SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Strong Showing
Another dominating defensive performance by the Patriots as they continue to look strong during their win Thursday night over Carolina.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Division Round Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Deus Irae, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,393
    Re: Divisonal round breakdown: Ravens at Broncos

There is no way a likely shoot out, against Manning, in Denver, is a more favorable matchup than a potential Ravens/patriots matchup at Gillette

2. The_Riddler

The_Riddler 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +520

Either game would have been tough. A home game is always the preference regardless. We just have to worry about tomorrow right now.

3. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,856

No offense but obvious and irrelevant. The Patriots do not have to go to the thin air and get to play at home. THAT my friend is a HUGE plus for the Patriots and unworthy of noting the Ravens are a tough team (again, no offense intended)

4. Foxypats

Foxypats Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3,503

The Ravens just pulled out a huge upset. They are a very confident bunch right now. That could be their strength or their weakness. I am hoping it is the latter ofcourse. Maybe this game was their SB and next week they lay an egg. One can only hope....

Meanwhile we have a game tomorrow that requires all our positive energy and concentration.

I am sure there are coaches and scouts in the organization already studying the Ravens game tapes etc. and devising a game plan as we already know that with a win we are definately playing the Ravens. On the other hand the Ravens have no idea whom they will be playing till tomorrow night. That has to be a slight advantage!

5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32

I would have rathered play Denver, but not in Denver let alone on a short week. I need a Lysol shower after what I went through rooting for Flacco and Co. today...not to mention rooting for double OT...

6. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,109

I'm much happier facing the Raven at home, providing the Pats win tomorrow. My biggest concern is facing these awesome NFC teams, should the Pats make it to the bowl. These NFC teams look incredible. The Pats are incredible too, but it will be be a much harder win compared to the AFC, IMHO

7. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,856

If you are talking an abstract comparison without factoring any of the current conditions? There is a discussion to be had. But with Baltimore at nearly 2.5 grueling games worth of playing in 6 days then coming to Foxboro? Not even sure why there is a discussion that includes the words Denver or Manning at this point....

8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17,545

This win by the Ravens could be huge for the Pats tomorrow. The last two times the Texans just had to win to get a home playoff game, they choked. If the Texans win tomorrow, they get a home playoff game.

9. Dr Pain

Dr Pain In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,436

This was one of the best NFL games I have seen. The teams were not crisp but it was quite a fight.

10. Fencer

Fencer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,132

This year, the Ravens have a kicker.

11. Fencer

Fencer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,132

Peyton IS a class act. Don't mix him up with his blowhard father, or blame him too hard for the couple of fairly minor times he's thrown his teammates under the bus.

12. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,609

I actually don't have much of a problem with Manning, just with the media adulation and overhype of him. He's a legitimate top 5 all time QB, and it's not his fault that Denver played a cream puff schedule this year. But they were never an "elite" team, IMHO, and that would have been true whether they won this game or not.

13. Fencer

Fencer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,132

Good news: We have home field advantage throughout the AFC.

Bad news: We do have to actually WIN those home games. ;)

14. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,127

I'm sure the woman who had that lovely locker room experience with him looks at it just the same way.

15. Wheelman

Wheelman Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,418

What a great game that was! Right up there with last seasons' 49ers-saints division game. Way better than those wild card games(And goodell wants to expand the playoff to 14 teams....what a joke! It'll water down the playoffs:()

Fox definitely should have tried to win with 30 seconds left. You could make the argument that if Manning was with a coach like BB with the killer instinct they could have won but what you can't argue is how Manning threw that interception. Brady would have never done that. Brady takes care of the ball.

I was cheering for the ravens because I wanted home field advantage even though the Ravens will be very tough to beat. I was also hoping tucker would have missed that field goal and hope they went into triple OT so they could be really fatigued for the AFCCG.

All who is glad the manning media love is over better be prepared for the Ray Lewis team of destiny love lol.:biggrin2:

Excited to see how this playoff run goes. Can't wait! :)

16. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +4,600

A lot of us were pulling for a Denver loss. But did anyone have 38-35? Beuller? Anyone? Me neither.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  17. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +12,469

You mean the same guy who missed a chip shot FG to lose against the Pats?

With competent refs.

:mad:

18. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,130

I admit I haven't read all 156 pages of this thread, so, three thoughts at the risk of repeating what others have said.

1) denver's been unusually warm so far this december/january, so this was the first game that Peyton had to play in the "real" cold. except for a couple of series where he got into a rhythm, i didn't think he was ever comfortable. he had his hands jammed in that pouch around his waist and was shaking his right hand a lot as though he was trying to get feeling into it. once a Domer, always a Domer.

2) i posted in a couple of other threads earlier this month that i thought the 11 game streak was as much a burden as a benefit. i just never thought this team was going to win the 14 in a row it would have needed to win the SB.

3) there have been several threads this week about Peyton's inability to win in the postseason. i reject the view that that is because he's had an easy road to get there, because I don't think the facts bear it out.

but, the more i observe of peyton manning, the more i get a sense of "entitlement" when he gets to the playoffs...almost like he's so sure of his superiority that he feels he "should" win and so he just doesn't deal well with the adversity that you have to overcome in the postseason. i thought that was clear after a couple of series today and certainly at the end when Baltimore tied the game on that absurd play with 31 seconds left; his face suggested disbelief. the pick he threw at the end was mind boggling for someone of his talent...it felt like he was saying "here, somebody catch this. i'm peyton manning goddamit."

but, to me the most telling stat about Peyton in the Playoffs is that he has only brought his team back from behind to win in one of his nine W's.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  19. Bhelmet

Bhelmet Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5

It makes me wonder if this also explains Eli. Eli is scrappy and far harder to rattle than Peyton. Perhaps this stems from that same "entitlement" and Eli had to live in his shadow and work harder to be recognized. Just a thought.

20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,187

As far as I know, there was only a few of us that called this. I would hope that everyone feels as good about the Pats as I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.