MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Revis is making 17 million this year.

A.J. Green now runs Revis Island, which looks like thing of past

How A.J. Green made a mockery of Revis Island | New York Post

A.J. Green embarrasses Darrelle Revis all day long in Bengals' win

AJ Green HEAD TO HEAD Darrelle Revis - Week 1

10 targets, 10 catches, 152 yards, 1 touchdown.

Andy Dalton had a 158.3 QB rating when throwing against Revis.

This is starting to look like one of Belichicks best non-signings. Surely Revis will bounce back, but he just isn't that same shutdown corner he used to be and he's only getting older.

to be fair, aj green is a monster and he made some ridiculous grabs.

revis will bounce back i think

He'll bounce back as soon as the Jets coaches realize what he is (and isn't). If you tell him to go 1 on 1 all day against a guy like AJ Green, he's going to get wrecked. If you give him the same assignments you'd give a good--but no longer great--CB, he should be fine.

Not really a good game plan to put Revis alone at this point in his career on a player of AJ Green's caliber.

From what I saw on one of the halftime highlight shows, it looked like Revis came over after another DB lost Green - and since he was closest at the goal line the initial reaction was that Revis got beat. Could be wrong and I'd have to re-watch, but regardless...

Remember when so many here (and elsewhere) were howling that Belichick had to had to had to pay Revis and retain him, or the team was doomed?

He'll bounce back as soon as the Jets coaches realize what he is (and isn't). If you tell him to go 1 on 1 all day against a guy like AJ Green, he's going to get wrecked. If you give him the same assignments you'd give a good--but no longer great--CB, he should be fine.

The problem is he's getting paid like he's the #1 CB in the league. He once was... but not anymore.

For the salary cap he's eating up, he should be on an Island all game.

For 17 million a year, no one should be putting up 152 yards on you and catching everything thrown your way.

But wait, AJ just waited for it to fall in his breadbasket and didn't go up to fight for it (a la drop some), he must suk. If he can beat Revis, Revis is definitely too old

Better 1year too early, than 1year too late.

Revis is clearly a step too slow to do the things he used to do. It may be age, but he looks a little fatter. Dropping a few pounds might help.

Revis Island was once a frozen wasteland nobody wanted to visit. Now it's a popular vacation spot to bask in the nice warmth and fresh waters. Book your tickets for a one week cruise to Revis Island now. Hurry up, tickets will go fast!

Revis is past his prime, he is not going to be able to keep up with younger receivers, he had some injuries and he lost lots of speed. He will still have a decent season most likely.

to be fair, aj green is a monster and he made some ridiculous grabs.

revis will bounce back i think

"I think" is what is missing from his contract.

The problem is he's getting paid like he's the #1 CB in the league. He once was... but not anymore.

For the salary cap he's eating up, he should be on an Island all game.

For sure, yeah. His contract makes him an albatross and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's cut after this season. He's nowhere near worth his cap hit, but at the same time he's also still good.

He's 31, so he should be expected to lose a step. It just shows how idiotic the Jets were/are to give him that contract.
It was basically their super bowl, I wonder how long before Revising moves to safety

For sure, yeah. His contract makes him an albatross and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's cut after this season. He's nowhere near worth his cap hit, but at the same time he's also still good.
Does he have a big dead money hit? I would assume so

I'll toast to Revis Island when Malcolm Mitchell or Chris Hogan repeatedly burn him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes