PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Andrews Not Thinking About Retirement

I want fresh blood at center...someone with better size, bigger hands and more explosive leg strength. Andrews best days are behind him.
They need to build depth back up behind him up front, and along the line. Curious to see how that unfolds this offseason, and who emerges later this summer.

I want fresh blood at center...someone with better size, bigger hands and more explosive leg strength. Andrews best days are behind him.
eca501f82483cf063f73045316c8c2a1.jpg

He's not wrong. I'm the first to admit I love Andrews's attitude and tenacity as a player, and I've said a bunch of times his effect is underrated - especially in the ground game - and it was notable the year he was out. At the same time, he's also not getting any younger, so they do need to keep adding depth there.

And yet he speaks so highly of you
I'm not one of these blind bat homer fans that can't look objectively at our roster. I've been a Pats fan since 19 friggin' 60!! I'm not denigrating Andrews past history here...I telling what you I SEE when I watch our games and Andrews has always been WEAK against bigger, stronger DT's with explosive first moves. He's managed through the seasons to play good enough so that all his other skills come to the fore but NOW is the time to move on. Get Mac a signal caller that will protect his butt from here on IF Mac, indeed is the Pats QB of the future. If not, then ok....play Andrews until the Mac experiment is over and retool NEXT season...but make no mistake, this O line has been abhorrent the past few seasons. Playing Andrews along side Strange is an open invitation to defenses going beserk inside IMO and Andrews is showing up injured far more than in his prime.
I'm assuming Mac comes back strong under OBrien's tutelage and the Pats sign him to a new contract after this season, cementing his future here. If so, then I want a young center protecting his azz going forward.

I kinda wish he was we need to get stronger at that position he's killing me smalls.
The Sandlot Youre Killing Me Smalls GIF

You can find good centers almost anywhere in the draft, so... I would draft one with one of the 11 picks. At some point

You can find good centers almost anywhere in the draft, so... I would draft one with one of the 11 picks. At some point
Sure, the more, the merrier.

We could use a 3rd to compete with Hines and Russey. Perhaps, someone will finally beat out Ferentz for reps.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back