PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny sits on his hands again at the trade deadline.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
We have Brooklyns 1st round pick the next two years & Point Guards are the best players in the next draft.

Even with the Brooklyn pick, the Celtics only have a 25% chance at the top pick.

Considering our luck from the past, we will be lucky to get the #2 overall pick.

We already have a good PG, so I was hoping we could make a trade at the deadline.

I sure don't want another Jaylen Brown in next years draft.
He may be athletic, but he doesn't have a good shot & his defense is not good.

I guess I am just frustrated again at the trade deadline.

We have Brooklyns 1st round pick the next two years & Point Guards are the best players in the next draft.

Even with the Brooklyn pick, the Celtics only have a 25% chance at the top pick.

Considering our luck from the past, we will be lucky to get the #2 overall pick.

We already have a good PG, so I was hoping we could make a trade at the deadline.

Fultz can play both spots. He can be an enormous upgrade over Bradley in two years.

The 18 draft is loaded with bigs and forwards.

Your assessment of Jaylen Brown is premature and incorrect.

Fultz can play both spots. He can be an enormous upgrade over Bradley in two years.

The 18 draft is loaded with bigs and forwards.

Your assessment of Jaylen Brown is premature and incorrect.

What do you think of Jaylen Brown?
His defense reminds me of when we had the 18 year old Gerald Green & I am not impressed with his shot.

Would you draft him #3 if we could redraft this years rookies?

What do you think of Jaylen Brown?
His defense reminds me of when we had the 18 year old Gerald Green & I am not impressed with his shot.

Would you draft him #3 if we could redraft this years rookies?
His defense has gotten a lot better of late. There's a reason he's been the one starting in place of AB. Plus, defense is learned. He has the athleticism to be an elite defender eventually. Remember that he's only just turned 20.

His shot is a work in progress but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he won't continue to improve. By all reports, he's a very hard worker and extremely coachable. His per numbers are around 14/6 and that's playing a lot of his time at SG. I'll take that for a rookie.

And yes, I'd still take him 3rd. None of the guys the passed on is setting the world on fire.

you shouldn't be. the last thing i want them to do is make a trade that they don't believe in. they can still make a move in june when the price won't be so high. i didn't like any of the trade rumors the celtics were said to be involved in. im glad they still have the room to offer a free agent this summer a max deal.

His defense has gotten a lot better of late. There's a reason he's been the one starting in place of AB. Plus, defense is learned. He has the athleticism to be an elite defender eventually. Remember that he's only just turned 20.

His shot is a work in progress but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he won't continue to improve. By all reports, he's a very hard worker and extremely coachable. His per numbers are around 14/6 and that's playing a lot of his time at SG. I'll take that for a rookie.

And yes, I'd still take him 3rd. None of the guys the passed on is setting the world on fire.

I really hope that you are right & I am wrong, but I don't even see him as a starter.

I have a 10 game package to the Celtics & I am not impressed at all at anything he does except jump.

Tony Allen could jump.

you shouldn't be. the last thing i want them to do is make a trade that they don't believe in. they can still make a move in june when the price won't be so high. i didn't like any of the trade rumors the celtics were said to be involved in. im glad they still have the room to offer a free agent this summer a max deal.

That's the thing. It's far easier to make the wrong move out of impatience. That's what the mediots scream for, because not doing anything is 'boring'.

The rebuild has lasted 3+ years.

Year 1: 25-57
Year 2: 40-42
Year 3: 48-34
Year 4: Currently 37-20. Projects to 53-29. I'm willing to bet it's at least 55-27.

And a top 4 pick in the draft.
And almost certainly ANOTHER top 4 pick in the FOLLOWING draft.

This is how you build a 10 year contender.

Keep in mind that while they only have a 25% chance at the top pick, it's also substantially harder for other teams to pass them. Plus, this is an extremely deep draft. The worst case is Jonathan Isaac and I'm good with that.

Ainge aims and aims but never pulls the trigger.

Philly was practically giving away Nerlens Noel, and Danny couldn't come up with a better package than that which Dallas gave them? Bullsh!t.

Philly was practically giving away Nerlens Noel, and Danny couldn't come up with a better package than that which Dallas gave them? Bullsh!t.
whatever ainge does you will find a way to cry about it. its funny i thought you were the guy who wanted them to tank to get into the lotto a couple of years ago. well they are in the lotto. yet you are still crying. Nerlens Noel? the celtics arent beating the cavs with or without Nerlens Noel.:rolleyes:

So Danny shouldn't try to improve the team because they aren't beating the Cavaliers this year anyway? That makes no sense whatsoever.

they should trade for david lee lol.

whatever ainge does you will find a way to cry about it. its funny i thought you were the guy who wanted them to tank to get into the lotto a couple of years ago. well they are in the lotto. yet you are still crying. Nerlens Noel? the celtics arent beating the cavs with or without Nerlens Noel.:rolleyes:
Besides which, I suspect there was a certain amount of 'not in our divison/conference' going on there. In any case, they can take a run at him in the offseason still, if they really want him.

Besides which, I suspect there was a certain amount of 'not in our divison/conference' going on there. In any case, they can take a run at him in the offseason still, if they really want him.
there are always salary cap concerns too. and how that will affect the chances they have at landing another max deal free-agent like Gordon Haywood this summer. it can get complicated.

Last edited:
Danny will also have an additional $18M to use when Jerebko's, Green's and Amir Johnson's salaries come off the books.

Im in on Fultz. He can play both point and 2 guard. He can shoot and make plays. We are is desperate need of someone who can consistently shoot the ball

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back