PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dancing on NY "Journalists"(Update on William C. Rhoden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're still prestigious and they're still the journal of record. Get over it.

Get over what? That it avoids the truth, unless its suits its particular agenda, like it would avoid the plague?

Mention the NY Times, and certain types start breathlessly praising it like enraged hippies.
It's NY Times Worship Syndrome.

Ah, I was wondering if you might have chimed in. What's it like being the biggest know-it-all on here? Do you enjoy it with your pretentious sig and your disgusting avatar? Opinion taken, not fact.

The Sacramento Bee? That newspaper is not in libraries for historical purposes all over the country like the NYT is. I know ALL newspapers are in decline, though, so it's not unique to the NYT. The internet has changed the delivery of news for good, so all papers have to either adapt or die out. There will still be people who buy print media but the question is for how long? No matter what, there should be a continuation of the "journal of record" tradition into the digital age. I understand a certain resentment of their self-proclaimed "journal of record" tag, but some people take it to a ridiculous extreme, hence the New York Times Derangement Syndrome.

Given that I had posted about the Times before your idiotic comment about the "New York Times factor", and given your condescension about the Sacramento Bee, which was just publishing on trends, I'll note your troll factor and pretentiousness, point out the irony, and leave laughing.

For those of us that like to come to this thread to read about what's happening with the Rhoden story, do you think the rest of you with political commentary can kindly go to one of the four kazillion other web sites on the internet where you can express your opinion?

Obviously, I'm not a mod nor the board police, but I really don't think this too much to ask.

For those of us that like to come to this thread to read about what's happening with the Rhoden story, do you think the rest of you with political commentary can kindly go to one of the four kazillion other web sites on the internet where you can express your opinion?

Obviously, I'm not a mod nor the board police, but I really don't think this too much to ask.

I'm with you PFinAZ. No thread hijackings and keep politics out of this forum.

Last edited:
Back to the subject - - it looks like the story isn't being picked up by the media brethren.

Unfortunately, Mr. Rhoden is going to get away with it without ever having to answer for his writing.

Last edited:
Back to the subject - - it looks like the story isn't being picked up by the media brethren.

Mr. Rhoden is going to get away with it without ever having to answer for his writing.

Maybe, but we will always have something to point to when the next hack piece (and you know he probably has it half written already) is published and show how little credibility he has.

Maybe, but we will always have something to point to when the next hack piece (and you know he probably has it half written already) is published and show how little credibility he has.

Eh, so what. We can point to something, big deal. He'll get away with it then too, without having to explain or apologize.

Sportswriters have zero accountability and can get away with anything.

Look at Tomase, look at Borges, any of them.

I'm a financial advisor - - there are 3 layers of supervisory jurisdiction, both in-house corporate and governmental, that I have to answer to if I don't do my job correctly. Most other professions have much the same.

But if you're John Tomase, you can falsely libel an organization and still keep your job! You can be William C. Rhoden and do what he did on Monday and never have to even answer for it!

Honestly, bostonsportsmedia.com was originally set up to be a public watchdog on the unfettered sportwriters, to keep them honest. Even that website has gone tepid and has mainly turned into more of a gossip channel than a real crusader for truth.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, Mr. Rhoden is going to get away with it without ever having to answer for his writing.

This doesn't really surprise you, does it?

Eh, so what. We can point to something, big deal. He'll get away with it then too, without having to explain or apologize.

Sportswriters have zero accountability and can get away with anything.

Look at Tomase, look at Borges, any of them.

I'm a financial advisor - - there are 3 layers of supervisory jurisdiction, both in-house corporate and governmental, that I have to answer to if I don't do my job correctly. Most other professions have much the same.

But if you're John Tomase, you can falsely libel an organization and still keep your job! You can be William C. Rhoden and do what he did on Monday and never have to even answer for it!

Honestly, bostonsportsmedia.com was originally set up to be a public watchdog on the unfettered sportwriters, to keep them honest. Even that website has gone tepid and has mainly turned into more of a gossip channel than a real crusader for truth.

But it does hurt his credibility. The fact that it was noted on MSNBC and Deadspin means that it was noted. So why it would be great if he was publicly lambasted it was doubtful it was going to happen. The firing of Borges, for instance, was the exception not the rule and even that was for blatant plagiarism and not the countless years of hack writing. Sometimes it takes more then one bad article to build the case.

Update 01/04/2011 Columbia Journalism Review:

NYT Sports Editor Apologizes for Column Switcheroo : CJR

"........But the ability to publish multiple versions, to put less emphasis on “definitiveness,” should not give news outlets license to erase the past, as tempting as it may be. Even in opinion columns. Especially not merely for the sake of avoiding embarrassment....."

Last edited:
Here is Rhoden's article. Posting it here so he can't get away from his lack of professionalism. You can write anything you want, but don't pretend you never wrote it.

Interesting how he omits that Scarnecchia worked for the Jets and Mangini before he went to work for Mcdaniels in Denver.

Let's hope William Rhoden* has learned his lesson. Will Arthur Brisbane be taking away any of his drafting privileges?

*caught cheating

Interesting how he omits that Scarnecchia worked for the Jets and Mangini before he went to work for Mcdaniels in Denver.

Don't you know that all that is good in the universe is from NYC? :rolleyes:

Rehashing Spygate 3 years later is just lazy journalism. The Pats broke a rule, got punished. End of story, but NY journalists, and a few national ones (Peter King) just can't accept how good a coach BB is and how good the Pats are, in a league that strives to create parody. They have to question his ethics/morals.

I love how no NY media member calls the Yankees titles tainted because Clemens, Petite and Giambi all use PEDs, with management turning a blind eye to it, but get disciplined for video taping from an unauthorized location and 10 years of excellence is forever jaundiced.

Lazy and hypocritical.

Don't you know that all that is good in the universe is from NYC? :rolleyes:

Rehashing Spygate 3 years later is just lazy journalism. The Pats broke a rule, got punished. End of story, but NY journalists, and a few national ones (Peter King) just can't accept how good a coach BB is and how good the Pats are, in a league that strives to create parody. They have to question his ethics/morals.

I love how no NY media member calls the Yankees titles tainted because Clemens, Petite and Giambi all use PEDs, with management turning a blind eye to it, but get disciplined for video taping from an unauthorized location and 10 years of excellence is forever jaundiced.

Lazy and hypocritical.

Frankly, I could care less about his "Spygate" opinion. It is the 100% wrong forcast he made hours before the December 6th game that he ERASED and REVISED after the 45-3 shellacking that is the point here.

Mr. Rhoden is a moral coward who spews out strong opinions, then erases them and CHANGES THEM when proven wrong. For this, he has been caught redhanded and sends his editors to offer half-apologies while he glides peacefully off to write his next "tell it like it is" column.

It's pathetic and he should be held accountable given the media pulpit he has.

Last edited:
William Rodent...Telling it Like it is.

Last edited:
A big thanks and hats off to shmessy for following up on this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back