PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Gameday Thread Posters

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, sane fans do not "do" the game day thread, dontcha know?

The gameday thread is just the long-distance equivalent of screaming at your tv. It's a moment-by-moment emotion meter. We'd probably do posters a kindness by treating it Snapchat-style and deleting after the game is over. :)

I don't mind it. I love our game day threads. You will not find the same passion anywhere else. No other fan base sees an opponent complete just a first down to move from the 25 to the 35 and cares as much.

The fan base though is pretty good at shrugging off really good plays made against our team. About 4-5 times a game a play is made vs us and very few complain about it cause we know sometimes the opponent just makes really good plays.

Too much chatter to keep up and watch the game also......Would rather concentrate on whats happening instead of pouring emotions out on an internet MB......Just my opinion :)

I prefer the chat. Much more interactive and useful IMO.

The gameday thread is just the long-distance equivalent of screaming at your tv. It's a moment-by-moment emotion meter. We'd probably do posters a kindness by treating it Snapchat-style and deleting after the game is over. :)
I've been with my girlfriend for two years on April 11th. Last night, she said that I was almost scaring her with how badly I was yelling at the TV. I told her she would have seen this sooner but the Pats didn't play the Ravens in the 2015 season. After the Slater fumble, her words were "wow... you're right... weird things do happen when we play them" (she's a newly converted pro football and, thus, Pats fan). Anyway, that's just how some people watch the game. Some people are way over the line, others just use it to blow off steam.

Most people were hysterical after those 2 fumbles, and rightfully so, but I saw a total of 2 people claim to turn off the TV and declare the game over. Might as well call them out individually rather than the entire thread of posters.

Please stop forgetting that we have the GOAT.

"Omg guys we are done"
"We lost"
"Our defense blows"

Have some faith.

This x100. There was one person that literally said the game was over and we lost when we were up by 6 with 10 mins left. Then continued to say how the game was over and he cant stand the team. Then celebrated the win like nothing happened.

People need to step away from the ledge and stick with your team. Nothing is over until the clock hits 0. Have some faith. Every game can't be a complete perfect curb stomping 63-0 damn.

There are a lot of Chicken Little's on there. Some were proclaiming game over and Ravens had won when we were up by six!

I plan to post a best-of gamethreads in the playoff BYE week and am already collecting posts for that. Maybe we can make a poll with the overreaction of the year or something.. the "can't stand it" award..

I prefer the chat. Much more interactive and useful IMO.

I haven't been in the chat room since the 07 superbowl loss. and i stay out of the game threads as well. Keeps me sane.

When something negative happens, first commercial break, I'll check out the thread for a few laughs. But I never follow any Pats game day thread because, you know, WATCHING THE GAME. :)

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. Except for certified Chicken Littles (we can give them a virtual yellow "non-contact" jersey), the posts delete themselves immediately. Especially that fool who "turned off the game" because we were so obviously going to lose but who then continued posting.

I plan to post a best-of gamethreads in the playoff BYE week and am already collecting posts for that. Maybe we can make a poll with the overreaction of the year or something.. the "can't stand it" award..

Nice, would love to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference