PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get both Revis and Cromartie can you imagine the Jets boards?

John Clayton was just on Sportscenter and in his Most improved team segment, he cited the Bucs and casually threw in that Darrelle Revis is making a visit to New England and if a trade can't get done there, he'll be cut.

Exact words:

"...Alterraun Verner who is able to come in as a CB and replace Darrelle Revis, who by the way is making a visit to New England and if he doesn't get a trade there, he's going to be cut."

Take it FWIW. I'm not sold it's true since Clayton has become pretty spotty and you'd think Schefter would be all over something like that, but he definitely said it and it's interesting if nothing else.

I agree re: Clayton's reliability; frankly I just don't think he has real sources anymore. I hope he's right though.

This. And LaConfora's logic is ******ed. If all Tampa Bay wants is a 5th, I think a lot of teams would be willing to hand that over already. Tampa Bay doesn't give a **** where he goes as long as they get his contract off their books. I thnk the Revis situation is way more complicated than everyone is making it out to be.

No team is going to just take the 16mil they're going to try and restructure 1st and then trade. He's already said he wouldn't restructure for the Browns or Raiders who have plenty of cap room btw. Revis knows where he wants to go and while money certainly plays a huge role in this, he isn't just chasing the money here and thats pretty clear.

If we get both Revis and Cromartie can you imagine the Jets boards?

Lol ... Cro is a shell of his former self.

Unless there was an undisclosed injury that he recovers from

... He was playing 10 yards off WR's last year and still getting beat.

I agree re: Clayton's reliability; frankly I just don't think he has real sources anymore. I hope he's right though.

Was he speculating on revis visiting the pats or is it really happening according to him?

Hip injury. Like Talib, he has recurring hip problems that flared up again last year. Originally injured it back when he played for San Diego

I think I heard something bout Cro playing through a hip injury or something, could be wrong though.

he isn't just chasing the money here and thats pretty clear.

:eek: wow :eek:

I think that is the only thing he HAS done since being drafted into the NFL.

I think it's more likely that Scarlett Johannson breaks down my front door and ravages me tomorrow than Revis doesn't take whatever offer out there is a penny more than the others.

I thought Cromartie was on a dodgy hip last season?

I'd take him and Revis as the #1 and #2 CB with Dennard in the slot. Cro should be cheap now too.

Was he speculating on revis visiting the pats or is it really happening according to him?
According to him, it's happening. My quote of him was word for word what he said. Went back on the DVR a couple times to make sure I didn't miss anything/take it out of context.

Now whether he has any clue what he's talking about...we'll see. But he definitely said Revis is visiting NE.

I think I heard something bout Cro playing through a hip injury or something, could be wrong though.

This is true ... I phrased my post incorrectly ... Was trying to say unless he can get that behind him before next season he is half the player he was when healthy.

Good post , thx!

According to him, it's happening. My quote of him was word for word what he said. Went back on the DVR a couple times to make sure I didn't miss anything/take it out of context.

Now whether he has any clue what he's talking about...we'll see. But he definitely said Revis is visiting NE.

If he is visiting its pretty damn big news. Wonder if they would be close on contract numbers that would get him to fly out there. Usually I assume they gauge interest over the phone and talk numbers...

Re: Darrelle Revis Available

Nothing on his twitter or anyone else on a visit. He is still technically a Buc He isnt visiting. Yet

Nothing on his twitter or anyone else on a visit. He is still technically a Buc He isnt visiting. Yet

Could he still visit being under contact with TB? Im guessing he could if granted permission by his team right??

Renegotiate Wilfork or cut. Cut Sopo. Trade Mallet for a 3rd.

Sign Revis, DRC, and James Jones.

Draft
DT in 1st
TE in 2nd
SS in 3rd
DE in 3rd
C/OG in 4th

Could he still visit being under contact with TB? Im guessing he could if granted permission by his team right??

If it's a trade that only happens with a new contract I'd assume a visit would have to happen. But has anyone seen this report anywhere else 'cause every reporter would be all over it.

Maybe? I wouldn't think so. But idk

Clayton must be a big fool to go on SC and say something like and have it turning out not being real. Like all others Im still waiting to hear it from a legit source.

Renegotiate Wilfork or cut. Cut Sopo. Trade Mallet for a 3rd.

Sign Revis, DRC, and James Jones.

Draft
DT in 1st
TE in 2nd
SS in 3rd
DE in 3rd
C/OG in 4th

So "all in" that the Pats aren't even going to have a backup QB!

I could be wrong, but I do believe it happens occasionally when a team wants to conduct a physical, etc, using their own measures prior to trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents