PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Harris

I’m much higher on Harris than most here. He’s a role back, but a very good one. And although he gets banged up it’s largely a product of his role as an interior and goal line runner. I would love to see him back.

I’m a big fan of harris too. I wouldn’t be mad at all if we were able to keep him around at $3-4m. That said, id also like strong in a woodhead type role where he can handle carries as a change of pace/ spelling role and 3rd down back if harris moves on.

I’m a big fan of harris too. I wouldn’t be mad at all if we were able to keep him around at $3-4m. That said, id also like strong in a woodhead type role where he can handle carries as a change of pace/ spelling role and 3rd down back if harris moves on.

Unfortunately it now looks like he doesn’t want to return. Good draft for RB’s, there are a couple I really like.

Ahh... Then I misrembered... Though he had hit the injury report, missed a few games... Must have been just Harris
I seem to remember there was a game he was active but didn’t play much.

I seem to remember there was a game he was active but didn’t play much.
Oh well... This is one time I'm glad I'm wr-wr-wr- incorrect

Harris is great but its a contract year and he is too good to be RB2. Injured a bit much too.

I’m much higher on Harris than most here. He’s a role back, but a very good one. And although he gets banged up it’s largely a product of his role as an interior and goal line runner. I would love to see him back.
If memory serves his injuries are usually soft tissue, very often a hamstring. Not a product of running inside or goal line.

Big fan of Dame. Very physical, very vocal, beats his chest and runs right at you. Love the anger in his run.

That said - he is limited. His playing style and injury history would suggest the 'cliff' is coming at warp speed.

Good soldier when happy. Disappointed he's basically distanced himself from the pats and taking shots by retweeting anti patriot coaching tweets.

Best for all to move on. Hope he gets a nice gig in a committee where he can have another double digit TD season.

Do we even have a baseline for what "normal" is regarding injuries to RB's now? I wonder if it is close to the middle of the bell curve for 1st/2nd down backs to miss 1/3 of the games over a multi year period and by year 4 to be pretty much washed up.

I like Harris, but the offense needs backs who can catch the ball.
receiving is one aspect, but more important, we need a guy who is available... Harris just gets dinged up too much... with that said, if we re-signed him, i would not have been disappointed, i like him, and think he is a talented back who can really bust a run at times

If memory serves his injuries are usually soft tissue, very often a hamstring. Not a product of running inside or goal line.
Guy is taut as a bowstring. Makes him the explosive, powerful runner he is, but those hamstrings are ticking time bombs. Double-edged sword.

At this point it isn’t a fluke. Possible he gets a string of good luck, but for a guy who runs as hard as he does, combined with physiology and age, it’s highly likely he’ll continue to have soft tissue issues chronically as long as he plays. Maybe he could reduce his likelihood of injury with an altered training plan, but I worry that would compromise his explosiveness as a runner.

Harris is underrated. He had, what, 14 TDs in 2021? Then he spends most of 2022 injured, and the red zone offence is abysmal. Bring him back!

Harris isn't under-rated. His being injured had ZERO to do with the Red Zone offense being abysmal. That was ALL on Patricia/Judge.
Stevenson had 5 YPC DESPITE the horrid O-line While Harris was only at 4.4 YPC. That should tell you all you need to know.

Harris isn't under-rated. His being injured had ZERO to do with the Red Zone offense being abysmal. That was ALL on Patricia/Judge.
Stevenson had 5 YPC DESPITE the horrid O-line While Harris was only at 4.4 YPC. That should tell you all you need to know.
I don't think the OL was horrid in run blocking at all, but you're right that Stevenson is just more able to play above the level of his line. Both he and Harris averaged the same average rushing yards before contact last year, but Rhamondre was significantly better breaking tackles. My only concern is we've replaced Harris with a guy that has been worse than him in yards after contact for the past two years.

My only concern is we've replaced Harris with a guy that has been worse than him in yards after contact for the past two years.
Splitting hairs. Look at 3 years.

In 2021, Harris had a YAC of 2.3

In 2020 Robinson had a YAC of 2.5

In 2022 Harris had a YAC of 1.9

In 2021 Harrison had a YAC of 1.9.

In 2022 Harrison was coming back from a torn Achilles and his YAC was 1.2 w/ JAX and NYJ.

In 2022 Harris missed 6 games due to injury and had a YAC of 1.5

Both have a ton to prove as runners however Robinson has more upside because he is a superior pass-catching threat.

I like Harris, but the offense needs backs who can catch the ball.
If you are wanting a RB with speed, who can catch and get YAC, and can bust through the LOS.
Check out this RB from Alabama.

If you are wanting a RB with speed, who can catch and get YAC, and can bust through the LOS.
Check out this RB from Alabama.

With Stevenson in the lineup I doubt we spend our 1st or 2nd on a RB.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back