PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right there, but a violation of probation could get him anything from no additional punishment at all to requiring him to check in with his probation officer on a more frequent basis to alcohol rehab to being forced to serve the maximum for his crime. Odds are the judge will give him a light punishment.

The big question, of course, is if it changes the parameters of his deal to receive the jail time next spring.

The judge could send him to jail "now."

See ya Dennard.

Idiot.

Or the New England Ravens?

They must have already done that, because the two teams' arrest histories over the past 10 years (before the recent spree by your guys) were almost the same. But since playing the Raven card seems to make you feel better, I'm sure you won't let a few facts get in the way.

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 3m
I don't recommend doing anything illegal in same town where you punched a cop ...

Um, yeah.

And WTF was he doing in Lincoln anyway? Does he have to stay there until TC begins?
Why wasn't he back home in GA, where he would be somewhat less likely to get in trouble again?

Oh look, a positive spin:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2m
Good thing about Dennard: He will count just $43,386 against the #Patriots salary cap if they cut him

is that right? $43g? Seems like it's missing a digit?

That's the rest of his signing bonus. Per Miguel, 1/3 of that would count next year, and the 1/3 from 2015 would accelerate onto the 2014 cap, so the cap hits if they cut him would be $14K this year and $29K next year.

You are right there, but a violation of probation could get him anything from no additional punishment at all to requiring him to check in with his probation officer on a more frequent basis to alcohol rehab to being forced to serve the maximum for his crime. Odds are the judge will give him a light punishment.
I honestly don't give 2 s***s what happens to him.

What an Idiot isn't the fool on Probation? I would cut his @ss immediately!:mad: BB and the organization should go back to their High Character Drafting policies. This takling a chance on criminals have not worked out, it's the opposite it has backfired.

NFL won't impose a suspension on him strictly based on him being arrested on suspicion of DUI. They'll wait until the case comes to a conclusion.

Marshawn Lynch got charged with DUI last off season and the NFL hasn't given him one because as of Jul 5th it was continued again until November 1st.

And if he is punished by the court for violating his probation that is still part of a case before he was in the NFL.

Cutting him I think is a little too rash, suspending him might be the way to go.

Because what happens if someone else on the team gets charged with a DUI? They will set a precedent if they cut Dennard.

Plus it would be very hypocritical seeing is how they signed a guy last year who was arrested for and convicted of DUI Manslaughter

Plus it would be very hypocritical seeing is how they signed a guy twice last year who was arrested for a DUI Manslaughter

:agree:

This is an excellent point (although note that happened while he wasn't in New England).

This has been the offseason from hell. Odds are decent that he will be missing some games. Friggin moron.

The the odds are that he'll get Cut!

What an Idiot isn't the fool on Probation? I would cut his @ss immediately!:mad: BB and the organization should go back to their High Character Drafting policies. This takling a chance on criminals have not worked out, it's the opposite his has backfired.

Picking up "criminals" has worked for the team before. It's just that in the most recent two instances, it has backfired. And why "cut his @ss immediately"? He's by far the second best CB on the team.

NFL won't impose a suspension on him strictly based on him being arrested on suspicion of DUI. They'll wait until the case comes to a conclusion.

Marshawn Lynch got charged with DUI last off season and the NFL hasn't given him one because as of Jul 5th it was continued again until November 1st.

And if he is punished by the court for violating his probation that is still part of a case before he was in the NFL.

Cutting him I think is a little too rash, suspending him might be the way to go.

Because what happens if someone else on the team gets charged with a DUI? They will set a precedent if they cut Dennard.

Plus it would be very hypocritical seeing is how they signed a guy twice last year who was arrested for and convicted of DUI Manslaughter

Well look, a sane and rational analysis. Well done.

Plus it would be very hypocritical seeing is how they signed a guy twice last year who was arrested for and convicted of DUI Manslaughter

I would review the police report. If they're giving the kid a hard time over punching the cop or if he actually exhibited signs of being intoxicated.

Picking up "criminals" has worked for the team before. It's just that in the most recent two instances, it has backfired. And why "cut his @ss immediately"? He's by far the second best CB on the team.

The kid could have served time and was given a second chance. I think they will make an example out of him and I think it would be well deserved. Dennard obviously have $h!t for brains.

The Cinncinnati Bengals are kitty cats compared to the Pats if the Pats don't cut him.

The proud Patriots are turning into the Patsy's again right before are eyes.

to quote Fitzy.

"****punch"

I would review the police report. If they're giving the kid a hard time over punching the cop or if he actually exhibited signs of being intoxicated.

He was strattling the lanes so they pulled him over and he refused a breathalizer. It doens't really matter what signs he exhibited once they pulled him over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST