PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a highlight on Youtube, where Amendola makes this sick, one-handed catch, amazing.

Oops, it's the first catch in this highlight film.

Not many highlights there.

Is it just me, or did they show the same four highlights, just changing the angle and putting a few in sepia tones :p

Certainly a speed upgrade

Tie vs. 49ers

In addition to the 10 or 11 catches for 100+ yards, key 1st downs and overall Welker impersonation of just getting open, he had a punt return down to the goalline called back (not sure how bad the penalty was that may have sprung him) and the 80yd catch to start OT called back by the left tackle lining up a foot too far off the LOS.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. Sorry for the music in the video, but it was the only video I could find that captured that tour-de-force performance that day.

Does Texas tech have some kind of slot receiver farm?

Edelman is a poor man's Amendola. Much better comparison than Welker.

welker-drop2.jpg
138677524_display_image.jpg
02062012-welker.jpg
images
butterfingersjpg-2a2f1642f984934b.jpg

Maybe Amendola can do a little better than THIS..../\
........................................................................|

welker-drop2.jpg
138677524_display_image.jpg
02062012-welker.jpg
images
butterfingersjpg-2a2f1642f984934b.jpg

Maybe Amendola can do a little better than THIS..../\
........................................................................|

Exactly, when did the drops occur, big games.

My point(s) is this...

Welker could go on to catch 110 balls from Manning, they make the Super Bowl and the Pats miss the playoffs with Amendola and whoever else they bring in either injured or ineffective

Amendola can come in and play the entire season giving the Patriots more speed to the outside and better YAC, Pats make the Super Bowl and Denver craps out with injuries to key offensive players...like Welker , Manning, Decker or Greesen

They BOTH play well enough to reach the AFC Championship game with both Welker and Amendola healthy...now what?...you gonna continue to cry over spilt milk if Denver wins? What if the Pats win, will THAT be the only possible outcome that will stop all this biatch crying?

It's WHY they play a season...it's WHY we watch...TO FIND OUT.

right now NOBODY has any answers, just speculation ...mostly based on emotional grounds...jeezus krist, it's March 14th...the Pats are a million miles from the team they'll be in August...NOBODY has a crystal ball that I know of that can see into the future.

Have to agree with Joker here, though it makes for a boring off-season.

Pro-Welker side: OMG OMG OMG do you have any idea how many balls he caught every year OMG OMG OMG how do we replace that production OMG Danny Amendola didn't catch that many and also he gets hurt OMG.

Anti-Welker side: Never caught 100+ balls before he came here, not by a long shot. Never will again.

Well okay, the anti-Welker side is somewhat undercut by the fact that he's going to Denver. But we don't know, and that's that. When we picked up Moss and Welker, the story that summer was that we picked up Moss and Stallworth oh yeah and some returner slash receiver from Miami that tended to have good games against us.

We also know that we catch lightning in a bottle sometimes, and fans get set up to think it's going to happen every time.

So, we're left in that beautiful state of quantum uncertainty in which our team is both the off-season champion and a decaying doormat, simultaneously.

Welker's next big-game-winning opportunity is both guaranteed to be according to his last few big games, and guaranteed to be an epic turnaround from his Patriots days.

Shroedinger's Catch.

PFnV

Biggest thing I've noticed from watching him v. Welker is that Danny is NOT a small receiver. He is not a big guy, but he is not a midget slot guy.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but he is growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents