PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 3 and 4 Training Camp Thread-Friday July 30th & Sat 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s generally how it’s labeled
Just seems redundant to use the two sets of labels to mean the exact same thing when we could use them to mean different, equally useful things. Plus, WRs line up all over the field now more than ever. Earlier, you said Edelman was just a slot receiver, but that's not even true. He got plenty of outside snaps. The staff found different ways to put him on the field regardless of which spot it was because he was #1 on the depth chart. That's what WR1 is.

Just seems redundant to use the two sets of labels to mean the exact same thing when we could use them to mean different, equally useful things. Plus, WRs line up all over the field now more than ever. Earlier, you said Edelman was just a slot receiver, but that's not even true. He got plenty of outside snaps.
Yes I agree for the Patriots. For the past 20 years that makes sense.

Last edited:
Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, & Zach Wilson (combined statement): We don’t need to correct mistakes. We‘d rather settle for our current skill level, rather than attempting to improve. We’re not going to be critical of ourselves and certainly won’t put in any extra time.

I like this thread, but there’s so much fluff with these Tweets. Heard the same stuff last year about Stidham. And it isn’t just the QB position: every player, save maybe a tiny few, are of the mindset to correct and improve.

Last edited:
Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, & Zach Wilson (combined statement): We don’t need to correct mistakes. We‘d rather settle for our current skill level, rather than attempting to improve. We’re not going to be critical of ourselves and certainly won’t out in any extra time.

I like this thread, but there’s so much fluff with these Tweets. Heard the same stuff last year about Stidham. And it isn’t just the QB position: every player, save maybe a tiny few, are of the mindset to correct and improve.
I heard a rumor that Cam is a great teammate.

The defense winning practice this early on doesn’t surprise or alarm me. Defense usually comes out ahead of offense early on. This is more about the offense working on its timing and some situational football.

And yet, by all accounts, he's caught the balls thrown to him in TC.. Shrug..
That’s great and all. But he’s done that before. He needs to catch the ball during games that actually matter. How’s the back?

Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, & Zach Wilson (combined statement): We don’t need to correct mistakes. We‘d rather settle for our current skill level, rather than attempting to improve. We’re not going to be critical of ourselves and certainly won’t out in any extra time.

I get where you're coming from, but come on man... can we enjoy the first few days of camp before we turn full sourpuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes