PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Harris

his contract is up? I thought there was one year left

well Rham is a much better RB but not bringing Harris back would possibly mean they will spend a pick in a RB in the draft around 3rd or 4th round and I would rather focus on some other positions in this range, but they have plenty of picks, whatever.
Harris is clearly the #2 back now. Yes he does tend to miss time here and there but I hope he comes back . Healthy hes a damn good runner.

Surprised? He spent more time injured than as a starter!

Why do so many ignore that and give him a pass, some while absolutely obliterating other Pats players who get like 1 injury. Sony Michel played MORE than Damien Harris did, and was injured less, but the narrative on this forum is that Michel was a bust made out of glass and Damien Harris is some All-Pro

Let some other team pay him a salary to sit in an ice tub.. no thanks
The Sony detractors point to his draft position and how a player picked after him (Chubb) have had better NFL careers.

If Sony was picked in the 3rd round people wouldn't be so harsh on him but would still complain BB didn't draft Chubb.

Makes sense but he can't carry the load and needs another equivalent feature back in tandem . Best bet would be to be here for next 2 years while Rham is there so that carries can be split and he can extend his career.
I’m going to guess that he feels like he can carry the load. He certainly wouldn’t want to be the clear number 2 back to someone getting 75% of the carriers. Even if he is used in tandem, he should want a place where he is getting 50% to 67% of the touches. Buffalo with Singletary (who can catch the ball, but isn’t a feature back) makes sense. Atlanta, Denver, even KC make more sense than saying in New England and getting 5 touches a game.

From a Patriots prospective, of course I want him back on a cheap contract. I just objectively do not see it as a great career move for him.

If they even want to entertain the idea of bringing Harris back, it would have to be a heavily incentive laden contract based on PLAYING TIME

but thats still not a good situation, i care more about having a reliable back that can help keep the wear and tear off of Rham... I don't care if we saved cap money because Harris got injured, when we need him on the field.

Harris retweeted this whatever the hell this means.

Both Rham and Harris have injury issues...

Harris has more value here than anywhere else. He needs to re-sign on a very cheap deal. Can’t stay healthy and isn’t a dual threat. Helluva runner when he gets going though, and provides great leadership to the younger RB’s in the room. Would love to see him back on a cheap deal. Sucks for him, but it is what it is.
Why does he "need to re-sign on a very cheap deal"? He's a good player and should get what he can.

Why does he "need to re-sign on a very cheap deal"? He's a good player and should get what he can.
Supply and demand.

We're now at the point in FA where the deals being handed out are 1-year, prove it deals.

The teams know their own depth charts and know they're about to go into the draft.

Why sign a vet now, knowing the draft is coming soon and the these vets will probably still be available till after the draft?

The young player will probably have fresher legs and be a lot cheaper.

Like it or not, Harris is now probably looking at a few weeks if not months of waiting things out.

Harris is underrated. He had, what, 14 TDs in 2021? Then he spends most of 2022 injured, and the red zone offence is abysmal. Bring him back!

Harris would have a better market if he wasn't always trotting off the field with an injury.

The Sony detractors point to his draft position and how a player picked after him (Chubb) have had better NFL careers.

If Sony was picked in the 3rd round people wouldn't be so harsh on him but would still complain BB didn't draft Chubb.
Who is he even in the league??
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Because I think that’s the same things ha gone else is going to offer him. If he has an offer on the table from the Pats (idk if he does) he should take that and see if he can put together a solid year, stay healthy and hit the market again next year. IMO, he’s a more value to the Pats kinda guy. By very cheap deal, I’m talking not starter money.

I’m much higher on Harris than most here. He’s a role back, but a very good one. And although he gets banged up it’s largely a product of his role as an interior and goal line runner. I would love to see him back.

I’m much higher on Harris than most here. He’s a role back, but a very good one. And although he gets banged up it’s largely a product of his role as an interior and goal line runner. I would love to see him back.
I love Harris. He runs hard, and aside from receiving he and rham are close to a toss up. But rb2 on a rookie contract (or vet min type deal) is the MO. Can’t overpay there.

D Harris will get a contract in June.

How many games has he played in? I'm asking,don't know off the top of my head
He hasn’t missed many.
Didn’t miss any last year and missed 5 as a rookie but not many if any were due to injury. 1 due to injury I think.

He hasn’t missed many.
Didn’t miss any last year and missed 5 as a rookie but not many if any were due to injury. 1 due to injury I think.
Ahh... Then I misrembered... Though he had hit the injury report, missed a few games... Must have been just Harris

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back