PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Why can't we see that the Patriots are in a league of their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they are if you're looking at the last 16 years. At the NFL Circus every other team has earned anywhere from zero to maybe one or two raffle tickets in the "who can win the SB this year" lottery while the Pats have had fourteen or fifteen tickets and have cashed in on six of them and won the grand prize four times. :D

I wasn't lol. Just this year.

AFCE has been a terrible division though compared to the rest. None of the teams in our divsion have had that "one off" great year like so many others. Steelers have been 15-1 and 12-4 several times. Mannings Colts.. then on top of that The Charges had come up with a 14-2, a 13-3, and a 12-4 year. Even Tennessee had a 13-3 year and a 12-4 year during this stretch of Brady's career.. So have the freaking Jaguars been 12-4. All of our AFCE competitions greatest years have been 9-7, 10-6, and 11-5 on 2 different occasions. The Pats never have any competition to win this division, and in the last 7 years the bye week.

EDIT:not to mention the Broncos. they were 13-3 with Jake Plummer once

It's a little harder for the other teams to have great records when they each have to play the Patriots twice. You are essentially counting the Patriots' own success against these teams against them.

I can't say I agree. I think the pats are a very good team. Not leaps and bounds above everyone else.

Look at what the NFL* has taken from the Pats to try and bring them back to the pack.

Also, since the Pats became the flagship team of the league, every, and I mean EVERY game is a game that the other team is up for. The Pats do not get a breather.

I read a comment from a Broncos fan responding to a Pats fan, where he pointed out that, as reigning SB champion, they get every team's best effort.

I disagree with that, I highly doubt that the Broncos got the consistent effort from opponents. It is one thing to be the reigning SB champion, where everyone knows luck, injuries, and timing play a huge role. Just being the reigning SB champion does not make you the measuring stick that other teams use to see where they stand. The Pats are the league's measuring stick, and have been for a while.

I just watched the whole movie and didn't see them in it at all

"Hey Broncos. There's no crying in football"

Edit to add" "Hey Ward.......There's no flexing in football"

Edit to add" "Hey Ward.......There's no flexing in football"

There is, but only if you scored in a Super Bowl and are ahead.

1107771978_8959.jpg

Love Curran, hits it spot on. He is probably the only one of the Patriots Media that consistently defends/praises them.

Not true. I've lost a little respect for Curran, as it seems he's occasionally got sucked into the " I have to trash the pats a bit , even if its unmerited, just to show I'm not a homer".
Not on the level of the other clowns, but once in a while. Thats not professional.
Reiss is in a class by himself. Always thoughtful, always professional, breaks more Pats news than all the rest put together. And probably holds back on more news than anyone- making sure he's RIGHT as opposed to being FIRST.
And its pretty obvious Belichek, Brady et al trust him more than anyone else. I don't care if he's only 3' tall or works for ESPN, he "does his job". Btw- not including expats like Chatham and bruschi who are just superb x's and o's guys. Could watch/read those dudes for hours.

I wasn't lol. Just this year.

That's how I look at it. Every year a few teams rise to the top while others fall but the Pats have somehow remained on top for just about every year for the last 16. With some luck in the health department they usually have a good chance to win it all. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't but they are always in the conversation which is something no other team can say.

Not true. I've lost a little respect for Curran, as it seems he's occasionally got sucked into the " I have to trash the pats a bit , even if its unmerited, just to show I'm not a homer".
Not on the level of the other clowns, but once in a while. Thats not professional.
Reiss is in a class by himself. Always thoughtful, always professional, breaks more Pats news than all the rest put together. And probably holds back on more news than anyone- making sure he's RIGHT as opposed to being FIRST.
And its pretty obvious Belichek, Brady et al trust him more than anyone else. I don't care if he's only 3' tall or works for ESPN, he "does his job". Btw- not including expats like Chatham and bruschi who are just superb x's and o's guys. Could watch/read those dudes for hours.

I haven't lost any respect for Curran because he has for the most part been a voice of reason especially during defamegate. A few miscues can be forgiven. imo. But I do agree that Reiss, Chatham, Bruschi are on the top of the list.

OT: I just picked up Reiss's Troy Brown book but haven't read it yet because my son swiped it from me. :D

The clown car trio are fixated with building defenses to stop Brady ....buying over priced DL to pressure the GOAT. Unfortunately, their roster builds are too narrowly focused on one team and too often match up poorly with their other 14 opponents. BB, Brady, and the Pats have consumed their every thought (see Wrecks).
The trio do win the off season more often than not...(just ask Wrecks)

The clown car trio are fixated with building defenses to stop Brady ....buying over priced DL to pressure the GOAT. Unfortunately, their roster builds are too narrowly focused on one team and too often match up poorly with their other 14 opponents. BB, Brady, and the Pats have consumed their every thought (see Wrecks).
The trio do win the off season more often than not...(just ask Wrecks)

Such a simple philosophy: "If we can sack Brady 20 times a game we'll win". "Geez it just might work Rob"

Yeah I'm not sure about that. Not saying you're wrong but I do wonder if those "transcendent" seasons would be possible if the Patriots were in those respective divisions. Brady has a .500 or better record against every team in the league. Which leaves me to wonder that if the Pats were in the AFC South or North would they have similar winning records and leave some of those "transcendent" teams with a few more losses.
in several of those transcendent years the Pats had worse records than those teams but at least one sometimes multiple games.. (2005, 2006, 2009, 2012 are a few examples) No one in the AFC East has taken advantage of the couple down Pats year. (We won the division anyway both times we went 10-6.)

I haven't lost any respect for Curran because he has for the most part been a voice of reason especially during defamegate. A few miscues can be forgiven. imo. But I do agree that Reiss, Chatham, Bruschi are on the top of the list.

OT: I just picked up Reiss's Troy Brown book but haven't read it yet because my son swiped it from me. :D
Yeah I still put Curran above 99% of the others, except Reiss and maybe howe.He still comes up with good stuff. I guess I'd say I'm just a little disappointed in him.
I've followed him from back in his projo days before Brady ever took a snap. For years, Curran and Reiss were the 2 best guys covering the Pats and I always viewed them as equals. I don't anymore. I still like Curran, just not like before. Maybe its the radio/TV gig- can hurt reporters as they start going for sound bites and hot takes. F that crap.

I can't say I agree. I think the pats are a very good team. Not leaps and bounds above everyone else.

Its the NFL its just a 1 game series in the playoffs anything can happen.. a couple of muffed punts.. a linement hits the quarternback as he throws a pick.. I mean with 22 guys on the field so many things can go wrong on any given play.

Were the Pats in 2007 head and shoulders above everyone else in the league? They went 16-0 and broke records.. and then lost to a lucky team in the Super Bowl.

My point is the Pats are the cream of the crop this year. By how much ? only time will tell.

It's a little harder for the other teams to have great records when they each have to play the Patriots twice. You are essentially counting the Patriots' own success against these teams against them.
There is no denying the AFC East is pretty bad usually. I was looking back 3 years ago and ALL the other three were UNDER 500... it is actually worse than I thought. Every once in a while one goes 10-6 or 11-5 but it is rare.

That is because he is never critical of the team, so Reiss is the ultimate homer on the Pats it is embarassing. I think Curan is overrated anyway. His "angle" of being slightly goofy has got old, whether he is homer or not. You actually don't want anyone to be a "homer" anyway. Just don't be negative on purpose to create your niche angle.

Its the NFL its just a 1 game series in the playoffs anything can happen.. a couple of muffed punts.. a linement hits the quarternback as he throws a pick.. I mean with 22 guys on the field so many things can go wrong on any given play.

Were the Pats in 2007 head and shoulders above everyone else in the league? They went 16-0 and broke records.. and then lost to a lucky team in the Super Bowl.

My point is the Pats are the cream of the crop this year. By how much ? only time will tell.
Pats have the advantage, and will get the full advantage next week, and it should help. They have earned it over the season. However, absolutely anything can happen from this point forward, and noone should ever be shocked (anymore) if it does.

That is because he is never critical of the team, so Reiss is the ultimate homer on the Pats it is embarassing. I think Curan is overrated anyway. His "angle" of being slightly goofy has got old, whether he is homer or not. You actually don't want anyone to be a "homer" anyway. Just don't be negative on purpose to create your niche angle.

That is pure ********. Reiss is and has been critical when its warranted.
But be real- how often in the BB/TB era has it ever been warranted?
What's embarrassing is your post- calling him a homer. Don't think you know the meaning of the word. He doesn't gush over the Patriots. And he never jumps to conclusions.
The Patriots are still involved in the greatest 15 year run in NFL history. There just hasn't been that much to be negative about. Being negative just for the sake of being negative makes you a clown.
Cmon man, you're better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye