PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Dalton Keene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bumped the Asiasi thread from page 2, though it's still running slightly off-topic...

It shows he needs a nickname as worthy as Rambo.

For some senior moment I thought Devin sounded Italian because they compared AK and Gronk to them.

Just bumped the Asiasi thread from page 2, though it's still running slightly off-topic...
A thread here wandering off topic?

Surely you don’t expect us to believe that now do you?

Anyone else worried that DK’s playing style doesn’t lend itself to the NFL? He needs to learn to protect his body against bigger, stronger, faster players.

He plays football like a tight end. He is not a running back that will carry the ball 25 times a game. He is safer blocking a wide 9 DE /OLB than in the trenches.

He plays football like a tight end. He is not a running back that will carry the ball 25 times a game. He is safer blocking a wide 9 DE /OLB than in the trenches.
Yep...I still picture Keene as more of a traditional TE than as a Cordarrelle Patterson/Aaron Hernandez-type of chess piece, though I also don't feel he's ready to ass-ume Gronk or Dwayne Allen-type of in-line, early-down/short-yardage blocking duties either...

Yep...I still picture Keene as more of a traditional TE than as a Cordarrelle Patterson/Aaron Hernandez-type of chess piece, though I also don't feel he's ready to ass-ume Gronk or Dwayne Allen-type of in-line, early-down/short-yardage blocking duties either...
Have you watched his film? That’s exactly what he is; a Swiss Army knife type player. He doesn’t do anything at an elite level, but does everything that he’s asked to do well enough. Obviously, we’ll need to see it at the NFL level.

Have you watched his film? That’s exactly what he is; a Swiss Army knife type player. He doesn’t do anything at an elite level, but does everything that he’s asked to do well enough. Obviously, we’ll need to see it at the NFL level.
He's not running sweeps or quick-hitters or anything else in the NFL...He's going to catch passes & block like, you know, Tight Ends do...

Keene looks like a JAG and has JAG numbers,

Kittle had JAG numbers (in college) but looked like an elite athlete. Like I mentioned before, the guy is as fast (if not faster) as our 1st rd bust of a WR.

If BB had drafted Kittle, you would have called him a workout warrior and would have posted "If he was actually good at football, they would have used him more. Another wasted pick by Belichick". Douches gonna douche.

If BB had drafted Kittle, you would have called him a workout warrior and would have posted "If he was actually good at football, they would have used him more. Another wasted pick by Belichick". Douches gonna douche.

Terrible example. I am from Iowa so I was well aware of the elite athleticism Kittle possessed for the TE position, despite his limited production. Dalton Keene is not that type of athlete.

To counter your point...I am optimistic with Asiasi. In the limited video there is on him, you see him constantly beating defenders in man coverage, and it looks fairly easy to him. Contrast that with the limited video on Keene. You simply don't see DK doing that. He'll sneak out into the flat, find a soft spot in a zone or he'll be completely left alone. He seems like a high effort guy, but a very limited player.

Terrible example. I am from Iowa so I was well aware of the elite athleticism Kittle possessed for the TE position, despite his limited production. Dalton Keene is not that type of athlete.

To counter your point...I am optimistic with Asiasi. In the limited video there is on him, you see him constantly beating defenders in man coverage, and it looks fairly easy to him. Contrast that with the limited video on Keene. You simply don't see DK doing that. He'll sneak out into the flat, find a soft spot in a zone or he'll be completely left alone. He seems like a high effort guy, but a very limited player.

Oh, you are from Iowa. That explains a lot of things, and may add to the speculation by others (surprisingly not me) that you are not really a Pats fan. Can you screenshot some of your posts from 2017, demonstrating that you pounded the table for the Pats to draft Kittle?

So you’ve consistently called DK a jag but have limited film to make this assessment? I mean you could’ve just went the other way on your Asiasi take and said I’m not optimistic on DK based on limited film but you decided to take it further than that.

So you’ve consistently called DK a jag but have limited film to make this assessment? I mean you could’ve just went the other way on your Asiasi take and said I’m not optimistic on DK based on limited film but you decided to take it further than that.

Exactly. Any absolutes, positive or negative, about draft picks shouldn't be taken seriously, really until early to mid year two. Labeling anyone a JAG or a wasted pick before they even step on the practice field just shows that he and others like him are not serious posters (or morons/fools/douchebags, if you prefer those labels).

I did, but I always preferred and focused on one specific non-team sport.

This means:

A. Not athletic.
B. Dislike by teammates (just like you are disliked here).
C. Both A and B.

Just for some clarification for the guys who only base their thoughts on Keene as a player based on stats.

Keene was 4th and 3rd on the team in receptions the last 2 years, with 28 & 21 catches respectively. Two years ago, the top pass catcher had 51 catches. Last year, the top pass catcher had 34 catches. This was not an explosive passing team. The Patriots have a good offense, he will be used more as a pass catcher.

Oh, you are from Iowa. That explains a lot of things, and may add to the speculation by others (surprisingly not me) that you are not really a Pats fan. Can you screenshot some of your posts from 2017, demonstrating that you pounded the table for the Pats to draft Kittle?

Originally from MA (Concord). Family lived on "White Row" on the prison grounds.

I never "pounded the table" for Kittle, but I would not have been let down if they drafted him in the 5th. Drafting a highly athletic player with little production (in the 5th) is much more acceptable than drafting a JAG athlete with little production (in the 3rd).

Show me a clip of DK beating a defender in man. If you can find 3, I'll be shocked. Same complaint I have with Harry.

Show me a clip of DK beating a defender in man. If you can find 3, I'll be shocked. Same complaint I have with Harry.

All of his film is scattered in this thread for all to see. The player DK ends up being for us is unknown at this point, no need to call him anything until he has an NFL body of work.

Keene's highlight vids show the kid was mostly getting catches out of the Hback and moving TE spots. I don't think the kid is a traditional TE. Him and Vitale are basically fighting for the same role. Vitale isn't a good blocking FB he's a pass catching Hback, and Keene video shows he's also not a traditional TE but more of a HBack and moving TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down