PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the pats even do anything illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Patriots got permission from the Cleveland Browns for what they were doing but didn't inform/get permission from the League and the Cincinnati Bengals. That's the only infraction.

Of course, it's possible (but highly unlikely) that the League or the Bengals could have denied permission. But, the Bengals preferred to make it a League matter instead of just asking the Browns PR folks (where the filming was taking place) what was going on. That was their right, but I think they made a poor choice.
They didn't need to notify the league, or Cincinnati, they just weren't supposed to point the camera at the sidelines.

That’s why I hope the league makes it clear that no advantage was gained here nor was there an attempt to gain one.
I think everyone on the planet needs to watch this:

They didn't need to notify the league, or Cincinnati, they just weren't supposed to point the camera at the sidelines.

Technically I believe you're wrong. You're not allowed to film from an unauthorized location which includes the Cleveland press box. I agree that there is much less of an issue if they never pointed the camera at the sidelines in order to get the filler background shots that get edited in.

What I've heard from multiple sources including the official Patriots statement is that it is proper procedure to always notify both teams and the NFL if you're going to be filming for any purpose. You've given me nothing substantive to not continue to believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back