PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense starting to speak up about offensive struggles

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
The next Coach will just have to allocate all the picks to Offense. The Defense is already Good.

They’ve lost three games while allowing under 30 pts total. I’d say « offensive struggles » hardly sums up the situation !
I read a stat that this is the first time in the Super Bowl era that has happened, meaning the first time in 58 years where a team gave up 10 points or fewer in 3 consecutive games and lost all 3.

Can't wait until they get accused of being malcontents

My hope is that the next coach coaches and the GM does the pickin'.
I am pretty sure the Krafts will not give another HC a Duel Role that is dead no man is an Island.

These were 3 winnable games.

The next Coach will just have to allocate all the picks to Offense. The Defense is already Good.
How could the defense be any good? BB is useless you can't stop telling everyone?

Bench these guys just like Butler. Can't deviate from the Patriot way, even if that means losing the Super Bowl.

apropos to this topic, guys on 98.5 were citing offensive #s. Prior to this Bill Belichick offense, the lowest scoring offense in the last 15 years was the 2011 Rams Who was the OC? yup, Josh McDaniels. It's really starting to look that yes, it was all Brady, and in fact, he had to overcome Bill Belichick and his coaches.
Bill Duplicitous Pond Scums offensive ranks in Cleveland: 25, 11, 15, 20, 16

The last four games were games penciled in as wins prior to the season. Now they are going back to playing good teams and some of the top defenses in the league.

The last four games were games penciled in as wins prior to the season. Now they are going back to playing good teams and some of the top defenses in the league.
Steelers and Jets to me are the last big tests for the Pats getting a good pick. Denver's defense is one of the best we will play all year, it's going to be a ****show regardless of the starting QB. The Chiefs at this point need to win this game because they are only two games ahead of Denver and they also are on the verge of the 4 seed amongst division winners. They need that game to have a shot at a bye or home game. I can't see Buffalo laying an egg again at this point. They are at home and will likely be in the thick of a wildcard race late in the season.

The Steelers game COULD be winnable with all their injuries, but they have a lot to play their asses off for. The Jets are the big problem. They won't have a single thing to play for that week, are just running out the clock on the season so they can get Rodgers back next year, apparently Wilson doesn't even want to play, and if we did pick up another win before then, then it's almost to their benefit to lose so they can jump us and get a nice pick for Rodgers next year.

Next year's defense is not this year's defense. They'll need either substantial picks or substantial cap allocation to keep the defense this good (or make it better, which is possible if the two best players come back from injury.

Ouch, good point. They just played some horrible defenses and couldn’t do anything. Now they have to play good defenses again. What the hell’s it gonna look like? Can they even get a first down?

Ouch, good point. They just played some horrible defenses and couldn’t do anything. Now they have to play good defenses again. What the hell’s it gonna look like? Can they even get a first down?
Ironically, they'll probably score more, but it won't be enough. This season has turned into a laugher.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back