Pitta in his own endzone really helped the Ravens field position wise and the following possession Peyton does what Peyton does and throws a
stupid INT

A chance:

I have no qualms at all about the Patriots facing the Ravens. Given how the first round went, this is a great outcome.

No kidding, Ravens at home vs Broncos on the road? Not even a question. Ravens come in bloodied and spent. Or hell even if Pats lose tomorrow Ravens go to reliant bloody and spent. What just happened was best case scenario for whoever wins tomorrow.

Payton looked cold and miserable out there in the 3rd quarter. Flacco looked numb.

Ely looks so much more unflustered in those situations. In the end that might mark their legacies...Peyton big numbers but lays big eggs when it counts...Ely unflustered...get him to a championship game and watch out.

The only guy that looked like he was in his element at the end of Broncs/Ravens was RayRay.

We still haven't beaten Houston yet....

i know. its pathetic.

Relax people. We fans are hypothetically looking past the Texans. We all realize tomorrow's game will likely not be a cakewalk. I expect a dogfight. The ONLY thing we fans set ourselves up for when we lick our chops over the Ravens is MAJOR disappointment. Whoever wins tomorrow has a home game against a very vulnerable team.

Last edited:

Did the Ravens have a good drive without a deep bomb? I've got to agree with those saying the offensive playcalling is rough, hopefully the big win masks that going into next week.

If we win tomorrow it will be a tough game next week I don't like how Brady's looked against Bmore for the most part or our inability to deal with Torrey Smith. And then you gotta wonder who Pollard will injure.

Last edited:

So I think we should unban that mouthy Broncos fan that was trolling the board last week looking completely past the Ravens. What was his name again? I'm sure he would have some interesting things to say.

Say what you want about Flacco but I think he is clutch that pass to Pitta in his own endzone really helped the Ravens field position wise and the following possession Peyton does what Peyton does and throws a
stupid INT

If Peyton had ANY clutch in him there would be no discussion about the "clutchness" of Flacco.

Boldin and Smith were clutch.

If New England can get past Houston I like their chances against Baltimore, though.

Not only does Caldwell appear to be about as imaginative in playcalling as he is in choice of expression but it's clear where Baltimore's defense is weak. Yes, number 52 is old and slow. BB will attack him without mercy.

It's sad that people on here think that members looking past Houston will have any effect on the game tomorrow.

A chance:

Oh man, that would be awesome. Gotta take care of business tomorrow

Boldin and Smith were clutch.

If New England can get past Houston I like their chances against Baltimore, though.

Not only does Caldwell appear to be about as imaginative in playcalling as he is in choice of expression but it's clear where Baltimore's defense is weak. Yes, number 52 is old and slow. BB will attack him without mercy.

Playing against whomever comes out on top in the NFC, though, will be no picnic!

Last edited:

Actually I had no reservation for the pats to play against Denver, if they were to beat Houston, I would have preferred to avoid Baltimore.

I don't even think fans ARE looking past the Texans. Just about every post has started with or had embedded something about IF we get past Houston. Give it a break...its an opinion board...not like we effect outcomes.

i wonder how much a game like that takes out of a team emotion and physicality wise as in playing a 2 OT game giving it 110%

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes