PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson? (UPDATED: Caserio Says Team Has "no interest" in trading him)

I get it if he hates the owner... but its not Caserio's fault or the new HCs fault... he can be mad at the owner but I can't see why he would refuse to play under HC/GM?? In that case, I don't know why you would trade Watson.
Does anyone seriously think BB would trade for a QB who is this public ally vocal about wanting to be consulted on front office decisions?

Last edited:
Does anyone seriously think BB would trade for a QB who is this public ally vocal about wantI get to be consulted on front office decisions?
Yeah if he doesn't like Nicky much, he'll definitely like Bill even less...

This puts the Texans in a bad spot. Now that it's rumored he wants to go the the Jets, they can lowball offer the Texans knowing that's where Watson wants to play. Texans can field all the offers they want, but final say goes through Watson.

But then again, why does Watson want to go from one bad organization to another? He sounds like a hypocrite.

Last edited:
If I am Houston I don’t listen to offers under 5 1st rnd pick and that’s the starting point!

Watson in a top 5 Qb and he is 25 yo! Adams commanded 2 1st! Waston is more valuable by a mile
then screw um

Houston has a player with a huge cap who doesn't want to play for them. I expect that he would sit out of training camp. They are the one with the problem. The jets and miami can simply draft quarterbacks. They have no real pressure to give HOU a huge deal. Watson's contract is actually reasonable for MIA of NYJ 2/$45M and $35M thereafter if they wish to keep him.

So he doesn’t like McNair because of his politics so he wants to go to a team owned by a Trump ambassador?

This makes no sense, and why would anyone want to be a Jete?

none of these players care about that do people really fall for that stuff

then screw um

Houston has a player with a huge cap who doesn't want to play for them. I expect that he would sit out of training camp. They are the one with the problem. The jets and miami can simply draft quarterbacks. They have no real pressure to give HOU a huge deal. Watson's contract is actually reasonable for MIA of NYJ 2/$45M and $35M thereafter if they wish to keep him.
This is the problem. Texans won’t get what he’s worth and they have the leverage to just threaten screwing with his career

The dude needs an intervention

"I want to play for the JESTS"
and
"I'm willing to pay an estimated $15 million in city/state taxes for the privilege"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just reading up on the "Jock Tax"
A player pays the state tax rate on income earned in states where he plays each game
For example
Watson travels to NJ to play the JESTS
His income for the day is 1/16th of $39 mill=$2.438 mill
He owes NJ 10.75% of $2.438 mill = $262K for the day
Play a game in FL, TX, NV, WA, and soon to be TN...........owe $0

In my next life, I'd like to be a player for an AFC South team

Last edited:
I really hope this is true. Who cares if the Pats play him twice (maybe 3x a year)! Bill has proven himself and his chops against some of the greatest of all-time. REPEATEDLY. If this trade happens, it will cost the Jets a ransom!! Not to mention the salary cap ramifications.

and
"I'm willing to pay an estimated $15 million in city/state taxes for the privilege"
A player pays the state tax rate on income earned in states where he plays each game
For example

Miami is perfect, not sure why he'd want Jete

and
For example

I’d rather live in NYC and pay taxes than live in TX or FLA. In fact, I’ll go further : I’d pay extra taxes to not live in FLA or TX. When you make that kinda cash, 15M seems like small potatoes to avoid those places....

I’d rather live in NYC and pay taxes than live in TX or FLA. In fact, I’ll go further : I’d pay extra taxes to not live in FLA or TX. When you make that kinda cash, 15M seems like small potatoes to avoid those places....
If he's a success in NYC and the next star, Broadway Deshaun then he'll make as much money in endorsements that he'll pay in taxes.

If he's a success in NYC and the next star, Broadway Deshaun then he'll make as much money in endorsements that he'll pay in taxes.
People on this board are also - for the most part - obsessed with money. « Can’t blame him » / « it’d be stupid » / « I’d also... » I’ve never understood that line of thinking. To me, happiness and (especially) time are much, much more precious than dollars. When you have a multimillion $ contract, I’d think you start caring more about lifestyle and less about the nickels and pennies. But, I freely admit I’m a weirdo. So...

If I am Houston I don’t listen to offers under 5 1st rnd pick and that’s the starting point!

Watson in a top 5 Qb and he is 25 yo! Adams commanded 2 1st! Waston is more valuable by a mile
Houston doesn't have much leverage, if any. Watson's team is going to leak where he wants to play and those teams won't have to offer much. He holds a no trade clause so all offers will go through him. Don't know the ramifications are if Watson doesn't report if he isn't traded, but I can't imagine the Texans wanting this saga to continue.

If this trade happens, it will cost the Jets a ransom!!
It may not. See above. Texans have almost zero leverage.

Last edited:
playing in NYC is a huge draw......let's face it, these guys have short careers, and the opportunity playing in NYC presents, especially for a guy like Watson, is huge.......winning is not the only, or even biggest, draw for these guys......at least for many of them

You've never been to Texas have you? It's an awesome place.

As Randy Moss said on ESPN, "the days of players playing and shutting up are over". No more Corey Dillon's saying "I'd rather flip burgers than play for the Bengals" then conceding and showing up to camp are long gone. NFL players are seeing what NBA players are doing and now realizing they have more power than they thought.

So basically, Watson will pull an Anthony Davis and force the Texans to trade him to where he wants to go.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back