PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran Knows Something

tom curran need to keep his mouth shut...

i can see it now ... TC is going to tip our pick two weeks before the draft, and washington will steal our binkie
Why on earth would Washington change who they pick based on who they heard the Pats like?

Full consensus, Excellent.
Back to the SB in no time !

This article from last year at this time gives me giggles
The Carolina Panthers made the biggest potential franchise-changing move of this year's NFL offseason. But the chance to finally set things straight is completely different than making the right choice when the time comes to make a final decision.
By selecting Ohio State's C.J. Stroud with this year's first overall pick, the Panthers will have finally landed their long-awaited franchise quarterback. In doing so, Carolina should turn into a dark-horse contender in the NFC for this upcoming season and a long-term problem for everyone else.
https:

//bleacherreport.com/articles/10069468-panthers-have-no-margin-for-error-with-no-1-draft-pick-after-2023-offseason-moves

It's getting to the point where I waffle back and forth from being worried of missing out on Maye, to being terrified of picking him and him turning into a big and shiny piece of crap.

And maybe Daniels is all natural talent, but won't survive the pro game.

When I saw Nix's interview, I started to go back to my position 2 months ago - trade down and get a LT & Nix in the first. With 1 or 2 solid WR's.

I believe that if Denver picks Nix, he might be the most successful rookie QB of the year.
Bo Nix gets you nowhere. He is a low level starter at best, some scouts see him as a backup. No thanks

Why on earth would Washington change who they pick based on who they heard the Pats like?
"Vernon Gholston"

it has happened before, it will happen again...

"Vernon Gholston"

it has happened before, it will happen again...
If the Commanders choose their franchise QB for the next 10 years based on a Tom Curran report about the Patriots, Adam Peters will need to be jailed for negligence. It’s not happening. Washington is picking their guy and the Pats get whoever they don’t pick.

Do you mind if I call you Thunder
Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

If the Commanders choose their franchise QB for the next 10 years based on a Tom Curran report about the Patriots, Adam Peters will need to be jailed for negligence. It’s not happening. Washington is picking their guy and the Pats get whoever they don’t pick.
dude, obviously you didnt get the tongue and cheek aspect of either post.

do us all a favor, go see a proctologist, ask him to remove the stick from your ass.

jfc

My only concern about Maye is his spirit and his perceived lack of velocity.
Even Daniell’s seem to have more mustard on their balls.
All of the passes that I've seen from Maye (and most of his college tape) shows a tremendous amount of velocity to all three area's of the field. He has a flick the wrist and it's 60 yards downfield type arm. Daniel's arm is actually no stronger than Mac's. He doesn't throw between the hash marks, or to the middle much, and doesn't have the velocity for the quick outs like Brady had. Most of his passes were deep because he had 2 studs that usually were always seriously open. It doesn't take a strong arm for the kind of throws Daniels made because his WR's were so open. Kind of like when Brady had Moss and he'd just have to get it near Moss and he'd come down with it.

All of the passes that I've seen from Maye (and most of his college tape) shows a tremendous amount of velocity to all three area's of the field. He has a flick the wrist and it's 60 yards downfield type arm. Daniel's arm is actually no stronger than Mac's. He doesn't throw between the hash marks, or to the middle much, and doesn't have the velocity for the quick outs like Brady had. Most of his passes were deep because he had 2 studs that usually were always seriously open. It doesn't take a strong arm for the kind of throws Daniels made because his WR's were so open. Kind of like when Brady had Moss and he'd just have to get it near Moss and he'd come down with it.
Agree with Daniel’s arm.
Comparing Mayes arm to Mccarthys.

Agree with Daniel’s arm.
Comparing Mayes arm to Mccarthys.
Oh. My bad! I do like McCarthy's arm. If Maye is gone and Daniels is left to us, I would take McCarthy (and yes, sit him a year like I would with Maye). I know I'll get roasted for preferring McCarthy over Daniels, but so be it. McCarthy has what Daniels doesn't: The arm, the size/weight, and he can be very mobile. In short: I DO NOT WANT DANIELS! Just because J.J. didn't get to air it out like many of the other's, doesn't mean that he can't.

If they knew the Patriots were not taking the guy they wanted, it could potentially impact a decision to trade down.

We all know that Curran and Mayo are close personally.

Curran has been pining for a trade down for months.

Over the past two days he started to change his tune…pumping up Drake Maye and his toughness. Then today, he just released his new podcast episode and said “I’ve heard it would take a lot MORE than 3 first round picks for them to consider trading down because of how they see the top quarterbacks ”.

What does it all mean? Could be nothing. Personally, I think Curran got a wink wink from Mayo, “don’t overthink it, we’re taking Drake Maye”.

FWIW
At least it’s good news. Unlike his reporting that the team was planning to promote Mayo without interviewing anyone. Which i convinced will prove to be a colossal mistake.

On the same podcast he had a Washington insider reporter saying he believes Washington is taking Daniels, 80-85 percent sure.

I believe Maye will be there at 3 and NE will draft him.
I agree this is the most likely outcome, and I would be happy to see it. If Maye doesn't work out , there's really no reason to second guess them, given what a crapshoot it is drafting "franchise" qb's. (It's pretty remarkable how difficult it is, considering all the presumably brilliant football minds who make such decisions. To be honest, it's sorta fun to see "experts" in any sort of endeavor forced to chow down on a little humble pie.) While I think they certainly should keep an open mind on offers for the pick, I doubt very much there be an offer spectacular enough to push them off their default: drafting a qb.

I'm more concerned about what's between his ears.
All of the reports that I've heard (take that for what it's worth) state that he has a very "Alpha"mentality. He came across as confident, but not ****y, and is a lead by example and from the front type.

Curran is preparing the fan base for the Maye draft pick.

He probably gets direct deposit from “Thunder” and his son “Drizzle”

McCarthy over Maye and it's not close. If you know... you know.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back