PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran (again) - Are these Tom Brady's final days with the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? Untili the last few weeks, I figured Brady and the Pats would keep coming to terms on contracts that are really year-by-year.

Since AB got cut, it's a different Brady. I think he might retire.

Idk. If he still loves the game and has a passion for it and feels he can still play he can somewhere else but who knows. His hometown team would have been a good fit but jimmy G is there.

It's not about what he wants. I'm sure he wants to play and win. But it takes much more than a GOAT alone to get a team to the Superbowl. This is not Tennis. One player, even as good as TB, not going to do it. You need a GOAT coach, a GOAT system, a GOAT owner, etc.

Would love to see how B.B. could do without Brady after passing on Lamar Jackson and swinging and missing so badly during the draft since 2015.

If Cooks took less money he would still be a Patriot.

Imo their value system when it comes to WR is bargain basement prices.

Cook was a waste. Our offense was never built (outside the Moss years) for outside, deep routes. And Cook never manged to get proper separation to boot. AB is a MUCH better fit in this system.

Would love to see how B.B. could do without Brady after passing on Lamar Jackson and swinging and missing so badly during the draft since 2015.

You could also say "would love to see how TB could do without the GOAT coach and his system in place"....

Cook was a waste. Our offense was never built (outside the Moss years) for outside, deep routes. And Cook never manged to get proper separation to boot. AB is a MUCH better fit in this system.

I pray for a WR like Cooks right now. Someone who can at least get down field and create something.

It's not about what he wants. I'm sure he wants to play and win. But it takes much more than a GOAT alone to get a team to the Superbowl. This is not Tennis. One player, even as good as TB, not going to do it. You need a GOAT coach, a GOAT system, a GOAT owner, etc.

True but you’re trying to imply he’s a system QB but i don’t see it that way. Joe Montana did some decent stuff with Kansas City. Brady’s one of those guys that would want to show everyone he can play under a different system and coach and get great results. I would hate to see him play for another team but if he i wouldn’t blame him.

.....but he might be fed up with this year and just move foward.
So what should we think of a guy who is “fed up” after one down year (10-2) that followed an amazing 4 year run and 3 trophies?

True but you’re trying to imply he’s a system QB but i don’t see it that way. Joe Montana did some decent stuff with Kansas City. Brady’s one of those guys that would want to show everyone he can play under a different system and coach and get great results. I would hate to see him play for another team but if he i wouldn’t blame him.

Sure, so did Manning with the Broncos. But the only reason Manning got a ring with the Donkeys was their true, elite defense. Otherwise, his noodle arm would have been his demise.

Sure, so did Manning with the Broncos. But the only reason Manning got a ring with the Donkeys was their true, elite defense. Otherwise, his noodle arm would have been his demise.

Different players. Manning’s neck injury derailed his arm. Brady still got some zip on that ball. Could he lose in a year from now who knows. Maybe.

The question is - which team will upgrade its current QB situation with brady and make it to the SB ? Chargers? Raiders? Lions? . Brady in the regular season with these teams is not a significant upgrade with those systems and players. Playoff brady is a different beast.

The question is - which team will upgrade its current QB situation with brady and make it to the SB ? Chargers? Raiders? Lions? . Brady in the regular season with these teams is not a significant upgrade with those systems and players. Playoff brady is a different beast.

None hopefully and we get to the super bowl lol. I still think the ravens lose another game. They could be peaking a little too early. They have a long winning streak. Does anyone know the longest winning streak heading into the playoffs where the team won the super bowl? Any know? Off course 2007 with the pats losing in the end.☹️ But besides that i wonder how many teams have had a streak longer than 10 games where they won the super bowl or got to the super bowl.

None hopefully and we get to the super bowl lol. I still think the ravens lose another game. They could be peaking a little too early. They have a long winning streak. Does anyone know the longest winning streak heading into the playoffs where the team won the super bowl? Any know?
Wasnt it the 2003 pats?

One quibble here:
With his 43-year-old season approaching, Brady and his agent Don Yee are going to sit down and ask for a bump to bring him in line with the rest of the league’s best quarterbacks after Brady has one of the worst statistical seasons of his career?

Doesn’t that seem like a request that Bill Belichick would begin to answer with the words, “With all due respect …”?

Previous BB statement: “Stats are for losers.”

BB breaks down every single play from every game, and probably those from practice too. I sure would like to think that the metrics he uses to judge Brady aren’t TDs, ints, completion percentage, etc. in isolation. I’d like to think he judges things based on decision making, accuracy, velocity, and appropriate poise. I’d like to think BB and Kraft would be fine giving Brady a raise if his “stats” are down as long as the metrics BB uses show no decline.

Will Tom be effective in a different system? He seems pretty upset when the receivers arent doing exactly what he wants them to do.

You say this as if he hasn’t won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls lol. Drafts haven’t been good, but scouting other teams veterans has been excellent.

He doesn't need Brady. BB will be just fine. Fat and Happy.

Almendola should have never been allowed to leave. If youre going to go low budget on the cheep, then at least pay DA. He was perfect in this offense and filled in admirably in the absence of Edelman. They called him 7 -11 because he was always open.

The deal with Brady is that he takes low market value so the Pats can afford to buy talent for the team and that includes the offense. Brady got screwed this season and is pixxed off. Ive never seen him so critical of his WR cast.

Curran is carrying the Brady camp's water. I really wish Krafty Bob didn't agree to the no franchise clause - handcuffs the team so when Poor Tom leaves as a free agent after this season the team gets nothing in return other than salary cap relief. This will be Kevin McHale all over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft