PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutdown Day: PATS DISCUSSION thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels both believe Branch has nothing left to offer the team compared to the WR's currently on the roster.

Maybe so but are you telling me the young guns look like a better Brady safety blanket than Branch? Don't think so.

I think BB and JM are looking at a reciever somewhere in the league that's on the trading block that might be younger and just as reliable as Branch because i personally don't see one after Wes and Lloyd.

OR like you said they are going all out with this youth at WR project.

Last edited:
Maybe so but are you telling me the young guns look like a better Brady safety blanket than Branch? Don't think so.

I think BB and JM are looking at a reciever somewhere in the league that's on the trading block that might be younger and just as reliable as Branch because i personally don't see one after Wes and Lloyd.

I think Brady threw off the oppressive shackles of the Branch safety blanket last year.

Even as far back as the Jets playoff game.

Unless the question is "which of the following receivers are still on the Patriots' roster as of this moment:

a) Jesse Holley
b) Deion Branch
c) Jabar Gaffney
d) Donte Stallworth
Jeremy Ebert has greater potential than Jesse Holley.

Unless the question is "which of the following receivers are still on the Patriots' roster as of this moment:

a) Jesse Holley
b) Deion Branch
c) Jabar Gaffney
d) Donte Stallworth

And even then you could argue that the answer is technically "a)" and not Jessey Holley.

11 down, 11 to go

Branch
Hoyer
Koppen
Ihedigbo
Martin
Lavarias
Brown
Kettani
Kopa
Weems
Silvestro

Last edited:
I could have swore we were doing that already :D

Well, ya, not really a backup plan is it?:)

Went through this on another thread.....but.....how many plays are there for Branch on this team when you have 4 stud receivers in Welker, Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez?

Guys like Demps, Ebert/Edelman, Shiancoe/Fells, Gaffney (I believe he returns) will all be situational mismatch guys who will have limited (but important) snaps.

Given the difficulty WR's have had pciking up this O Why do you think we can pick up someone off the street who will contribute without any OTA/minicamps/TC to learn the O and develop Chemistry and trust with Brady?

The roster is what it is.

We could see Branch or Gaffney back but Jerry Rice isn't walking through the door to save the day.

12 down, 10 to go

Branch
Hoyer
Koppen
Ihedigbo
Martin
Lavarias
Brown
Kettani
Kopa
Weems
Silvestro
Tarpinian

Given the difficulty WR's have had pciking up this O Why do you think we can pick up someone off the street who will contribute without any OTA/minicamps/TC to learn the O and develop Chemistry and trust with Brady?

The roster is what it is.

We could see Branch or Gaffney back but Jerry Rice isn't walking through the door to save the day.

If this offense is as impossible to grasp as you seem to be implying, the Patriots need to scrap it.

11 down, 11 to go

Branch
Hoyer
Koppen
Ihedigbo
Martin
Lavarias
Brown
Kettani
Kopa
Weems
Silvestro
Potential final 11 cuts:

Dennis
Forston
Harrison
Holley
Koutouvides
Moore
Rivera
Shiancoe
Taylor
Urban
Waldron
Warren
White
Williams

Potential final 11 cuts:

Dennis
Forston
Harrison
Holley
Koutouvides
Moore
Rivera
Shiancoe
Taylor
Urban
Waldron
Warren
White
Williams

98.5 says Schiancoe's been cut

I'm glad Branch is gone. He's slow and doesn't have the heart. He's proven he's great at disappearing and coming up small.

Updated Potential Practice Squad:

Ebert
Kettani
Kopa/Weems
Silvestro
Tarpinian

Last edited:
Sergio Brown was terrible. He was arguably the worst player on arguably the league's worst secondary. I think we all wish him well…just not wearing our team's uniform.
If he had stayed on the roster despite all the recent drafting of DBs, I think I would have lost it.

But that wasn't the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back