PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DB's last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

notex

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
first off, did bodden play at all? I didnt see him out there - Although I dont know the numbers to well yet and its hard to see the backfeild with the camera angles they give...If he was out there how did he look? I was really excited when we got this guy.

Also, how does everyone think the other young CBs did? I thought Whilite (Sp?) and Wheatley didnt look out of place at all and Pat chung /meriweather / sanders all looked good too.

Thoughts?

Bodden started with Wilhite. I thought Bodden was pretty good and Wilhite was very good. Wilhite just continues to really impress me and looks to be well ahead of the other 2 young corners at this point of their development in my eyes.

I thought Wheatley struggled and Butler was mixed bag, looking bad at times and great at others.

Chung looked very solid to me. Got burned once early on but showed nice speed to recover and made a very nice tackle to prevent what could've been a big gain and holding his guy to about 12 yards. After that, I thought he was great. Good coverage, hitting and blocking a FG plus coming real close to blocking the last attempt.

When you don't see a CB, it usually means he is having a pretty good game. When you see him a lot, it isn't usually for all good reasons.

i can tell wilhite has improved during the offseason, me being his biggest critic due to last years performance but i still think wheatley will be one of our top 3 corners boys

Loved how Butler shrugged off the PI call and then picked the XP attempt.

yep, tight coverage and great display of hands, he'd be a nice x or z in our offense as well...

first off, did bodden play at all? I didnt see him out there - Although I dont know the numbers to well yet and its hard to see the backfeild with the camera angles they give...If he was out there how did he look? I was really excited when we got this guy.

Also, how does everyone think the other young CBs did? I thought Whilite (Sp?) and Wheatley didnt look out of place at all and Pat chung /meriweather / sanders all looked good too.

Thoughts?

Bodden is #23.. I didn't watch the DBs much because of the camera angles, but I am almost 100% sure he was lined up opposite Wilhite and that they went at Wilhite and Wheatley most often in the 1st half.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54725/PHI_Gamebook.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey