PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Detroit may release/trade Trey Flowers

It feels almost insulting to try to come up with a contract offer here. Van Noy's value fell from $15M in 2020 to $7M in 2021 (and $5M in 2022) after 14 games, 13 starts, and 6 sacks for Dolphins. How far has Flowers' value fallen after two seasons with 14 games, 12 starts, and 3.5 sacks total?

It feels almost insulting to try to come up with a contract offer here. Van Noy's value fell from $15M in 2020 to $7M in 2021 (and $5M in 2022) after 14 games, 13 starts, and 6 sacks for Dolphins. How far has Flowers' value fallen after two seasons with 14 games, 12 starts, and 3.5 sacks total?

The Lions will cut him (no one will trade for him) and then he is a good backup for us. Fallen all the way from starter to backup, but it is what it is.

Bolden came back from Miami and has helped , Collins came back and ???......there is probably more examples of success and failures over the years of returning players. Not a fan of this but I respect what other posters say.....worth a place on the final 53 ???

Agree - worth a spot on the 53. Godchaux and Flowers would be great backups.

I agree but see it slightly differently. Sign Fatukasi as a FA (27 next year) not Shelton (29 next year), draft Jordan Davis, and kick Barmore out to DE opposite Judon. Perkins, McGrone or Bentley, and McMillan behind the four man line. Barmore can bulk up and learn to rush from a DE position while Fatukasi and Davis collpase the pocket -that would be exciting. Use Barmore like we used to use Wilfork.

Imo this team has a lot banking on the progress of McGrone and Perkins. If they kept their heads in the playbook and come in and instantly contribute it would go a long way to shortening the rebuild.

This team has more holes to fill than a milton bradley connect 4 game. I’d guess the only positions of strength is QB, RB/FB and possibly safety.

The defense has more holes than it could possibly ever fill through the draft. We certainly need to hit on cheaper players in FA to rebuild this thing. This Flowers situation is ideal if he'll sign a relatively friendly contract.

Backup? I mean, Flowers over Guy and Wise any day of the week.

Keep an eye on where Flores goes. Flowers may prefer Houston if Flores goes there being close to his hometown AL. I’m sure Caserio wouldn’t mind signing Flowers either.

I don't see how the money can work via trade unless he is released.

Imo this team has a lot banking on the progress of McGrone and Perkins. If they kept their heads in the playbook and come in and instantly contribute it would go a long way to shortening the rebuild.

This team has more holes to fill than a milton bradley connect 4 game. I’d guess the only positions of strength is QB, RB/FB and possibly safety.

Agree on McGrone and Perkins. TEs are good, OL is good. We are not going to have All Pros everywhere. It would help if JJ Taylor can emerge as the third down back but he could not get on the field.

Just like two dominant DTs could keep the DL off our LBs and help in a multitude of ways, a true #1 WR would help the offense in multiple ways, but finding a true #1 seems to be very hard.

My wish list is a FA DT, draft a DT, get a #1 WR (FA or the draft, but the draft seems more likely), and we need a boundary DB.

thats why i wasnt sure. You would think matt of all people would know how to use him
He used him the same way as he did in NE, but now he was the focus. He’s not a guy who headlines a D.

Do we have the room to sign Fatukasi? Guestimates are 3 years 25 million?
I have no idea how much he can expect to get on the market. You’re probably close, if not a little bit more. It’s all going to depend on what they do with restructures, releases, retirements. There’s not a lot of money to go around, that’s for sure. We do have a lot of money available in 23 & 24. They could backload some deals. If a team really wants someone, they always manage to find some way to make it work. The positive thing is we are in the middle of the league in space and shouldn’t have too much competition for some of the guys out there.

Signing retreads is not the way to build a team around a franchise qb.

I would be in on him as a rotational piece, not a centerpiece. Curious if he would take a 1 year prove it deal to reset his market value. Agree with everyone here though that a young reliable DT is more important. IIRC Flowers did line up inside sometimes.

Less old players. More young players. Judon, KVN, that’s about it. I think it’s time to move on from Guy and HT up front.

For the right price, I would bring him back. Not at his current price.
We would sign almost any player in the NFL for the right price.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back