PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Danny Woodhead: Faulk 2.0??? (merged old and new)

Hell yeah, called this one early in the week, glad to see it happened. I like the guy, and think he could play some role here long-term. I see him as a homeless man's Kevin Faulk, sorta. I dunno if he blocks nearly as well (hence the homeless man, because that's one of Faulk's greatest skills) but he makes up for not doing anything remarkably well by doing a lot of things competently. And physically, he has all the tools to develop into a hell of a player.

the guy packed a wallop for his size on hard Knocks so i would think he can block

Re: Rapp: patriots sign former jet Danny woodhead to 53rd spot

I wonder why BB waited so long Maybe by signing him now, the day before the game, the jets obviously don't have much time to change up signals. If BB had signed him earlier in the week it would have been much easier.

Exactly....

dont know any thin about him....

I hope this does not foreshadow the demise of Taylor Price.:bricks::(

Price has potential.:)

Definitely not- completely different players with completely different roles. Woodhead is actually a RB, who, because he's small, quick, has good hands, and the Jets have nobody at WR, was forced into a WR-esque role. Woodhead is more of a Faulkish, Welkerish type, and is way too small to even consider playing outside. If he lines up at WR, he's playing in the slot, period. Taylor is a big, physical possession guy: he's a split end, plain and simple. As WRs, they couldn't be less alike

Man, I know I keep harping on this, but what terrible roster management by the Jets. They kept Woodhead for week 1 even though they could have used Clowney WAY more against the Ravens, then when it becomes clear that they don't have enough WRs (it was already clear to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together), they drop Woodhead and re-sign Clowney. In the process, they make it possible for the Pats to snatch him up and completely screw with the Jets' gameplanning the day before the game. The Jets made a dumb, unforced mistake, and Belichick is absolutely raking them over the coals for it. Man, I love being a Pats fan.

Last edited:

Awesome! A little gamesmanship and maybe a decent player as well! Go Pats!

PS - some doofus on Jetsinsider thinks the Jets should file a complaint with the league to look into whether the guy was with the Pats all week and why they waited until Saturday to sign him. ;)

Who wants this guy as a binkie? anyone.. anyone?? ;)

Awesome! A little gamesmanship and maybe a decent player as well! Go Pats!

PS - some doofus on Jetsinsider thinks the Jets should file a complaint with the league to look into whether the guy was with the Pats all week and why they waited until Saturday to sign him. ;)

I'd point out that interviewing a player in prior to signing him (or even without signing him) is perfectly legal, but I'm pretty sure that that guy abandoned any pretense of reason a long time ago.

Last edited:

from wiki

Pre-draft
Woodhead did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine so he had to use his pro day to show his abilities. According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds).

Hey now, that was NOT the best "pro agility" (short shuttle) time of 2009! Woodhead beat the combine boys, sure, but he didn't come close to Julian Edelman. :D

I wonder why BB waited so long Maybe by signing him now, the day before the game, the jets obviously don't have much time to change up signals. If BB had signed him earlier in the week it would have been much easier.

A perfect example of why Jets fans and other teams' fans hate Jedi Mind Master Belichick.

As a Pats homer, I'd like to see Danny become Kevin Faulk, Release 2.0, our future 3rd down back. Kevin is only an inch taller (if that) so Brady will not have to adjust his overthrows to the release back. :)

Danny is much faster than Kevin. Let him learn from Faulk. He already has Faulk's excellent work ethic. Perfect as a developmental RB. Punt returner. A great 53rd pickup.

Last edited:

Guess who's F**king with Rexys head?

Rapoport: Patriots sign former Jets RB/WR Danny Woodhead to 53rd spot

shmessy said:
Rappaport has sent along two wrong reports in the past two weeks - - including reporting a wrong scoop earlier this week from someone regarding this very 53rd spot.

Let's wait for confirmation from a more professional source than Mr. "Me, Myself and I" Rappoport.

Shmessy whats your beef with Rappaport. He said brady was going to sign an he did.. 2 days later ( so what if he was off by a year). Then Chris Taylor wasntold he was cut, then the Pats changed their mind. Stop making it out to be like he
Came up wirh fake stories. No matter how much you hate him for who knows what, everything he's reported has happened within a week.

Faulk 2.0!! Absolutely LOVE this kid!! :rocker:

GROWING UP in North Platte, Neb., Danny Woodhead was so taken with football that just watching the game on television and playing it in the yard with friends wasn't enough. When he was five, he scrawled numbers on the backs of his cowboys and Indians and then spent hours moving the plastic figures around the floor of his bedroom in make-believe games. Once when his mother suggested that he find a more creative outlet for his energies, he drew a football field on the living-room carpet with a green marker.

I would read the WHOLE article, though: Shunned by Division I programs, Danny Woodhead went to - 10.22.07 - SI Vault

* Athletic FREAK.

* Heart of a LION.

* ALL Go, ALL the time.

* ASTONISHING FootBall Instincts + Intelligence

* Above all: He simply Makes Things Happen.

He was BORN to be a Patriot. :rocker:

This JEST fan on gangreen put it best:

"Yeah because Belichick really needs extra info to learn about the art of the checkdown... "

:D

The next tweet:

RapSheet: I wonder if the Patriots will make Danny Woodhead a captain like the Jets made Kevin O'Connell last year...

i hope not.its stupid useless mind games.

"Yeah because Belichick really needs extra info to learn about the art of the checkdown... "

Hahaha! Love it

"He's not an easy kid to bring down," says Eagles coach Bill O'Boyle. "Everybody knocks him because he's so short, but he has bigger legs than our linemen."

Uh, oh. Crable just looked down at his scrawney chicken legs and collapsed, injured.

'...and Mark Sanchez completes his 20th checkdown...'

Peter King tweet.......That's amazing, the Patriots signing, activating Danny Woodhead. That is a shot across Rex Ryan's bow--and he will give Belichick Jet dirt.

next he tweeted that belichick reads the art of war book and this is an example. king forgets how the jets not only signed kevin o connell last yr ,they even made him captain.he is so much into rex ryan that he ignores what the jets do.

Did it work last year in week 2 for the Jets?

Yes. We screwed around with our offense because of it.

Welker's absence had a lot more to do with the offensive struggles than anything O'Connell could have possibly helped the Jets with.

Hey now, that was NOT the best "pro agility" (short shuttle) time of 2009! Woodhead beat the combine boys, sure, but he didn't come close to Julian Edelman. :D

Edelman had a better agility and shuttle time but he was in '09. I think Woodhead was in '08, but yes Edelman is quicker and more agile, but not as fast.

Anyone remember Aiken when we picked him up from the Bills and people said we would only keep him for one game? I don't think the Pats do the 1 game thing - this kid is pretty darn tough, quick and agile. Looks like the Faulk replacement although I expect Faulk back next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back