PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Kraft put BB on notice?

When you put quotation marks around “he’ll never win a playoff game” it implies a quote by me. But I never said that… did I.

I said meaningful playoff games, he’ll never be fighting for a conference championship or a Super Bowl. He had enough trouble beating the 27th worst defense in the NFL for his lone playoff win.

A good way to begin an honest debate is by not starting off with a lie. But this is what LJ truthers have to do though, use cherry picked stats and obfuscation… because he hasn’t won **** and has played horribly in the playoffs… not his team… him.
I literally asked you to define what a meaningful playoff game was. That's how the conversation started. You didn't. You conflated it to winning a playoff game and then to making/winning a Super Bowl. I'll ask again in clearer terms: do you believe Lamar Jackson to be incapable of winning a divisional round playoff matchup then? Stop hiding behind a term like "meaningful" and show your hand.

It does sound like kraft is starting to lose his taste for the kool aid
Yeah it needs a little more sugar.
Film Rinse GIF

He’s not saying Mayo is the next head coach, he was heaping praise on Mayo, one of his employees.

The lengths you BB haters go to decipher Bob’s inner feelings says more about you than anything he said.

There’s pressure on all 32 head coaches in the league to win now… it has always been this way, it always will be.
Right here in black and white. Kraft thinks Mayo could be the heir apparent. "Patriots owner Robert Kraft thinks that current New England assistant Jerod Mayo could be the heir-apparent to current head coach Bill Belichick."

The lengths you clueless homers will go to defend a coach who is 79-87 without Tom Brady is laughable. Since Brady left he is 25-25 as a coach. At this point merely posting his record in the last 3 seasons makes you a "hater".

I literally asked you to define what a meaningful playoff game was. That's how the conversation started. You didn't. You conflated it to winning a playoff game and then to making/winning a Super Bowl. I'll ask again in clearer terms: do you believe Lamar Jackson to be incapable of winning a divisional round playoff matchup then? Stop hiding behind a term like "meaningful" and show your hand.
I’ve been here saying that very thing since before the 2018 draft when Lamar was still a prospect.

The goal is to win Super Bowls right… or are we in the moral victory business now?

It’s funny how important it is for Mac Jones to win meaningful playoff games and prove himself because he’s a Patriot… but Lamar gets a pass because he plays for someone else.

Right here in black and white. Kraft thinks Mayo could be the heir apparent. "Patriots owner Robert Kraft thinks that current New England assistant Jerod Mayo could be the heir-apparent to current head coach Bill Belichick."

The lengths you clueless homers will go to defend a coach who is 79-87 without Tom Brady is laughable. Since Brady left he is 25-25 as a coach. At this point merely posting his record in the last 3 seasons makes you a "hater".

I could be hired to rub down Victoria Secret models with baby oil before photo shoots.

Could be… sounds definitive.

I think the walls are closing in on Bill this season. Kraft basically saying Mayo would be the next coach if things work out the way he hopes means there is a succession plan in place. Kraft is always very likely aware that if Mayo was getting head coaching interviews this offseason he will be getting them next season so he would need to move on from Bill if he did want to keep Mayo. If Belichick has another 8-9 win season and ends up on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs go it seems that Bill is gone. Let him go break that wins record elsewhere and start the process with a new coach and GM. Bill really screwed himself with that idiotic Patricia experiment last year and I think may have stomped out any benefit of doubt about getting one more year past 2023 if he misses the playoffs.
That's a great point, another thing that I feel will be worth watching with the state of the team is.. this season.

Will ownership allow Joe Judge to put his 2 cents after the herald reports, does BOB really have full autonomy with the offense entirely.. will mayos role be defined.. this season will be Interesting to say the least.

He’s won a single playoff game in five years and had the face the 27th worst defense to make that happen.

For Lamar any wins would be meaningful.
He's 26. He's made the playoffs every season when he was healthy at the end. The Ravens have completely fallen apart two seasons in a row without Lamar. In fact since he's been on the team, they're 45-16 with him and 8-13 without him. Those 45 wins are tied for the 6th-most through 61 career regular season starts by any quarterback since 1950. In his first full season as the starter he became the second youngest MVP in NFL history. And he already has the 5th-most rushing yards by a quarterback in NFL history.

that translation of Bob's statement would make modern day prosperity gospel evangelicals blush......

kraft says Mayo has "no ceiling", so you're taking that as "bill is out, mayo is in" ? lol

the best part about all of the anti-bill crowd here is they don't realize, bill is here until bill no longer wants to be here.......he and kraft are on the exact same page, and if you don't have an agenda, you'll see that they pretty much say the exact same things to the media......general platitudes without saying a whole hell of a lot

He's 26. He's made the playoffs every season when he was healthy at the end. The Ravens have completely fallen apart two seasons in a row without Lamar. In fact since he's been on the team, they're 45-16 with him and 8-13 without him. Those 45 wins are tied for the 6th-most through 61 career regular season starts by any quarterback since 1950. In his first full season as the starter he became the second youngest MVP in NFL history. And he already has the 5th-most rushing yards by a quarterback in NFL history.
Saying a team has fallen apart with no QB, or with an injured Tyler Huntley who outright sucks, is not the same as saying they couldn't win with another average/good/great QB. The same program and coaches won a championship with Joe Flacco.

The number of teams with a back-up QB as good as their starter are few and far between, teams can't afford to pay two QB's starter money, and no QB worth a damn wants to sit on the bench and watch. Almost every team in the NFL will fall apart when their starting QB gets hurt, the same way their kicking game will suffer when their starting kicker gets hurt. There's no great QB's or kickers sitting out there on the unemployment line waiting for a call.

Lamar Jackson has completely fallen apart in the playoffs against superior defenses, I'm sure that correlates to his regular season losses as well. He can't pass well from the pocket against better defenses, which is a requirement if you want to beat playoff caliber teams. You repeatedly reciting his regular season record back to us doesn't alter anything.

He's exactly what I said he was in my 2018 pre-draft analysis, a Mike Vick clone... fool's gold.

Last edited:
I could be hired to rub down Victoria Secret models with baby oil before photo shoots.

Could be… sounds definitive.
Where is that job posted?

Almost every team in the NFL will fall apart when their starting QB gets hurt, the same way their kicking game will suffer when their starting kicker gets hurt.
You legitimately could win a game without a kicker. We saw what a "great football team" looked like without a QB in the NFCCG.

But 45-16 and 8-13 are strikingly different. Hard to pass off as it would happen to every team who loses their QB. We've seen some recent examples of teams managing without their starter... Cowboys, 49ers (until they had none), Patriots... probably different reasons for each but still those are counterexamples. Lamar is so uniquely skilled and versatile that he's impossible to replicate. For different reasons, Brady also was impossible to replicate. Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, and probably Fields qualify. Losing any top 10 QB (not including Fields here... yet) would ultimately lay waste to most teams. Losing 11-20 ranked would still be difficult but not as impossible. 21-32 should be reasonably replaceable with a legitimate back-up QB but these teams probably suck anyway. I mean, can you name one top 10 team in the league who has a 21-32 ranked QB?

You also can't call an NFL MVP "fool's gold." Can't justify it.

that translation of Bob's statement would make modern day prosperity gospel evangelicals blush......

kraft says Mayo has "no ceiling", so you're taking that as "bill is out, mayo is in" ? lol

the best part about all of the anti-bill crowd here is they don't realize, bill is here until bill no longer wants to be here.......he and kraft are on the exact same page, and if you don't have an agenda, you'll see that they pretty much say the exact same things to the media......general platitudes without saying a whole hell of a lot
It isn't a definitive statement by any means but Kraft seems to have made it pretty clear he would be okay with Mayo taking over if Bill were to longer be here. You're insane if you think Bill gets to ride off into the sunset whenever he feels like it whether Kraft wants him here or not. He and Kraft are on the same page in the fact that they both want to win games. Whether or not Bill delivers is where they diverge.

You legitimately could win a game without a kicker. We saw what a "great football team" looked like without a QB in the NFCCG.
Nobody said QB and kicker were the same, I said no QB or really bad backup QB as an indicator of Lamar Jackson's greatness is a false equivalence. Just about every team in the league would crash and burn or be worse off without their starting QB. Very few teams have solid backups.

And the 49ers? You failed to mention how Brock Purdy was their #3 QB and he got hurt. Most teams don't have a single good backup QB, no team has four. Good grief...
But 45-16 and 8-13 are strikingly different. Hard to pass off as it would happen to every team who loses their QB. We've seen some recent examples of teams managing without their starter... Cowboys, 49ers (until they had none), Patriots... probably different reasons for each but still those are counterexamples. Lamar is so uniquely skilled and versatile that he's impossible to replicate. For different reasons, Brady also was impossible to replicate. Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, and probably Fields qualify. Losing any top 10 QB (not including Fields here... yet) would ultimately lay waste to most teams. Losing 11-20 ranked would still be difficult but not as impossible. 21-32 should be reasonably replaceable with a legitimate back-up QB but these teams probably suck anyway. I mean, can you name one top 10 team in the league who has a 21-32 ranked QB?

You also can't call an NFL MVP "fool's gold." Can't justify it.
Mike Vick made four Pro Bowls and lost some time... you know, that whole dog fighting prison thing... but he was popular also.

Vick made it past the first round twice in his entire career, he was fool's gold the same way Lamar Jackson is.

Nobody said QB and kicker were the same, I said no QB or really bad backup QB as an indicator of Lamar Jackson's greatness is a false equivalence. Just about every team in the league would crash and burn or be worse off without their starting QB. Very few teams have solid backups.

And the 49ers? You failed to mention how Brock Purdy was their #3 QB and he got hurt. Most teams don't have a single good backup QB, no team has four. Good grief...

Mike Vick made four Pro Bowls and lost some time... you know, that whole dog fighting prison thing... but he was popular also.

Vick made it past the first round twice in his entire career, he was fool's gold the same way Lamar Jackson is.
Disagree he had the Eagles competing but they had no name wrs at the time and little to no running game to speak of.

It isn't a definitive statement by any means but Kraft seems to have made it pretty clear he would be okay with Mayo taking over if Bill were to longer be here. You're insane if you think Bill gets to ride off into the sunset whenever he feels like it whether Kraft wants him here or not. He and Kraft are on the same page in the fact that they both want to win games. Whether or not Bill delivers is where they diverge.
If I had to guess about what would happen if BB suddenly had a debilitating illness that forced him from coaching tomorrow I think Billy O'Brien would instantly take over as head coach. No offense to Mayo but experience would trump feelings.

Disagree he had the Eagles competing but they had no name wrs at the time and little to no running game to speak of.
He sucked at passing for accuracy. Same way Lamar did. The most accurate Vick was was with Andy Reid, who eventually gave up on him and moved on.

He sucked at passing for accuracy. Same way Lamar did. The most accurate Vick was was with Andy Reid, who eventually gave up on him and moved on.
His best season was 21 passing tds to 6 ints.

That is taking care of the football.

I'm not a Vick fan. I think he fits most of the criticisms you throw at Lamar who to me is a noticeably better player than Vick. Cunningham's best moments were better than Vick's also. Cunningham had a few really impressive seasons.

His best season was 21 passing tds to 6 ints.

That is taking care of the football.
Yeah, Andy Reid using scheme to protect Vick from himself. Think it doesn't happen?

Look at Jameis Winston's stats with Sean Payton, then look at him with everyone else... he threw substantially fewer passes with Payton and was uniquely accurate and mistake free in relation to the rest of his career.

Lamar Jackson throws the fewest pass attempts in the NFL every season for a reason.

If Lamar (or Vick) was great at passing like Herbert, Burrows or Mahomes... they would let it fly.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back