PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin - Pats fans are still the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In February of 2005 Tom Brady was 27 years old, had three Super Bowls, and was coming into [h]is prime. Now he's 35, still has three Super Bowls and is exiting his prime."

This Quote does stick out and does make ya' think a little.

Great piece by Magary. He did a similar one on EVERY fan base before the season, FWIW.

There's a lot of truth to his gripes. They've won 3 SBs and were two plays away from 5 in the past decade. They've been competitive every year. To the hypersensitive types who are complaining about this years 4-3 team, that's fine. You can be frustrated, but have some freakin' perspective. Magary's piece outlined "perspective" nicely.

(The Simmons ducking comments are inane. He goes through his reads, feels pressure, may misread the pressure and ducks. God forbid the MVP of the team tries to cushion a blow from a 6-5, 270 DE if he senses--rightly or wrongly--that it's there. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing and he senses pressure more often than not. Pats fans who subscribe to this belief must be insufferable to watch games with.)

simply obvious that this guy doesn't know AJ

"In February of 2005 Tom Brady was 27 years old, had three Super Bowls, and was coming into [h]is prime. Now he's 35, still has three Super Bowls and is exiting his prime."

I wrofe earlier that i enjoyed the article overall but you're right about this quote. I did NOT enjoy that little dose of reality lol. Just because we all feel he should have more and its not that fun being reminded that he doesn't.

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

Last edited:
I wrofe earlier that i enjoyed the article overall but you're right about this quote. I did NOT enjoy that little dose of reality lol. Just because we all feel he should have more and its not that fun being reminded that he doesn't.

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

Dan Marino - Zero
Warren Moon - Zero
Jim Kelly - Zero
Peyton Manning - One
Brett Favre - One

Some of the greatest quarterbacks this league has ever seen have won little to none. Its hard to win in this league.

Wonder what this guy would have said if he'd seen the Ras I-Dowling thread...

Dan Marino - Zero
Warren Moon - Zero
Jim Kelly - Zero
Peyton Manning - One
Brett Favre - One

Some of the greatest quarterbacks this league has ever seen have won little to none. Its hard to win in this league.

Terry Bradshaw- 4
Joe Montana- 4
Troy Aikman- 3
Tom Brady- 3
Ben Roethlisberger-2
Eli Manning- 2

But he's still not #1!!!! :yeeha:

Drew is a Viking fan ... tells you all you need to know about the pud - and Drew is a pud.

Are Boston Sports Fans Really THAT Obnoxious? | Boston Daily

This might be obvious, but how did you come up with Tommy from Quinzee? I imagine he’s gotten a lot of feedback over the years.

I have an old friend from Winchester, Mass. And he used to always go “FACK YOU!” I thought it was brilliant. So I just took his accent and melded it with every terrible stereotype of Boston fans. I should note that most Boston fans I know are perfectly normal, fun people. It’s not like I hate ALL of them. I just like goofing on the most annoying ones, because they get so defensive.

Oh for sure. Some franchises have never won a Super Bowl in their history. Most players never get a ring. Brady has three.

FOR SHAME. He shoud have single handedly smashed the six Super Bowl record it took the Steelers 34 years to own.

Then again, it doesn't really make you think.

He talks badly about Boston sports fans a little too much. I think there's a little bit of jealousy.

Very pro-Patriots read, and it's really funny, because the guy is trying so hard to be anti-Patriots. This is the delicious kind of hate laced with fear (and a little envy) that you only get from a plucky prey animal. He's absolutely right -- we do have some spoiled fans. So would the JEST... if they ever figured out how to spoil them.

:)

Patriots Fans Are Still The Worst

Screw Drew Magary and the horse he rode in on. He's even dumber than I thought.

Wake up, Drew. Patriots fans are genetically superior to all the knuckle draggers who support other NFL teams.

We're descended from John Adams, Paul Revere, Ben Franklin (born in Boston on School Street), the Endicotts, the Peabodys, the Lowells and the Quncys - the friggin' Founding Fathers. If it weren't for our ancestors the USA wouldn't even have football. We'd be British subjects working mines so the inbred grandsons of the Queen could put talc on their wigs.

Drew Magary is just a bitter 30-year-old loser who moved from New England to NYC to do stand-up comedy (which he sucked at), became a Jets fan, and then moved to Washington DC where he stares slack-jawed into an HDTV and sees the Redskins suck, spend ridiculous amounts of money, hire bad coaches and suck some more. No wonder he hates us.

He went to Colby College in Maine and he could have stuck around. But no. he was too good (or clueless) to stay in New England at the height of the Patriots Super Bowl run.

So now he's miserable and taking shots at us.

I got what you're looking for right here, Drew!

Last edited:
That Article was hilarious!! :rocker:

A third, maybe even an HALF, of our alleged "Fans" ~ I'm talking to YOU, PermaWhiners!! :eek: ~ are JUST like that, and I laughed out LOUD!! HILARIOUS Article!! :rocker:

It's funny because it's true. We definitely have some spoiled chicken little fans who will pounce on anything remotely negative. Like the reaction after the Pats beat the Jets in OT. It sounded like we fricking LOST the game. Hello, a win's a win!?

Wake up, Drew. Patriots fans are genetically superior to all the knuckle draggers who support other NFL teams.

We're descended from John Adams, Paul Revere, Ben Franklin (born in Boston on School Street), the Endicotts, the Peabodys, the Lowells and the Quncys - the friggin' Founding Fathers. If it weren't for our ancestors the USA wouldn't even have football. We'd be British subjects working mines so the inbred grandsons of the Queen could put talc on their wigs.

:rofl:

The team would be called the South Canada Loyalists and the game would be played without pads and helmets. (Oh, and you'd probably still be electing the inbred grandsons of a bootlegger ...)

:rofl:

The team would be called the South Canada Loyalists and the game would be played without pads and helmets. (Oh, and you'd probably still be electing the inbred grandsons of a bootlegger ...)

Good one, bro

Yeah, there certainly is that element of the Pats fanbase, particularly with the younger crowd...that element that has a sense of entitlement and never saw a Patriots team without Tom Brady...never saw a Patriots team that didn't win the division (save the year Brady got hurt). Never saw the Patriots teams that totally sucked.

I remember coming here after the Super Bowl loss last year, hearing cries of woe about how there is no other team with worse luck than the Patriots. This actually happened. Inexplicable.

The Patriots fanbase HAS been spoiled quite a bit. Some of the more old-timers are able to put it in perspective a lot more than the youngsters, who may be able to better appreciate what they had after it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back