PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensive Tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sliplady
Since this is a **** thread that's been posted multiple times. I was wondering if you wanted to finally provide any evidence/proof, link for when you said this ...

Petrino specifically said he moved away from his traditional offense to fit Jackson’s talents because Jackson could not learn the EP. They tried the whole virtual reality thing over and over, but it did not click.

It really shouldn't be hard. You've had 3 months to find it :rolleyes::eek:

I found this video fascinating. Hindsight is 20/20, but I wanted to hear what you guys thought.

So this is why we gave up 14 pts instead of 0? Got it.

I don’t know if I’d go that far. Getting prison raped by Henry and allowing a back-breaking conversation to a TE out of Harvard played a pretty big part in the team taking an L.

Must have been one hell of a conversation.

@Sliplady
Since this is a **** thread that's been posted multiple times. I was wondering if you wanted to finally provide any evidence/proof, link for when you said this ...

Petrino specifically said he moved away from his traditional offense to fit Jackson’s talents because Jackson could not learn the EP. They tried the whole virtual reality thing over and over, but it did not click.

It really shouldn't be hard. You've had 3 months to find it :rolleyes::eek:

Pretty close.

Smart move using Petrino family motto to craft Louisville offense to Lamar Jackson

I watched that video a couple weeks ago. It seemed like nonsense then and it seems like nonsense now. The Pats did not lose that game because they got passed on.

I like that guy and he normally puts out some pretty good videos, but this wasn't one of them. I watched the whole thing wondering when he was finally going to make his damn point and he never really did.

Holy ****, you're serious?
Not even in the ballpark. That's generic coach speak for getting the most out of your quarterback. Playing to his strengths etc.

Where does it come even remotely close to saying Jackson couldn't learn his offense?

It doesn't. It just says Petrino dug into an old list of plays blah blah to get the best out of Lamar. Someone could easily read simplified into that which, imo, isn't far from the truth. Read option play after read option play using Lamar's athleticism to set up the pass or run.

But to your larger point, that doesn't mean Lamar is an idiot because clearly he's not. We've seen the read option stifle defenses during games now and then over the last few years but not like this. Imo, he's already proven the naysayers wrong.

It doesn't. It just says Petrino dug into an old list of plays blah blah to get the best out of Lamar. Someone could easily read simplified into that which, imo, isn't far from the truth. Read option play after read option play using Lamar's athleticism to set up the pass or run.

But to your larger point, that doesn't mean Lamar is an idiot because clearly he's not. We've seen the read option stifle defenses during games now and then over the last few years but not like this. Imo, he's already proven the naysayers wrong.
I remember reading that and every other article so I'm asking a lawyer question (one I already know the answer to. It's just amazing how far someone will go when have no clue wtf they're talking abt)
I'm not trying to be a DH but that's not even remotely close to not being able to grasp/understand the offense.
It's exactly what I said above, BP getting the most out of Jackson's abilities. You'd be a fool to NOT incorporate that part of his skill set into the offensive game plan.
In no way shape or form does that suggest Jackson couldn't understand and run his offense. You'd have to have an agenda to even insinuate that. Again not even in the same ballpark. Getting the most and maximizing your best players strengths is exactly what you should be doing as a coach.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but there's way too much bs and opinions passed off as fact these days.

Idk Idk Tony? Don't wanna give another blue collar a hard time ;)

Idk Idk Tony? Don't wanna give another blue collar a hard time ;)

No. Just saying you were right about Lamar but I understand why someone thought they simplified the offense for him.

Our season is over. Let's take a nap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back