PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DC Situation & Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vindicate

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
With the McDaniels decision settling the OC front, our DC is all but solidified. It seems most are suggesting Flores as a shoe-in.

So, without announcement yet, dare I suggest a thread that speculates other considerations as well?

Also, for the sake of a good thread, any one wanting to draft a profile of Flores and how he'd be a good DC would be awesome. Even if just a pros/cons list.

Aaron Glenn

Obviously has down a solid job with that Saints secondary, and reports are out (however legitimate they are) that he may be in the Patriots crosshairs. I guess I wonder - what makes him a valuable name with not a whole much of experience in terms of years? Or is it typical to get moved around quickly in coaching like that?

I don’t know if Flores will become the “official” DC of the team but Bill might keep him as an assistant HC/ defense type role where he’s calling the plays.

I don’t know if Flores will become the “official” DC of the team but Bill might keep him as an assistant HC/ defense type role where he’s calling the plays.

I wonder if this kind of set up may deter people from coming in as DC. While it's always asserted that the D runs through Belichick, maybe some names would want more control.

I was happy with the Schiano rumors because bringing an outside guy that already has kind of a name in the NFL/College (even if it's not a big name) would improve the chances of this guy implementing a new system and just inheriting a few things and terminology from this crappy system we ran all these years and lucked out twice.

Sorry if it's Flores it will be more of the same.

Last edited:
I too likes schiano.
What about the guy he was going to bring maybe we can still pry him away the linebacker coach

I was happy with the Schiano rumors because bringing an outside guy that already has kind of a name in the NFL/College (even if it's not a big name) would improve the chances of this guy implementing a new system and inheriting few things from this crappy system we run all these years and lucked out twice.

Sorry if it's Flores it will be more of the same.

I think Schiano is staying at OSU according to reports.

Until I see Schiano coach OSU, there’s still a chance. We just saw what happened last night. Hoping for Schiano and his nickel 4-2-5 scheme to come alive in New England

Didn't see it on first page, my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye