PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson? (UPDATED: Caserio Says Team Has "no interest" in trading him)

NY pizza could quite possibly be the most overhyped food on earth. I love pizza but absolutely nothing special about “NY” pies.

in all honesty I bet 9/10 players pick Miami I that debate

Portland Maine has these giant slab pizzas that are amazing.

NY pizza could quite possibly be the most overhyped food on earth. I love pizza but absolutely nothing special about “NY” pies.

Easily. No income tax, beautiful weather, better night clubs, South Beach, and an organization that looks like its fixed its culture.

New England has great pizza and the best subs IMO.

Greek run pizza and sub shops too.

Players totally care about the best pizza and subs and not which place has the best nightclubs and nicest beaches and hottest girls wearing the least amount of clothes

Players totally care about the best pizza and subs and not which place has the best nightclubs and nicest beaches and hottest girls wearing the least amount of clothes
Have you been to NYC n Jersey Shore clubs?

I am not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of the Jets' roster. So I will defer to you.

Although Becton was drafted 11th overall. I would hope he turns into at least a Pro Bowl caliber tackle or he would be a disappointment. The fact that he may be living up to his draft position is a good thing because a lot of picks in the top 11 turn out to be disappointment, but we are talking a top 11 pick.

I didn't know about Mims. So maybe my assessment of him is off quite a bit.

Pretty sure Becton won fan voting for pro bowl. But yeah, that's likely just Jet fans focusing on anything good in the sh!tstorm that is the current team.

He's fun to watch. Especially run blocking and going after LBs/DBs. Still has a bunch to learn though before becoming a top LT.

Mims? Looks promising. I don't know why, but supposedly WR is one of the tougher positions to make the transition from college to nfl. Given Mims didn't practice til mid-season, I was happy to see him produce a bit. Looked good. Then fell off the last two games, which I haven't been able to explain.

I will respectfully have to say... you're nuts.
If it makes you feel better, the hands-down best clam chowder I've ever had was in Seattle :oops:. Not trying to turn this into a food discussion. Just ridiculous to think that NY Pizza has anything to do with player recruitment.

In terms of the Jets, I do think that NYC has more of an allure for players than NE from a city perspective.. that will always be true. I don't think Boston, without Tom Brady, is as alluring as it once was.

That said, the Jets have been a complete dumpster-fire for years and years and really don't have much talent to build upon so I am not sure what is so alluring bout the Jets. That said, the #2 overall pick is much more appealing as a trade asset than anything the Pats can offer. They have a few good young players like Becton, but I don't think they are a QB away from winning. In all honesty, I think Houston is closer to competing for a SB with Watson than the NYJ would be.

If it makes you feel better, the hands-down best clam chowder I've ever had was in Seattle :oops:. Not trying to turn this into a food discussion. Just ridiculous to think that NY Pizza has anything to do with player recruitment.

In terms of the Jets, I do think that NYC has more of an allure for players than NE from a city perspective.. that will always be true. I don't think Boston, without Tom Brady, is as alluring as it once was.

That said, the Jets have been a complete dumpster-fire for years and years and really don't have much talent to build upon so I am not sure what is so alluring bout the Jets. That said, the #2 overall pick is much more appealing as a trade asset than anything the Pats can offer. They have a few good young players like Becton, but I don't think they are a QB away from winning. In all honesty, I think Houston is closer to competing for a SB with Watson than the NYJ would be.

I was joking about pizza being a deciding factor. Though it would be for me. My waistline can attest to that.

The main draw to the Jets for Watson is Saleh. Which may be why the Jets grabbed him so fast. Perhaps also why Saleh chose the Jets, knowing they have the ammo needed to go get Watson.

As far as being in a position to win? As rosters stand right now... yeah, Jets/Texans both suck. Jets have a lot of cap space though, and likely still decent draft picks after trading for Watson (whether in 2021 or 2022).

Watson may really be looking at Saleh as his coach, a good WR corps of Allen Robinson, Mims and Crowder, and an improved oline including perhaps Thuney.

Have you been to NYC n Jersey Shore clubs?
I have. I felt like I needed a penicillin shot when I walked out of D’Jai’s.

So 2 first round, 2nd round, 2 young defensive starter.....ouch

So 2 first round, 2nd round, 2 young defensive starter.....ouch
I think Caserio let that leak so they can go to Watson and say, “sorry, no one thought you were worth more than Stanford. Let’s find a way to make this work.”

I was joking about pizza being a deciding factor. Though it would be for me. My waistline can attest to that.

The main draw to the Jets for Watson is Saleh. Which may be why the Jets grabbed him so fast. Perhaps also why Saleh chose the Jets, knowing they have the ammo needed to go get Watson.

As far as being in a position to win? As rosters stand right now... yeah, Jets/Texans both suck. Jets have a lot of cap space though, and likely still decent draft picks after trading for Watson (whether in 2021 or 2022).

Watson may really be looking at Saleh as his coach, a good WR corps of Allen Robinson, Mims and Crowder, and an improved oline including perhaps Thuney.
Did the Jets sign Allen Robinson?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back