PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deep Ball Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shockingly, Brady's numbers on deep passes get better when he gets OWRs who are better middle-deep threats. It's amazing that such a thing could possibly be true, I know.

I agree it's not vital...but it helps...like the threat of running. When a defense takes those options seriously...it helps a lot.

I agree, the more ways you can attack a defense the better. I guess my comments in this thread are more about the difference between the way I used to view the importance of the big time downfield receiver and the way I view it now. And that may seem contradictory given that I’m for the idea of a reasonable trade for OBJ, but that’s because I see him as a player who can attack a defense at every level, and not simply a deep threat. Once upon a time I was as enamored with the idea of getting the big play WR as a vital part of the offense, now I see it as more of a role player.

First of all, I'm not trying to downplay this or discredit the numbers because Brady didn't fare well.

Anyway, the more detailed breakdowns are kind of ridiculous. "Accuracy on throws of 26-30 yards. Wentz was amazing here." A sample size of six throws. SIX!

Hard to take the numbers seriously or draw any conclusions from them. Again, this is not about Brady (I thought his deep ball was lacking this year), more of just a general statement about the numbers overall.

Well it’s a fact that elite wide receivers don’t win super bowls (other than jerry) so gimme the 11 yard per play slot receivers all damn day with less chances of picks and more chances of moving the chains.

Well it’s a fact that elite wide receivers don’t win super bowls (other than jerry) so gimme the 11 yard per play slot receivers all damn day with less chances of picks and more chances of moving the chains.

You can count all the WRs who have "won" Super Bowls on zero fingers. The same is true of every single position in the nfl.

Teams win Super Bowls. And any claim that SB winning teams don't have elite WRs on them is a flat out lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe