PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that twisting catch with the ball all the way above his head... REALLY hard catch. Great play in a big spot
Anyone else think that ball was actually intended for Cooks? Glad Amendola went for it. Probably would have clanged off Cooks's hands or he wouldn't bother to lay out for it if he had to.

Does anyone know where I can get the official New England vs Everyone Hoodie?

The one Amendola had on.

I see some for sale on some sketchy sites.

There is no way to put his importance to words.
He is filling a huge hole, where "huge" players are missing.

He is clutch. Great to see him basking. Well deserved.

I've loved DA, from the 1st day St. Louie tossed him.

This team is stacked with very good players, as opposed to, 1 or 2 'Top pick" players.

Happy for Amendola and Dion, the most.

What about Troy Brown?
Brown belongs in the HoF, in my view. A disrespected position
"Possession receiver".
WRs get all the love.

Brown, Two things come to mind right away, well 3.
Standing wide left, nobody covering him,
waving his arms all alone.
Hey Tom, Free TD over here....

NFL Films of game he Played D, the quote from the other team bench
"its ****** troy brown..."
(how could we not possibly win?)

But the one i always think of, again surprisingly not a catch:
when he snatched the just INTd ball back from the Lightning bolter.

Most under-rated aspect of the Pats?

Toughness.
All the opponents still seem to miss this.
Rather, the fans do. And I dare say the Jags today too.
They have this image of Brady as "soft", and thus the team.
Wrong answer.

I said this last year after the Super Bowl, aside from Brady obviously, Danny Amendola may be the most clutchest Patriot of ALL TIME.
Well, there was a kicker named Adam Vinatieri.

He's a free agent after this season. I know he's gonna be 33 but he has a lot more. Hope we bring him back.

I hope so too. He’s had my vote since the display he put on Seattle. That fourth and ten against the falcons. The guys great and if it’s a play where you either make it or your season is over. Throw it to Amendola

It's crazy to think about how big a player he's become for this team. He came in under the impossible pretense of having to replace Welker. He had a great first game in 2013 against Buffalo, but injured his groin and was never really right again for a year and a half. 2013 was plagued with a bad receiving corp, and it almost seemed that Amendola became the perfect receptacle for fan frustration. Of course going into 2014 Edelman emerged as Brady's new trusted target, and Amendola didn't really get healthy again until the playoff run. The Baltimore game was the first time I think people started to recognize he could still play. His TD against Seattle got the Patriots back in the game.

In 2015 he established what he has become for the Patriots in the regular season: the #3 or #4 who can be dialed up for the "have-to-have-it" catch every few games. Some crazy catches against Buffalo and the Jets immediately come to mind. In 2016 this continued--but more importantly, during SB LI he was probably the most consistent wideout in the field. Everyone will remember the Edelman Catch, but the completion that came right after to Amendola that got them down the 20 yard-line was, to me, the absolute backbreaker against Atlanta... not to mention scoring on the biggest two-point play in the history of the Super Bowl.

Oh, and the catch on that out route at the start of OT.

Amendola was never Welker's replacement. Nor is he now Edelman's replacement. He is simply great as he is. If there's a knock on him, it's possible that the Patriots deliberately manage his reps during the season because of risk of injury... but if that means you get him at his best in the postseason, especially when there's no Edelman and Gronk is concussed, then who cares? Absolute greatness.

He was brought in to replace Welker but turned out to be the exact opposite from him.

Maybe not the great regular season stats but when TB12 needs a crucial play he can always count on him to make some clutch circus catches. In the last years the great comebacks (SB49, SB51 and this game) had ALL crucial hard DA catches.

Patriots Hall of Famer IMO

Ravens/seahawks/atlanta/Jax wins would not be possible if but for the clutch play of amendola.

it would be interesting to see someone put his stats together from those games
All against TOUGH defenses too!

Can we get a Danny Amendola's girlfriend appreciation thread as well? :eek:

oliviaculpo-5c8250ae-549f-4d3a-aec9-b4ee63a60531.jpg

Lucky son of a B*****ch

Some one said earlier that to anyone looking at just stats you'd go this guy? What was so special about him? Reminds me of Kevin Faulk in that you had to watch him play cuz while he didn't make a ton of plays it feels like EVERY single one of them was do or die if he misses this we lose kind of plays. It speaks volumes that on 3rd and 18 Brady is looking for him first. Incredible player and thanks for everything danny! Now go earn another new shiny ring.

I know DA is going to be 33 late next season. I think he has plenty left I have never seen a more Clutch Catch he has earned at least another year or two with us. Danny is like fine wine he gets better with Age. Danny played the Edelman role for us yesterday Julian must be proud.

Clutch
noun

1. Sports. an extremely important or crucial moment of a game:
He was famous for his coolness in catching in the clutch.
adjective
2. done or accomplished in a critical situation:
a clutch catch that won the football game.
3. dependable in crucial situations:
a clutch player.
4. Danny Amendola
r7obhu.jpg

In every sense of the word Clutch = Danny.:cool:

Rumor has it after Edelman tore his acl, Ernie adams figured out a way to transfer his squirrel power over to Amendola kind of like how the Monstars did it in space jam

mike kensil is on the case

Anyone else think that ball was actually intended for Cooks? Glad Amendola went for it. Probably would have clanged off Cooks's hands or he wouldn't bother to lay out for it if he had to.
i thought it might've been yes. i was wondering if someone had a route bust there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents