PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone else see Malcom Mitchell's drop pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though that play was crazy for sure, this should be turned to an appreciation thread. He, not White, was who actually jump started the offense when nothing was happening. Then White took over like a Boss. Kudos to both those guys for making GROWN MAN plays!

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
I was worried that was a drop too. Sometimes you see players make a catch, then fall to the ground, then plant the ball on the ground firmly.

After they ruled it a catch for Mitchell, I thinking maybe he did that too, except super quickly for some strange reason.

At least that's how I remember it. Maybe I'm totally wrong. I need to see a replay.

That is part of the conspiracy! The replay was cut short AND not referred to again after the play. It clearly showed Mitchell's "catch" bounced off the ground before he turned over and tried to place the ball down upfield.

That is part of the conspiracy! The replay was cut short AND not referred to again after the play. It clearly showed Mitchell's "catch" bounced off the ground before he turned over and tried to place the ball down upfield.

I did not see it "clearly" bounce off the ground at all.

If it was the same official who's eye was great enough to see Edelman catch that crazy one, then I'll trust he saw Mitchell catch his cleanly as well.

My theory is that it looked to be like Mitchell was reaching for the 1st down with the ball. Those of us at home could clearly see he already had the first down, but it is certainly possible that on the field he didn't know for sure, so he reached the ball forward.

It was still an unnecessarily dangerous move.

Just rewatched it...whistle didn't blow until CB touched him, the ATL defender just had no idea he put the ball down like that. It was a clean catch, but potential fumble is another story.

I don't think he was putting it down just to put it down. I thought he was worried he hadn't made the first down and was quickly reaching the ball out to pick up another half-yard.

Yeah, that's how I saw that play, he was worried he hadn't gotten the first down and was reaching for an extra yard. He still had the ball firmly in hand when he was touched. I don't think there was any chance it would have been a fumble, it just looked unnecessarily risky at full speed.

All I was thinking was thank God the Atlanta D was young. A vet would have pounced on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes