PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran relives Katzenmoyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto.

Nice, but sad, story. He was a helluva linebacker and athlete. Wish we still had him.

"The Patriots were the 32nd best team in the league"... they were so bad, in fact, that they were worse than the Texans, who would not enter the league until the following year.

That should've been caught by an editor or something.

Last edited:
"The Patriots were the 32nd best team in the league"... they were so bad, in fact, that they were worse than the Texans, who would not enter the league until the following year.

That should've been caught by an editor or something.

I would have thought the fact that they drafted in the #6 slot that year would have proven that wrong also.

I always thought that Big Cat was a good guy. He's been mistreated by the media and some people on this board. He was doing a good job at LB until he got injured. Not great, but certain good and getting better.

I'll never forget when the camera caught a close up of the scar on his neck after the operation, it was big and ugly. He made the right choice by giving up the game.

I always thought that Big Cat was a good guy. He's been mistreated by the media and some people on this board. He was doing a good job at LB until he got injured. Not great, but certain good and getting better.

I'll never forget when the camera caught a close up of the scar on his neck after the operation, it was big and ugly. He made the right choice by giving up the game.

Amen. Alot of people here questioned his commitment and fortitude which was just wrong given his injury.

Must have been that much more painful to see the Pats go on that run since he left the team but no one said life is fair.

Amen. Alot of people here questioned his commitment and fortitude which was just wrong given his injury.

Yes. They shouldn't. Spinal injuries are no joke. Another good article from TC.

From the end of the article:

A native of Southeastern Massachusetts (aka God's Country), Curran ...

Southeastern Massachusetts is God's Country? I grew up in New Bedford, lived outside Fall River and Brockton, and ever once did I ever think of Southeastern Massachusetts as God's Country.

Southeastern Massachusetts is God's Country? I grew up in New Bedford, lived outside Fall River and Brockton, and ever once did I ever think of Southeastern Massachusetts as God's Country.

Hey Space -
Did you read the REST of that? It was clearly tongue in cheek.

Tom Curran said:
A native of Southeastern Massachusetts (aka God's Country), Curran appears a little too often on Boston's top sports radio station WEEI. When not flapping his gums he breaks up fights between his three sons and goes to the driving range to "get his mind right."

Note where he makes fun of himself for appearing on WEEI and for talking to much.

Great article. Saw someone take a shot at Katz the other day and thought, "I bet his life's a lot better being able to walk".

I couldn't help LOL when I read your response!

Wouldn't the Cape be Southeastern Mass.?

Wouldn't the Cape be Southeastern Mass.?

Yes, we are part of Southeastern Mass and proud of it!

Thanks for posting the article; I only knew bits and pieces about what happened, so I'm glad to get more information. I don't blame him for walking away-health is more important. I wish him only the best.

I really thought that he was going to be a huge stud here.

I remember when the Pats played the Dolphins and he made that interception for a touchdown.

That was a good game.

Big Cat

I always thought that Big Cat was a good guy. He was doing a good job at LB until he got injured. Not great, but certain good and getting better.

well said, i agree with you.

I like that area a whole lot. I've eaten lots of good food in those two towns, and horseneck beach is one of the prettiest beaches on the ENTIRE east coast, if you ask me. And I've been to them up and down the coast.

I think I would consider Plymouth, Duxbury, and that area more Southeast and that is beautiful country.:p

all country is God's country

hey spacecrime, i lived in FR for 6 years and loved it.
spent large amounts of time in newport.
horseneck beach is my all-time favorite in new england.
i enjoyed the people.
IMHO waking up in the morning and smelling ocean air is priceless.

Look at how hard it was for Ted Johnson to make decisions about his own health.

Katzenmoyer was unprofessional in the suddenness of how he disappeared, but he deserves a COMPLETE pass for that.

I'm glad he's been able to get on with his life, past the woulda coulda shouldas.

At least he made a few bucks, which surely has eased the decision to get into a low-paid career doing something he likes.

One thing -- he obviously didn't feel a lot of urgency about getting his degree. Probably he just took one course per term for a number of terms. That said -- my mother once tried to finish her degree at Ohio State. It didn't seem like they had an impressive support structure for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes