PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson will NOT face criminal charges

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

Adam Schefter

15h ·

Deshaun Watson will not face criminal charges. This is why those around and connected to Watson, from the beginning, said they welcomed a police investigation: And today, a grand jury did not charge him on any of the criminal complaints.

you think seattle has the firepower (ie draft picks) to land watson?

I know they picked up a few picks from the donks (one 1st, one 2nd, one 5th, and as Brony6 pointed out, a 2023 first rounder) so they have a 1st, two 2nds, 1 each in 3 & 4, two 5ths etc... they definately have the need though... drew lock is basically jarrett stidham in a now seahawks uniform... its fine to keep him on the roster carrying a clipboard, but as a starter? yeah, not really...

Philthydeplhia might be in play... they have multiple firsts this year (3), and have been sniffing around qbs for a while... im pretty sure they aren't sold on jalen hurts as a long term solution at qb... he's an inferior version of lamar jackson...

Last edited:
smart advice from his lawyer.
If he’s guilty, but it won’t help him with Goodell.
And that was in the civil cases so it will be hard to win if he won’t testify and deny the accusations.

you think seattle has the firepower (ie draft picks) to land watson?

I know they picked up a few picks from the donks (one 1st, one 2nd, one 5th) so they have a 1st, two 2nds, 1 each in 3 & 4, two 5ths etc... they definately have the need though... drew lock is basically jarrett stidham in a now seahawks uniform... its fine to keep him on the roster carrying a clipboard, but as a starter? yeah, not really...

Philthydeplhia might be in play... they have multiple firsts this year (3), and have been sniffing around qbs for a while... im pretty sure they aren't sold on jalen hurts as a long term solution at qb... he's an inferior version of lamar jackson...
They got 2 1sts, 2 2nds and more from Denver

If he’s guilty, but it won’t help him with Goodell.
i think herr goodell is the last of his worries, considering his case was in front of a grand jury, which was reviewing accusations on a felony level.

so, smart advice from his lawyer. Good sound basic advice - never talk to cops, always assert your rights.

They got 2 1sts, 2 2nds and more from Denver
was referring to the ammo they got in the 2022 draft.
will add the 2023 as a reference.

i think herr goodell is the last of his worries, considering his case was in front of a grand jury, which was reviewing accusations on a felony level.

so, smart advice from his lawyer. Good sound basic advice - never talk to cops, always assert your rights.
The criminal cases didn’t go to trial the grand jury posted no bill.
It was the civil cases that he pled the 5th in meaning it was about money and/reputation and his ability to continue to play in the NFL.

It wasn’t about talking to cops, it was about publicly giving his side of the accusations.

The criminal cases didn’t go to trial the grand jury posted no bill.
It was the civil cases that he pled the 5th in meaning it was about money and/reputation and his ability to continue to play in the NFL.

It wasn’t about talking to cops, it was about publicly giving his side of the accusations.

ugh... anything he said in the civil depositions could have been used in the grand jury presentation if made available to the prosecutors... and the plaintiffs lawyer would have absolutely made it available as it would have strengthened his civil case

Panthers or Steelers I would guess. My hope is Panthers, the AFC has enough good QBs in it now (though Watson may have a suspension coming anyway).

Just hope he goes to the nfc. The whole qb carousel may hurt us slightly . Some teams ahead of us like denver and Washington who would’ve taken qbs will probably take these other positions we are looking at now. Depends on what seattle and indy does now i guess, hopefully they choose draft for the qb

I never thought he was guilty of a crime, at least as I understood it, or least that the burden would not be met. Not all kinds of sexual misconduct are actual crimes.

I never thought he was guilty of a crime, at least as I understood it, or least that the burden would not be met. Not all kinds of sexual misconduct are actual crimes.
The way I understood it too is he's guilty of being a perv and a weirdo, which... makes him a perv, and also a weirdo, but not a criminal.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back