PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 3 and 4 Training Camp Thread-Friday July 30th & Sat 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously it's early, but based on how much money we were willing to spend on him and these camp/OTA reports, I think Agholor could put up similar numbers to when Edelman was the WR1. Maybe less catches but higher yards per catch.

Obviously it's early, but based on how much money we were willing to spend on him and these camp/OTA reports, I think Agholor could put up similar numbers to when Edelman was the WR1. Maybe less catches but higher yards per catch.
I feel like this needs a response...Edelman was a WR3 slot receiver that could play anywhere but excelled in the slot as you know. He may have been the most important / productive receiver often but that was from WR3 while 1 was a decoy pulling defenders down field. It’s semantics...all good.

I feel like this needs a response...Edelman was a WR3 slot receiver that could play anywhere but excelled in the slot as you know. He may have been the most important / productive receiver often but that was from WR3 while 1 was a decoy pulling defenders down field. It’s semantics...all good.
What is your definition of WR1/2/3? It seems like you're describing Z/X/slot, and I don't consider that the same thing as WR1/2/3. We already have the positional designations, so we can use numbers as a shorthand for who gets the most volume.

What is your definition of WR1/2/3? It seems like you're describing Z/X/slot, and I don't consider that the same thing as WR1/2/3. We already have the positional designations, so we can use numbers as a shorthand for who gets the most volume.
That’s generally how it’s labeled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back