PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did we know how bad Brady's knee was back in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Tom Brady getting Better! (merged)

Great news.....

Fespn is simply amazing, the so called "worldwide leader of sports" really is nothing more than a gossipy, rumor mongering, spiteful network of unsubstantied and sensationalized blabber.

What will Fespn report now??

Why Tom hasn't gone to see this guy I will never understand.

dr_house.jpg

Perfect! ...:rofl:

I wonder how long before Florio starts working for BSPN?

I agree. I think it was a smart move. When the average person thinks of ACL surgery for an athlete, the first thing you think of is Dr. James Andrews. If he says that Brady is on the road to recovery, it carries a lot more weight than "unnamed sources". Well, with everyone other than ESPN who are now reporting that Brady may have to have both legs amputated and the Pats are so mad that they have taken out a hit with Tony Soprano to take out Brady, Dr. ElAttrache, and everyone in Brady's family who were in on the "family decision".

I'm not worrying myself about the knee at this point, and neither should else anyone here, but Andrews seemingly only did a telephone consult. It's not as if he was there when Brady was opened up. Just as we shouldn't be jumping off cliffs because of ESPN reports, we shouldn't be holding parties because Andrews took a phone call and the LA Slimes wrote a story about it.

Perfect! ...:rofl:

Could be worse. He could be seeing this doctor:
http://www.greysanatomyinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/****-van-dyke-as-mark-sloan.jpg

Now that would be scary. . . . :eek:

As long as it isn't Dr. Kevorkian we're good to go:rocker:

I'm not worrying myself about the knee at this point, and neither should else anyone here, but Andrews seemingly only did a telephone consult. It's not as if he was there when Brady was opened up. Just as we shouldn't be jumping off cliffs because of ESPN reports, we shouldn't be holding parties because Andrews took a phone call and the LA Slimes wrote a story about it.

I'm sure Dr. Andrews got more information than what was told to him over the phone. With the money both guys have, I wouldn't be surprised that it wasn't a videoconference where Dr. Andrews got to see photos and even the video of the surgery maybe even live as it was happening. A phone consult today is a lot different than 10-20 years ago.

Could be worse. He could be seeing this doctor:
http://www.greysanatomyinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/****-van-dyke-as-mark-sloan.jpg

Now that would be scary. . . . :eek:

He's better than this guy:

drnick.jpg

Last edited:

I'm sure Dr. Andrews got more information than what was told to him over the phone. With the money both guys have, I wouldn't be surprised that it wasn't a videoconference where Dr. Andrews got to see photos and even the video of the surgery maybe even live as it was happening. A phone consult today is a lot different than 10-20 years ago.

This line is in the article:

"What I gather from talking to Neal today is that Tom's getting better, and what has been done is getting him well,"

Now, it's possible that it was more than a telephone consult, but not likely, if that quote is accurate. Of course, I'd trust the Enquirer over either the NY or LA Slimes, so there is that to deal with, too.

Last edited:

a little ESPNish here Deus Irase.

Stop think for a moment. Do you really think James Andresw would give
any opinion in person or over the phone without all the details at hand.
In todays modern world it doesn't take much to transmit every image
and lab report to a doctor on the other side of the country.
Think about it .... :confused:

Now, it's possible that it was more than a telephone consult, but not likely, if that quote is accurate. Of course, I'd trust the Enquirer over either the NY or LA Slimes, so there is that to deal with, too.

Talk about ESPN speculation :confused: we got our own in house spinner.

OK Desu Irae here's how it happens

Neal: Hello, James, Neal ElAttrache here.
James: Yes.
Neal: Just wanted your opinion on Tom Brady.
here's what I did ....., here's what the situation is .....
here's what i expect ........ what do you think?
James: Sounds like you're doing a good job, keep up the good work. bye now.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

a little ESPNish here Deus Irase.

Stop think for a moment. Do you really think James Andresw would give
any opinion in person or over the phone without all the details at hand.
In todays modern world it doesn't take much to transmit every image
and lab report to a doctor on the other side of the country.
Think about it .... :confused:

All I can tell you is "Read the article". Andrews, at least in his quoted lines, is not speaking like a Doctor who's seen the knee in question, even in images.

Good news. Good luck Tom! (I just know you're reading this, sigh)

This line is in the article:

You are talking about him giving the lastest update on Brady that he had yesterday. That doesn't mean he wasn't videoconferencing in to the surgery room when they were doing the first clean up.

It is quite clear that Dr. Andrews had more contact with Brady's doctor than the latest update since Dr. Andrews advised to treat the infection agressively. You have to assume that he had more information than what could be told to him over the phone to give a proper consult. Not that I am a doctor, but most consults require the consulting doctor to review notes, MRIs, X-Rays, videos of surgical procedures, etc. You gotta assume that Dr. Andrews had access to a lot of these things.

The initial consult had to be done last week. For all we know, Bob Kraft flew his private jet to Alabama to fly Dr. Andrews to LA for the consult. Follow up progress reports are probably done over the phone, but even then they probably send him MRI images via e-mail or whatever.

All due respect, but I think you are drawing a huge conclusion based on one comment about a status report Andrews got a week or so after his initial consult.

This is some f...... great news. Good luck Tom, get better ... :singing:

You are talking about him giving the lastest update on Brady that he had yesterday. That doesn't mean he wasn't videoconferencing in to the surgery room when they were doing the first clean up.

It is quite clear that Dr. Andrews had more contact with Brady's doctor than the latest update since Dr. Andrews advised to treat the infection agressively. You have to assume that he had more information than what could be told to him over the phone to give a proper consult. Not that I am a doctor, but most consults require the consulting doctor to review notes, MRIs, X-Rays, videos of surgical procedures, etc. You gotta assume that Dr. Andrews had access to a lot of these things.

The initial consult had to be done last week. For all we know, Bob Kraft flew his private jet to Alabama to fly Dr. Andrews to LA for the consult. Follow up progress reports are probably done over the phone, but even then they probably send him MRI images via e-mail or whatever.

All due respect, but I think you are drawing a huge conclusion based on one comment about a status report Andrews got a week or so after his initial consult.

Now, this is a funny post, since what I'm pretty much saying is that we shouldn't be drawing conclusions from either the positive or the negative reports that have come out.

Now, this is a funny post, since what I'm pretty much saying is that we shouldn't be drawing conclusions from either the positive or the negative reports that have come out.

Maybe he's running for office....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back