PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 3m
I don't recommend doing anything illegal in same town where you punched a cop ...

Um, yeah.

Bye Bye dumb ***. Cut him now. He got a second chance. Done! :mad:
I'm inclined to agree. If it were a first offense, that would be one thing. But, this dope just got cut an enormous break. I don't know for sure, but I would guess that after his last adjudication, someone from the team spoke with him and gave him some type of warning about the need to keep his nose clean. I'm also guessing that that conversation did not include telling Dennard that he still had 2 strikes left before he'd be called out.

Can Tebow play TE and CB?

Sounds simple to me ... you cut him because if you don't and he's involved in seriously hurting or killing someone in another DUI then there's no way to defend that you kept him.

Wow. Another dumb player. I think he will be cut today. I like his playing ability but I don't think the Patriots have an option here. Hope Dowling can stay healthy and/or Ryan learns quickly.

He just violated his parole- he going to jail to serve his sentence- then Goddell will suspend him. He's as good as cut for this year already. And yes, the Patriots should release him just for being that stupid.

I don't know if a judge is going to turn his sentence from 30 days to several years based on a suspicion of DUI charge. Judges typically have a lot of latitude on what they can do for parole violators. Rarely is it that they make the defendant serve the entire sentence on a minor charge.

For all we know, the judge could order him to go into an alcohol treatment for a month (potentially out patient). Or the judge could do nothing.

I don't get the logic of these idiots who get caught with a DUI...

He's not on parole.
Right, he's on probation. And simply getting arrested, even with the presumption of innocence, is a probation violation.

Another in a long line of great Patriots "value" picks....

Sounds simple to me ... you cut him because if you don't and he's involved in seriously hurting or killing someone in another DUI then there's no way to defend that you kept him.

The league's policy of a first offense for a DUI is two game checks. Yet, people think he should be cut for an offense that isn't even a suspension from the league.

I can understand cutting the guy if you consider this his second chance that he blew, but you can't cut a guy for a DUI. The broncos would have to fire half their coaching staff and front office if that was the case.

Ras-I Dowling has an opportunity.

I'm READY, Coach!!

movies-unbreakable-still-1.jpg

Shaughnessy's office floor has so much seminal fluid on it that he's doing the backstroke in it...

Maybe he can get the Braylon Edwards punishment of being benched for one play while the league waves their green pom poms and congratulates the organization. Seriously, does anyone remember that farce? They let the team do its own discipline?

Can't wait for the "don't jump to conclusions without the facts" crowd to have a go at this one. First line of defense will naturally be "blame the cops", though that didn't work out so well in his Nebraska trial. Once that tactic fails, the usual follow up rebuttal will include "blame the media."

I suppose BB can ship him off to Denver so he can get a group rate on detox.

Can't wait for you to discover a life and stop trolling.

This offseason man.....

jesus-facepalm.jpg

Do we need to sacrifice an animal or something to get out of this nightmare :mad::mad: ...for fcks sake , someone pinch me wake me from this nightmare.

Right, he's on probation. And simply getting arrested, even with the presumption of innocence, is a probation violation.

You are right there, but a violation of probation could get him anything from no additional punishment at all to requiring him to check in with his probation officer on a more frequent basis to alcohol rehab to being forced to serve the maximum for his crime. Odds are the judge will give him a light punishment.

Can't wait for you to discover a life and stop trolling.

Just congratulate him and the rest of their trolls on their Super Bowl win - a really bad offseason for the Pats - and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes