PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran (again) - Are these Tom Brady's final days with the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if they flame out in the playoffs with a frustrated Brady, I see him going to the LA Chargers. They have a ton of talent and he can make LA sign AB as well.

On the other hand, I don’t see him abandoning Jules.

Curran loves to pile it on when things aren’t going well with the Patriots.

I would say 98% of media/ nfl want the Patriots to fail and wants Brady to retire or go to a different team.

That being said Brady isn’t worth 30m a year.

Sentimental or not 30m for a 43-44 year old QB is absurd.

Edit to add: This team is never going to invest in big money on the WR position, I think in some ways Brady is tired of it.

Don't know where Curran stands with Brady these days, but he certainly is close to Guerrero. So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as just clickbaiting hawt taekz.

Curran loves to pile it on when things aren’t going well with the Patriots.

I would say 98% of media/ nfl want the Patriots to fail and wants Brady to retire or go to a different team.

That being said Brady isn’t worth 30m a year.

Sentimental or not 30m for a 43-44 year old QB is absurd.

Edit to add: This team is never going to invest in big money on the WR position, I think in some ways Brady is tired of it.

I don’t know if brady is looking for 30 million at this point of his career. It’s hard to judge his year because of the personnel. He started off well then the injuries with the OL. I would love him back but he might be fed up with this year and just move foward.

Once the symbiotic relationship between the team and Tom is no longer valued, they will go their separate ways. Both parties benefited greatly by this association - no way would TB12 or BB have 6 rings individually. All that said, I think they both want to see what they can do without the other as, really, that's all that's left to prove...

There's no doubt in my mind someone is feeding Curran this info which is similar to what Schefter hinted it a few weeks ago.

The question now is how legit is this info they're receiving and where it's coming from?

Last edited:
Don't know where Curran stands with Brady these days, but he certainly is close to Guerrero. So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as just clickbaiting hawt taekz.
Curran is on Don Yee’s speed dial

Only if they flame out in the playoffs with a frustrated Brady, I see him going to the LA Chargers. They have a ton of talent and he can make LA sign AB as well.

On the other hand, I don’t see him abandoning Jules.

Chargers? Meh. I would hate to see brady in another uniform. It would make me cringe.

I don’t know if brady is looking for 30 million at this point of his career. It’s hard to judge his year because of the personnel. He started off well then the injuries with the OL. I would love him back but he might be fed up with this year and just move foward.
If true, that's weird. I think Tom values winning above all and having the highest-paid WR's does not appear to correlate well with accomplishing that. Looking at this list, how many of these teams are SB bound?

NFL's highest paid wide receivers (average salary per year):
  • 1. Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr.: $18 million
  • 2. Raiders WR Antonio Brown: $16.7 million
  • 3. Buccaneers WR Mike Evans: $16.5 million
  • 4. Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins: $16.2 million
  • 5. Rams WR Brandin Cooks: $16.2 million
  • 6. Vikings WR Adam Thielen: $16.2 million
  • 7. Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins: $16 million
  • 8. Browns WR Jarvis Landry: $15.1 million
  • 9. Bengals WR A.J. Green: $15 million
  • 10. Packers WR Davante Adams: $14.5 million

What is the team suppose to do if Brady wants to be a top 5 highest paid QB in AAV & guarantees? That’s three years 100 million+ to a 43 year old QB.

On the other side, should he really re-sign for anything but that for a team that left him with Edelman, rookies & next to nothing at TE?

Tom has 5-7 games left in his pats career IMO. He has a chance to break Peyton Manning’s TD record in his last regular season game & win a 7th ring in his last game.

If true, that's weird. I think Tom values winning above all and having the highest-paid WR's does not appear to correlate well with accomplishing that. Looking at this list, how many of these teams are SB bound?

NFL's highest paid wide receivers (average salary per year):
  • 1. Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr.: $18 million
  • 2. Raiders WR Antonio Brown: $16.7 million
  • 3. Buccaneers WR Mike Evans: $16.5 million
  • 4. Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins: $16.2 million
  • 5. Rams WR Brandin Cooks: $16.2 million
  • 6. Vikings WR Adam Thielen: $16.2 million
  • 7. Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins: $16 million
  • 8. Browns WR Jarvis Landry: $15.1 million
  • 9. Bengals WR A.J. Green: $15 million
  • 10. Packers WR Davante Adams: $14.5 million

They had Cooks and AB. Cooks helped them get to a super bowl and then had is bell rung.

As for AB we won’t know what could have been, as our owner prematurely ejaculated over a few texts and a civil lawsuit.

What QBs are throwing those WR the ball, most of them aren’t HOF caliber QBs.

What is the team suppose to do if Brady wants to be a top 5 highest paid QB in AAV & guarantees? That’s three years 100 million+ to a 43 year old QB.

On the other side, should he really re-sign for anything but that for a team that left him with Edelman, rookies & next to nothing at TE?

Tom has 5-7 games left in his pats career IMO. He has a chance to break Peyton Manning’s TD record in his last regular season game & win a 7th ring in his last game.

Yes i think this might be it.☹️ Unfortunately i don’t feel that confident in number 7 because the offense stinks!

They had Cooks and AB. Cooks helped them get to a super bowl and then had is bell rung.

As for AB we won’t know what could have been, as our owner prematurely ejaculated over a few texts and a civil lawsuit.
AB was on a one-year prove-it deal at that point. Cooks became a top-paid WR when we traded him to LA.

TB is the GOAT, but he knows his success is also at least partially (I personally think more than just partially) attributed to the HC, owner, organization, system, and supportive cast of coaches. He's the GOAT partially because of the organization, not despite of it. I don't see him going to another non-current playoff team (say the Chargers like mentioned here), and takes them to the Superbowl. The supporting cast of coaches, system, and principals are nowhere to be found outside of NE, so good luck to him trying to get another championship with another team that does not already have a championship caliber QB.

If you exclude high-flying teams such as Chiefs, Ravens, Niners, Seahawks, Saints, Rams, Packers, who are you left with really?

The next tier is mid-level teams that either have QBs being groomed as we speak, or are all set at the QB position for the foreseeable future... Bills, Cardinals, Texans, Vikings, Browns, Bears, etc.

So who are you left with? Chargers? Steelers? Bengals? Raiders? Broncos? Colts? Lions? Giants? Panthers? Buccs? Redskins? Jets? Dolphins?.... Are you kidding me? Please.... Brady as GOAT as he is, ain't winning 5hit with any of these circus teams. Simply because it's a team sport, and not even the GOAT himself can carry a team to a championship on his own shoulders.... as a very attractive woman once said: "My husband can't throw the ball AND catch it..." - let alone run and coach the whole team.

So Tom.... I LOVE YOU! You are the GOAT! But if you think you're going to win anything with any of these QB-desperate bottom feeders dumpster fires..... good luck. No Belichick, no Patriots way, no assistant coaches and coordinators who buy into the system, no owner who would fly 2 goddamn 767s just so the players don't get each other sick.... Yeah, good luck with that. Thanks for everything you've done for this organization, but you ain't winning anything with any of those 5hitshows. Not because you’re not good enough anymore, but because a team needs more than just the GOAT himself to carry them over hump. And that a HUGH hump. Ain’t happening, and I'm willing to bet my nut sack on that.

Last edited:
AB was on a one-year prove-it deal at that point. Cooks became a top-paid WR when we traded him to LA.

If Cooks took less money he would still be a Patriot.

Imo their value system when it comes to WR is bargain basement prices.

TB is the GOAT, but he knows his success is also at least partially (I personally think more than just partially) attributed to the HC, owner, organization, system, and supportive cast of coaches. He's the GOAT partially because of the organization, not despite of it. I don't see him going to another non-current playoff team (say the Chargers like mentioned here), and takes them to the Superbowl. The supporting cast of coaches, system, and principals are nowhere to be found outside of NE, so good luck to him trying to get another championship with another team that does not already have a championship caliber QB.

If you exclude high-flying teams such as Chiefs, Ravens, Niners, Seahawks, Saints, Rams, Packers, who are you left with really?

The next tier is mid-level teams but have QBs being groomed as we speak... Bills, Cardinals, Texans, Browns, Bears, etc.

So who are you left with? Chargers? Raiders?Broncos? Colts? Giants? Panthers? Buccs? Redskins? Jets? Dolphins?.... please.... Brady as GOAT as he is, he ain't winning 5hit with any of these circus teams. Simply because it's a team sport, and not even the GOAT himself can carry a team to a championship on his own shoulders.... as a very attractive woman once said: "My husband can't throw the ball AND catch it..." - let alone run and coach the whole team.

So Tom.... I LOVE YOU! You are the GOAT! But if you think you're going to win anything with any of these QB-desperate bottom feeders dumpster fires..... good luck. No Belichick, no Patriots way, no assistant coaches and coordinators who buy into the system, no owner who would fly 2 goddamn 767s just so the players don't get each other sick.... Yeah, good luck with that. Thanks for everything you've done for this organization, but you ain't winning anything with any of those 5hitshows. I'm willing to bet my nut sack on that.

Idk. If he still loves the game and has a passion for it and feels he can still play he can somewhere else but who knows. His hometown team would have been a good fit but jimmy G is there.

There's no doubt in my mind someone is feeding Curran this info which is similar to what Schefter hinted it a few weeks ago.

The question now is how legit is this info they're receiving and where it's coming from?
Brady's father remarked a few years ago that Tom's career in New England would
end badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots